You may also like

Rate Dr. Prunella Moonsamy

Dr. Prunella Moonsamy's Ratings

i'm so greatful that dr . prunella moonsamy came along when she did.my regular male gp just retired & i was very nervous about a new doctor.she's so thorough,great listener,awesome doctor.she even had her office call my daughter ,as she needed antibiotics badly.god bless u prunella.keep smilin & doin an awesome job at ur work.ur amazing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2767449].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I am a newer patient with Dr. P. Moonsamy. I have a chronic issue which I have never had successful diagnosis or resolution of with previous family doctors. Dr. Moonsamy has taken a methodological and sensible approach to my issue. She has encouraged me to report and test symptoms quickly. She appears to have good knowledge of the subject, and does not hesitate to tell me her opinion of things, for example when I ask her about something I could try or do to relieve symptoms or solve my problem. I appreciate her medical opinion as a Doctor and take it as such, an educated opinion. I find her courteous and although I do have to wait for appointments, she apologizes when she is running late . I accept this because if I had a complicated or serious issue that ran overtime I would hope she wouldn't dismiss me quickly - so I allow for that, and plan in extra waiting time for any Doctor or specialist appointment I make. She is willing to make recommendations to specialists when required. For the first time in many years I feel I have a possibility of getting to the bottom of the problem.. I have really appreciated the staff for their politeness & calling about test results .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2661043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2014

I have felt extremely fortunate to have Dr. Moonsamy as my GP. After fighting for over a year with strange pains, she was patient enough to do a thorough evaluation and was able to catch a potentially life threatening health problem that other GPs had ignored.

She has been respectful of my mental health issues and is one of the only doctors to not dismiss my physical health issues due to my mental health issues.

She is rather detatched, which I see as a plus because I don't feel like I am being judged; I just another person in her queue.

I would not recommend her to someone looking to create a personal relation with their GP though, as she keeps it business like.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586744].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Unpleasant and condescending as many others mention. I have never asked for pain medication before, though I have Osteo Arthritis and degenerating discs. She said I would have to come back weekly because she gave me pain pills. She had not read the specialists report. Got the main information wrong, saying my problem is Carpal Tunnel when its a degenerating disc. Idiot. She is always late. I intend to find a new Doctor. She is awful.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2548636].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 23, 2014

Such an awful doctor I would never ever recommend her to anyone. She completely disregarded my needs as a patient, forced me to keep taking antidepressants when I told her they were making me have suicidal thoughts and tendencies, and then on top of all of this she misdiagnosed me. I also agree with everything else patients have said on here, she is extremely condescending, manipulative and flippant. I am so sick with these Dr.'s at Caledonia, don't go there! I am filling out multiple complaint forms tomorrow...

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2199879].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Never listen to me, make me feel I'm a lier or stupid person. Shes late on appointment all the time and rush me out. Never recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2199877].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Very late when I saw her the other day (over an hour) Did not take time needed, so she could catch up with patients. Did not give helpful advice, and what she did say was not based on sound knowledge. Did not listen to me. Cannot work with patients - sees them as objects. Looks for the negative and finds it. She could not engage with this patient - superficial. Terrible approach to patients. Doesn't seem to like what she does - needs to reconsider her career path or have her practice addressed.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2199880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

I'm so greatful to have Prunella Moonsamy as my family doctor.I had a regular doc.for 20 yrs & he retired.I was lucky enough to get Prunella as my doc.for my kids too.She's thorough,attentive & supportive.My daughter had Prunella's colleig as her doc.but couldn't communicate with her because of her accent.Prunella was so respectful of her colleig,she didn't want to take her patient.My kids & i think she's awesome as well as professional.Thanks again,Prunella.You rock!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2199881].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I find her to be condescending, and treat her patients like second rate citizens. The only reason I have her as a physician is b/c there are no doctors taking new patients in Nanaimo. She does not listen, is snotty and has no sense of humour. She does not do thorough Pap smears and is clearly more uncomfortable doing them than I was getting one. I will never recommend her!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2199878].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Horrible. cold , almost hostile. Treated me like dirt. Kept me waiting over 40 minutes for a booked appointment,then started off by telling me she had "no tolerance for missed appointments" and would discharge me if I missed a appointment. Told me she would not prescribe narcotics although none of my prescriptions were narcotics. Then stated "what about you're Methadone?", implying I was lying. Have NEVER been on methadone and am certainly no heroin addict. Asked for help as I was quite sick and needed to renew prescriptions. (My family Dr. of 20 years has become ill and is not working anymore, leaving me with no doctor. Couldn't care less. Told me to go out front and sign a release and she would see me again in 2 to 3 weeks. Needless to say, I will not return to see this self serving, ignorant, stuck up *#@%*.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][134431].votes_count ]]