Rate Dr. Prunella Moonsamy

Dr. Prunella Moonsamy's Ratings

Such an awful doctor I would never ever recommend her to anyone. She completely disregarded my needs as a patient, forced me to keep taking antidepressants when I told her they were making me have suicidal thoughts and tendencies, and then on top of all of this she misdiagnosed me. I also agree with everything else patients have said on here, she is extremely condescending, manipulative and flippant. I am so sick with these Dr.'s at Caledonia, don't go there! I am filling out multiple complaint forms tomorrow...

Submitted July 8, 2014 | flag

Never listen to me, make me feel I'm a lier or stupid person. Shes late on appointment all the time and rush me out. Never recommend her to anyone.

Submitted July 3, 2014 | flag

Very late when I saw her the other day (over an hour) Did not take time needed, so she could catch up with patients. Did not give helpful advice, and what she did say was not based on sound knowledge. Did not listen to me. Cannot work with patients - sees them as objects. Looks for the negative and finds it. She could not engage with this patient - superficial. Terrible approach to patients. Doesn't seem to like what she does - needs to reconsider her career path or have her practice addressed.

Submitted May 16, 2014 | flag

I'm so greatful to have Prunella Moonsamy as my family doctor.I had a regular doc.for 20 yrs & he retired.I was lucky enough to get Prunella as my doc.for my kids too.She's thorough,attentive & supportive.My daughter had Prunella's colleig as her doc.but couldn't communicate with her because of her accent.Prunella was so respectful of her colleig,she didn't want to take her patient.My kids & i think she's awesome as well as professional.Thanks again,Prunella.You rock!!!

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

I find her to be condescending, and treat her patients like second rate citizens. The only reason I have her as a physician is b/c there are no doctors taking new patients in Nanaimo. She does not listen, is snotty and has no sense of humour. She does not do thorough Pap smears and is clearly more uncomfortable doing them than I was getting one. I will never recommend her!

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Horrible. cold , almost hostile. Treated me like dirt. Kept me waiting over 40 minutes for a booked appointment,then started off by telling me she had "no tolerance for missed appointments" and would discharge me if I missed a appointment. Told me she would not prescribe narcotics although none of my prescriptions were narcotics. Then stated "what about you're Methadone?", implying I was lying. Have NEVER been on methadone and am certainly no heroin addict. Asked for help as I was quite sick and needed to renew prescriptions. (My family Dr. of 20 years has become ill and is not working anymore, leaving me with no doctor. Couldn't care less. Told me to go out front and sign a release and she would see me again in 2 to 3 weeks. Needless to say, I will not return to see this self serving, ignorant, stuck up *#@%*.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

I find her quite personable and friendly- she is always helpful and ready to listen to my problems and find solutions. She is quick to make referrals and I appreciate that. I'm so glad that I have finally found myself a female Dr and one that cares too!

Submitted Jan. 25, 2014 | flag

I've seen her a few times simply because i needed to find a doctor for myself and my baby. She is not helpful, likes to act as if she is...even though what she says is useless.I would NEVER recomend her to a new mother. She's not supportive of breastfeeding and will make you feel as if you are harming your infant by doing it. I will be looking for a new doctor!

Submitted May 9, 2012 | flag

Based on about eight appointments with this doctor. NO! Not good! Did not go over my chart with me. Argued with me. Raised my blood pressure. Did not listen to me. Did not record anything we discussed. Gave me poor medical advice. Made me feel like a commodity rather than a patient. Does not seem to like people. She may make a good lab tech or pharmascist but should not be practicing medicine.

Submitted April 15, 2012 | flag

She is an amazing doctor! She takes the time to listen. I really appreciate her honesty and concern. I'm always amazed that she remembers my situation, and always asks about my children. She is punctual and I have never felt rushed. She's very knowledgeable and thorough. I'm so glad that my daughters and I have her as our family doctor.

Submitted April 8, 2012 | flag