Rate Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Ratings

This review is well over due, as I was a patient of Dr. Sharara's in 2012. My husband and I, in our late 30s had been trying for about 3 years for our first child and upon moving to Virginia I went to see Dr. Sharara. He is extremely knowledgable and experienced. He is also so warm and personable, you never feel like "patient # X" in his office. Moreover, he performs all the exams himself so you see him each time you go to the office. His staff is stellar, very helpful, compassionate and interested in your well being. Dr. Sharara believes in holistic treatment and will give you advise on diet and exercise as it relates to fertility. He knows his stuff! I suffer from ovarian cysts and irregular ovulation. He put me on low carb diet, prescribed both non-prescription supplements and a prescription medication. 3 months later I was pregnant with my son who is now a thriving 18 month old. We have since relocated to another state, but if you are in the DC area, I would advise you to see Dr. Sharara. Why settle for anything less?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I'm very grateful to God for making dr sharara as my doc..he is outstanding, very experienced and knowledgeable. After 6 failed ivfs and a miscarriage, i had very little hope left, But after meeting dr sharara i gained confidence to try again. He is a very positive person..he treats his patients as patients not as customers. Bcoz of his treatment i have a baby girl.I will b thankfull to him all my life. They have gud staff too, especially nurse joe She is very warm n mother like.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Sharara is great. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment, and I always saw the doctor at every appointment- most other places you just see a nurse for monitoring appointments. He was very knowledgeable and direct with everything. He can be a little arrogant and particular, but that's because he really is the best at what he does. Plus he helped make my dream come true.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

HONEST REVIEW...READ UNTIL THE END!

Where to begin.....
I was referred to Dr.S after a horrible experience at Shady Grove Fertility Center (please don't EVER go there). I was hesitant to sign on with Dr.Sharara because he is out of network for my insurance and fertility treatment is not cheap (though Dr.S graciously applied discounts at times). After our initial consultation, my husband said "he's your new doctor" before we even reached the car.

Dr.Sharara NEVER disappointed us. Yes, it's true he is brutally honest and he does not sugarcoat anything (btw sugar is a sin to him and you'll soon learn to agree) but he is AMAZING at his job. He is brilliant. He is smart. He is up-to-date. He is the ONE doctor in all of the DC area you can trust to put your best interests first. There is no reason to question him, as I quickly learned, just trust in everything he says and does.

The thorough testing he makes all patients go through can be a long and annoying process, but it is critical; he doesn't just make this stuff up, there is reason behind his actions. I thought I had done all the testing I needed at SGFC but Dr.Sharara went more in depth, so far as to find out through blood tests that I had a serious genetic blood issue that was causing my miscarriages. He quickly addressed it and I'm so thankful.

The entire staff is wonderful. Nurse Jo became my angel and the best support system I could ask for. Ellen always greeted me with a smile and a story to keep my company in the waiting room (which btw was never a long wait, Dr.S sticks to his apt times). Emily is the best new addition to the office and she is full of positive energy, just what everyone who walks through those doors need.

I am forever grateful to Dr.Sharara. He restored my hope in a growing family and he taught me about medicine, science, and my body so that I was better informed on the process I experienced. I was put on a lot of medication, up to 22 pills and 4 shots a day, but all for good reason, to get my body to a healthy place so I can produce quality embryos and hold a pregnancy.

Thanks to Dr.Shara, his staff, and God, I'm now 11 weeks pregnant, and the only bad thing about it is that I've graduated from Dr.Sharara's office and need to move on to an OBGYN. But I will definitely be back to visit my second family often.

