Rate Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Ratings

My twin boys recently celebrated their 15th birthday. I was looking up Dr Sharara to see what he was doing now. All the positive reviews I am reading are the same feelings I had 16 years ago. We were seeking IVF with the intention of asking about anonymous egg donors. I have myotonic dystrophy, a congenital condition, and didn't want to pass this on to another generation. When I first met Dr Sharara he looked over my history including the family history of myotonic dystrophy. He looked very concerned as he asked me about this. It was then that I told him we were interested in the egg donor program. He looked visibly relieved and proceded to discuss that program, laying out the details and chances of success (which at the time were higher than regular IVF). At the end of the appointment, I asked him why he looked so strained at the beginning of our session. He apologized for allowing his feelings to show on his face. He explained that he didn't know if I was aware of the genetic nature of myotonic dystrophy and he was pondering how to tell me that any children I bore had a 50% chance of inheriting the disease. For 16 years he has been treating his patients exactly as he would treat a close friend. It's personal with him. They even came to visit when I was after the boys were born..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618300].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Thank goodness we found Dr. Sharara! After reading review after review, on sites like this, I realized this doctor may be worth visiting and we were absolutely right. He and his staff care so much about each patient individually and their genuineness shines thru at each visit. My husband is not a big fan of doctors and often thinks they are only out for money no matter the cost, but no lie, after every single visit with Dr. Sharara we both would look at each other and say "I really like him." and "They are really good people." We are currently pregnant with our first baby and it's all due to Dr. Sharara's expertise that helped get us here. I recommend this office without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr. Sharara is the absolute best in the area. I am so thankful for him and his wonderful staff. He is incredibly knowledgable, caring, prompt, and we have a perfect baby boy because of his help. He and his staff honestly care about you. You are not just another patient with this practice. I trust him more than any doctor I have ever seen, and I will continue to sing his praises to anyone who will listen. Dr. Sharara is a no-nonsense, get it done kind of doctor, but knows how to make you feel at ease. I never had to wait for an appointment. In fact, I was usually in the exam room 5 minutes before the appointment started! My husband and I went through two IVF rounds to conceive our boy, and last April, I went back for another round and am pregnant with another baby. God bless Dr. Sharara. He is the very best and will do everything in his power to help you conceive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

My husband and I are very thankful to this practice for all the help it has given us for our first pregnancy. I feel that I was very blessed that I had a great insurance policy that enabled me to get care without very much out of pocket costs. The support staff and nurses of this office is by far the best I have ever seen in any practice. They really seem to care about you and take the time to get to know you as a person. They were also very good about helping me with my insurance. I also appreciated the timeliness of the practice. Considering how many appointments I went to, it was nice to know that I could reasonably predict how long I would be in their office. I will say that Dr. sharara can rush you at times so be prepared to have your questions ready at your appointments. If you forget that's not a biggie since you can call them in as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Just one word about this doctor. The best one. As a doctor, as a person, as an RE. Really feel blessed to have known him and receive his treatment and advice. May God bless him always !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I am 5 months pregnant right now with a healthy baby girl thanks to Dr. Sharara and his staff! I cannot say enough good things about this place, I did a lot of research before I finally chose this place. I traveled all the way from Richmond, VA and I would do it again without thinking twice!! The infertility places in my area did not have as good of success rates nor did they make you feel comfortable, I saw many reviews saying how the Dr.'s made them cry. I knew I had to go else where because I had been through enough having 2 ectopic pregnancies resulting in the removal of both of my fallopian tubes, I did not need for anyone else to make me cry, I had done enough crying already! So, I chose VCFRM based on reviews and statistics of success rates. And I could not be happier with my choice. The only part I did not like was the awful drive from Richmond. The always greet you by your name when you walk through the door, and Dr. S and the nurse Jo, have a way to make you feel like you are special. Dr. S knows you and your case inside and out, he takes the time to get to know you and make you feel like a person not just another case. He is thorough with testing, which some people may not like, but I am glad he did because I would rather know everything ahead of time, instead of wasting time and money trying different procedures for nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I'm sitting here with my healthy 7 month old son thanks to Dr. Sharara. We live in DC but I drove out to Reston for the small size and personal attention of his office. It was worth it to have every member of the staff know you and care. I have PCOS but got pregnant on my first try with IVF, miscarried at 9 weeks but then conceived again on my first FET with embryos remaining from the first IVF and had my son. He did tell me to eat less sugar and carbs with the PCOS but honestly he was right, I was and most of us are eating too much sugar and carbs. Eating more protein and vegetables is just good for your health and I'm still doing it even months after my baby arrived because I feel better. I also think they have a top notch embryologist who got every single one of my eggs retrieved to fertilize and most to the 5 day stage, so that even after IVF and a fet we still have several frozen. And I'm in my mid to late 30s. Dr. Sharara is very knowledgable and kind, he may not spend hours explaining things but he is in top of everything so trust him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I owe Dr. Sharara and his staff more than I'll ever know how to repay. I was trying to get pregnant for about 4 years. I had done timed coitus with clomid, 3 IUI's, and 2 IVF's, which were all failures. I had been to 2 other well known clinics in the DC area. By the time I got to Dr. Sharara, I thought that I was unable to get pregnant and had very little hope. Dr. Sharara took the time to understand my history. He couldn't believe that I was unable to get pregnant because I'm young and healthy. He did multiple things that contributed to me having a successful IVF. He changed my diet and I was not able to eat sugar or carbs, which was extremely difficult, but I did it. He noticed and removed a septum in my uterus. He put me on blood thinners during my cycle and he started me on Metformin to control my PCOS (I had been on Metformin before during my IUI's). I am still in disbelief that I am pregnant. I have learned that the doctor matters. Dr. Sharara is the best. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Finding a Doctor’s office that offers the level of patient care that you will find at VCRMED is a rarity these days and they have certainly raised the bar for other offices. With every visit, I came to view the team at VCRMED as family and Dr. Sharara, Dr. Abdo, Melissa, Jo, Ellen, Trisha, and Cheryl championed my husband and I every step of the way and I always felt like I was their favorite patient. The office has a boutique feel and was warm and inviting. I was always seen on time and worked in promptly whenever I had an issue. Dr. Sharara is a very intelligent, decisive and charming person and I trusted his judgment throughout the entire process. His up-to-date knowledge and exacting attitude supported his attention to minor conditions that might otherwise be overlooked at another facility. My husband and I felt he and his team did everything that was scientifically possible to increase our odds of success and we are thrilled to be awaiting the arrival of our twins in August.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

“For this child I prayed & the Lord has granted me my petition…”1 Sam1:27 I’m currently expecting our 3rd child! It’s a miracle to be able to say this as we didn't even know if we could have 1, let alone 3! We have 2 healthy ones as a result of IVF & Dr S. What an unexpected journey it has been for my husband & I; we never thought infertility would affect us. Our referral to Dr S was an amazing blessing. We’re so blessed to have gotten pregnant on the 1st cycle, each try. God’s so good. Dr S is the only doctor I’ve ever had that I actually look forward to seeing each visit! I believe that God makes miracles happen; I sincerely believe He uses Dr S to help make miracles here on earth. We can’t imagine our lives without our precious 2 blessings. I’m so grateful that God brought us to Dr S. Life hasn’t been the same since! If you are struggling w/ infertility, I strongly encourage you to visit Dr S. Your life will likely change too! “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord” Ps127:3

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458316].votes_count ]]