Rate Dr. Richard Cook

Dr. Richard Cook's Ratings

One of the best minimally invasive heart surgeon in BC. He is always calm, friendly and super knowledgeable. I was so well that I got sent home 4 days after my valve replacement surgery at VGH. Thank you so much for saving my life Dr. Cook!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Dr Richard Cook did a bypass operation on me using the Minimally Invasive Direct Cardiac Arterial Bypass (MID-CAB) on November 26, 2014. It was done so well I felt like a normal person on the 3rd day after the surgery, with only minimal pain from deep breathing. On the 6th day, my condition was so improved that I had to remind myself that I had just gone through an operation and that I had to allow my body to heal.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640070].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Mitral valve repair surgery performed by Dr. Cook in July of 2012. Has given me a new lease on life. Great individual and extremely knowledgeable. Always found the time to answer any questions asked. His calm demeanor was very reassuring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][134211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2013

Dr Cook changed my life. Quintuple bypass in 2011, I'm now back to doing every sport I wasn't able to do. Hike, kayak, bike, swim, ski, anything is possible because of him. I owe him my new life. Best surgeon ever!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][134210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 10, 2013

Two weeks from diagnosis, 100% blockage of LDA, (widow maker),until Da Vinci robotic surgery performed by Dr. Richard Cook, VGH, April 2013, he simply saved my life! Not much more to say, other than he's a great guy!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][134209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

Dr. Cook performed my dad's heart surgery 2 years ago - a removal of a myxoma tumour combined with a quadruple bypass. Our whole family was very impressed by his approach during the consultation and in preparing my dad for surgery, during a time that was very scary for our family. We feel a lot of gratitude - thank you Dr. Cook!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][134208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

as soon as as he enters a room he eludes calmness and assurance and makes you feel at ease. explains evertyhing to you and takes time with you great bedside manners

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][134207].votes_count ]]