If you are experiencing the hell associated with infertility, make the best decision you can and see Dr.Sharara asap; don't delay.
-Zanzoun

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2684302].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I had a unique situation and after going to Shady Grove Fertility who told me they couldn't help me, a friend of mine who went to Dr. Sharara previously (she has 4 year old twin girls thanks to him), suggested I get a second opinion. I did and the difference was night and day. Instead of feeling like I was in a baby factory, it was small, personal and the staff was very welcoming. I liked that I always saw Dr. Sharara at my appointments and he performed all the procedures I went through (laparoscopy and IVF). He was realistic and fair throughout the process however I would think of questions outside of my appointments and business hours. A nurse gave me her phone number and the couple times I had urgent questions, she always answered her phone and was very helpful (even at 5am when I was in extreme pain). The evening of my trigger shot, my syringe leaked half of the liquid and I didn't realize it until 10pm. I called the nurse and for the next hour, she found an emergency pharmacy that was able to fill my prescription at 11:30pm to ensure my shot and retrieval was successful. I cried when I was dismissed not only because I was pregnant but because Dr. Sharara and his team are fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2679821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

Am am a two time surrogate and have had Dr. Sharara both times. There is nothing better then walking into a doctors office and feeling absolute peace about who's going to take care of you. Everyone is so sweet and helpful. They even gave me their cell numbers just in case I had any questions. What doctors office does that? Dr. Sharara is friendly and very straight forward about the whole process. He never gives you false hope and tries to do everything humanly possible to help achieve your dreams. I would go to him a thousands times if I could.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2668598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2015

I first made an appointment to see Dr. Sharara after briefly working with my regular OBGYN and then working with a different fertility doctor in the area to try to conceive. I had already been diagnosed with PCOS and had three failed Clomid cycles and one failed IUI. I had approached my previous doctor about some somewhat alternative forms of treatment to help such as going on Metformin but my ideas were dismissed. After feeling stalled for a couple of months, Dr. Sharara was recommended to me by two people and I decided to go in for an initial consult.
From the first moment I set foot in the VCRM office, every single person was warm, attentive, and sensitive to my situation. As I continued to come to the office for many future appointments, I noticed that this was the norm for VCRM. I was consistently greeted with warm smiles, hugs, and questions about personal details of my life that no one else would ever have remembered! Further, Dr. Sharara approached me about going on Metformin as well as some other medications, going on a fertility (VCRM) diet, having some additional tests, and having surgery to remove a partial uterine septum. Although these steps were not always easy to take, having a baby was our first priority and we would do whatever it took. We ended up being incredibly fortunate as we were able to conceive right before we began the IVF process! Last week I officially “graduated” from VCRM and will be seeing my regular OB tomorrow. As I told Dr. Sharara and Jo, it was a bittersweet feeling as they had been so incredibly supportive, kind, and sensitive to me over the past several months.
As cliché as it may sound, Dr. Sharara is truly helping our dream come true. In fact, my only regret about VCRM was not making an appointment sooner. He asked me to come in and show him my “belly” when I start to show and I know they will forever be on our holiday card list. I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Sharara, Jo, Trisha, and the rest of the staff at VCRM. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2664780].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 28, 2014

I went to Dr Sharara to become a Gestational Surrogate for friends of mine in VA. I had the most amazing experience with Dr Sharara and his staff. They were friendly, helpful and always had my best interests in mind. I felt like the most important patient they had when I was there. I recommend this clinic and dr. very highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2647222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

My husband and I have had an amazing experience with Dr. Sharara. He is absolutely the best! From the moment we walked in to his office, we were treated like family. Through holding our hands through difficult times, and celebrating with us in times of joy, he and his staff have been supportive and caring the whole way through. My husband and I were constantly amazed at Dr. Sharara's knowledge and expertise. Being under such careful care took away so much of the fear that comes with fertility treatments. After two IVF cycles, we are now happily expecting twins! We simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Sharara and the amazing team at his office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

We had an amazing journey, which is now complete with the birth of our daughter. Our family simply cannot truly express the love and thanks we have in our hearts for the beauty made possible by Dr. Sharara’s expertise. From the moment we met him we knew we were in the best hands. He did not sugar coat what we needed to do, but gave us the honesty and compassion to make this miracle possible. After a series of let downs with a local fertility center in Pennsylvania where he felt nothing more than a sales pitch, we turned to the VCRM, and the highly respected doctor my sister and her husband also entrusted with helping in the birth of my two nephews. It was no easy logistical feat traveling 2+ hrs each way from PA to attend our appointments, but we knew Dr. Sharara was the best in his field. He was always punctual, always compassionate, and a true master in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642049].votes_count ]]