You may also like

Rate Dr. Pierre Dupont

Dr. Pierre Dupont's Ratings

I simply cannot say enough positive feedback regarding this Podiatrist as well as the staff at this most professional of clinics. I had been having back, knee and bunion pain which led me to Dr. Dupont's practice; I was surprised to learn the extent of my foot degeneration, with severe flat feet and overpronation. Dr. Dupont explained very clearly what the issues were and what were possible solutions in layman's terms. I decided to have orthotics made as I had insurance coverage for this; I also made the decision to undergo "Hyprocure" surgery, whereby small stents or implants are placed into sinus tarsi (just below ankle bone) as I apparently had deformity in this joint, thus causing my feet to collapse essentially. To be clear, this procedure is done at the clinic as outpatient, with a local anesthetic, and is NOT covered by OHIP or insurance. You are able to claim it as medical expense for taxes, provided you have a medical note stating procedure done for corrective, not cosmetic purposes. I find it preposterous that this is not covered as it is to PREVENT further damage from occurring. Go figure. It simply made sense for me as could not imagine wearing orthotics ALL the time and this procedure is a permanent solution. I won't go into details about procedure itself, but did have to take about 6 weeks off from work. I felt less pain in my bunions within 2 weeks!
Overall, I would highly recommend Dr. DuPont for your feet needs/care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2777427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

I visited Dr. Dupont's clinic with my mom who has hammer toe and bunions. She had pain for many years and tried many different shoes but her pain would get worse each coming year. Dr. Dupont took his time to explain her the diagnosis through X-Rays which has been taken in the clinic. He gave her the options for treatments and prescribed orthotics. It's been couple months that she is wearing them and it has been first time in years that she has no pain walking and doing regular activities. I highly recommend to visit his clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2755060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I have had heel pain for more than a year or so. My physician referred me to a physio. I had 6 treatments from which I only had in a minor improvement that did not hold for long. Then I saw Dr. Dupont who really took the time to listen to me, localized precisely the worst area of pain , examined my feet thoroughly, took x-rays and review them with me in a way that I understood exactly what is going on. He provided me with a pair of orthotics and did perform 3 shockwave treatments; right after the very first treatment, my pain level had been reduced by 50%, so I could walk normally again. One week after the last treatment, pain is gone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2753835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I am so happy that I visited Dr. Dupont. His staff was friendly and genuine and I got the help I needed. I am a runner and am not willing to give it up even if I have pain. I had a shockwave treatment and, while it was painful during the treatment, it was incredibly helpful. I walked out feeling like I had a new foot. I still have more treatments to go as per Dr. Dupont's recommendation and I will happily attend my appointments to have such results. I recommend that runners visit this clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I had a great experience visiting Dr Duponts office. His staff and facility are so much nicer and more professional than the other establishment I visited in Ottawa. I don't often write reviews on the internet but I was so pleased with the service I received I felt I had to. If you have foot issues and you live in the Ottawa area this is the place to go!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752479].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I suffered from severe pronation of my right foot for the past two years and it was impacting on my knee, hips and back. I was reluctant to go into custom orthotics as I love shoes and did not want to be limited to "sensible" footwear. I also love the freedom of walking in socks in my apartment. When I saw the advertisement for the HyProCure procedure it immediately spoke to me and gave me hope of perhaps being able to walk without pain again. I had the procedure done almost three weeks ago and am gradually regaining use of my foot. I am very careful to follow directions as I really want this to work. The procedure itself went very well - I was nervous but Dr. Dupont and his staff were very reassuring and so friendly. I feel very optimistic that this procedure will enable me to fully enjoy life again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732927].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

After 10 years of picking out my own ingrown nails & working on my feet as a stylist I could not ignore any longer the infections or pain. My 1st appointment/consultation he was able to fix the issue in the clinics surgical suite. I was shocked at how easy & painless it was. All those years I can not believe how afraid I was & how simple it was to solve. Back at work the next day & off on my beach holiday 2 weeks after that I was still confident with the decision. The follow up appointments were just as pleasant & thorough. Now my clients are asking to see my miracle toes. A huge thanks for correcting this long term issue & for the great care. I would not hesitate to refer & discuss my happy results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I am blessed to have been guided by God's Grace to this beautiful practice with its knowledge, positive staff, excellent attention to Quality and aftercare.
I had a ganglion exision performed
Knoweldge-I found a wealth of experience in Dr. Dupont which gave me confidence to go ahead with the surgery God wiling. His experience really convinced me that he was the man for the job since it was so intricate.
Postivity- The staff is amazing. From the moment we started, it was a friendly atmosphere with lots of smiles by God’s will. There was lots of reassurance throughout the process and encouragement, even during my x-rays. Nurse Allie held my hand through the entire surgery, despite my hard squeeze as it's my first procedure, and offered me a little bit of her lunch when I felt queezy.
Quality-Everything was top notch quality and clean. I mean you're getting the best stuff out there, truly top notch care in North America. Attention was paid to minimizing pain, my stitch removal had no pain, zero. Nurse Allie again.
Thoroughness- an additional appointment was requested to make SURE the quality of the procedure was good, and everything was running smoothly. Quality aftercare-Man did the nurses call me. They called me the night of the surgery, and the next day at my request, and answered my questions. I even emailed a pic of my concern to them the next day and got an answer within 10 mins so what can I say about this entire experience, simply Divine!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2731465].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2015

I had the Hyprocure procedure done about 6-7 months ago. I suffered from flat feet and was starting to feel pain mainly on my left foot. It was getting difficult to walk and orthotics only worked minimally. With the hyprocure solution I am mainly pain-free. I am still adjusting from being perfectly aligned when I was not my entire life. There are bad days when I still do feel pain but I think it's just part of the adjustment process. I am realistic about my expectations from the procedure and I would definitely recommend it to anyone suffering foot pain. Dr. Dupont was very knowledgeable and the procedure was a complete success so far. I can walk without pain and look forward to becoming completely healed from the operation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2725596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

hyprocure did not work. it was a waste of money and far worse; a lot of false hope. i would not do it again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707443].votes_count ]]