Rate Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Ratings

I'm sitting here with my healthy 7 month old son thanks to Dr. Sharara. We live in DC but I drove out to Reston for the small size and personal attention of his office. It was worth it to have every member of the staff know you and care. I have PCOS but got pregnant on my first try with IVF, miscarried at 9 weeks but then conceived again on my first FET with embryos remaining from the first IVF and had my son. He did tell me to eat less sugar and carbs with the PCOS but honestly he was right, I was and most of us are eating too much sugar and carbs. Eating more protein and vegetables is just good for your health and I'm still doing it even months after my baby arrived because I feel better. I also think they have a top notch embryologist who got every single one of my eggs retrieved to fertilize and most to the 5 day stage, so that even after IVF and a fet we still have several frozen. And I'm in my mid to late 30s. Dr. Sharara is very knowledgable and kind, he may not spend hours explaining things but he is in top of everything so trust him!

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

I owe Dr. Sharara and his staff more than I'll ever know how to repay. I was trying to get pregnant for about 4 years. I had done timed coitus with clomid, 3 IUI's, and 2 IVF's, which were all failures. I had been to 2 other well known clinics in the DC area. By the time I got to Dr. Sharara, I thought that I was unable to get pregnant and had very little hope. Dr. Sharara took the time to understand my history. He couldn't believe that I was unable to get pregnant because I'm young and healthy. He did multiple things that contributed to me having a successful IVF. He changed my diet and I was not able to eat sugar or carbs, which was extremely difficult, but I did it. He noticed and removed a septum in my uterus. He put me on blood thinners during my cycle and he started me on Metformin to control my PCOS (I had been on Metformin before during my IUI's). I am still in disbelief that I am pregnant. I have learned that the doctor matters. Dr. Sharara is the best. Thank you!

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

Finding a Doctor’s office that offers the level of patient care that you will find at VCRMED is a rarity these days and they have certainly raised the bar for other offices. With every visit, I came to view the team at VCRMED as family and Dr. Sharara, Dr. Abdo, Melissa, Jo, Ellen, Trisha, and Cheryl championed my husband and I every step of the way and I always felt like I was their favorite patient. The office has a boutique feel and was warm and inviting. I was always seen on time and worked in promptly whenever I had an issue. Dr. Sharara is a very intelligent, decisive and charming person and I trusted his judgment throughout the entire process. His up-to-date knowledge and exacting attitude supported his attention to minor conditions that might otherwise be overlooked at another facility. My husband and I felt he and his team did everything that was scientifically possible to increase our odds of success and we are thrilled to be awaiting the arrival of our twins in August.

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

“For this child I prayed & the Lord has granted me my petition…”1 Sam1:27 I’m currently expecting our 3rd child! It’s a miracle to be able to say this as we didn't even know if we could have 1, let alone 3! We have 2 healthy ones as a result of IVF & Dr S. What an unexpected journey it has been for my husband & I; we never thought infertility would affect us. Our referral to Dr S was an amazing blessing. We’re so blessed to have gotten pregnant on the 1st cycle, each try. God’s so good. Dr S is the only doctor I’ve ever had that I actually look forward to seeing each visit! I believe that God makes miracles happen; I sincerely believe He uses Dr S to help make miracles here on earth. We can’t imagine our lives without our precious 2 blessings. I’m so grateful that God brought us to Dr S. Life hasn’t been the same since! If you are struggling w/ infertility, I strongly encourage you to visit Dr S. Your life will likely change too! “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord” Ps127:3

Submitted May 21, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sharara and his staff are amazing. They are truly the best! We first met with Dr. Sharara in December to discuss our options for getting pregnant and having a baby. He thoroughly answered many of our questions. After some preliminary testing, we officially started the IVF process in February. I had been worried about missing work due to the frequent appointments, but the whole process went by so easily and quickly. I ended up taking off only 2 days of work for the retrieval and transfer. On the day of our retrieval we had a huge snow storm and we were so worried about getting to the office. We arrived with great relief to find the staff was there and Dr. Sharara had spent the night in the office to ensure he would be ready for the retrieval. That's dedicated! The whole staff is great in helping throughout the process and answering questions as needed. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely cared about their patients. We can't wait to visit again and introduce our baby.

Submitted April 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sharara and his staff are priceless. My husband and I have suffered multiple miscarriages over the past 3 years, but through Dr. Sharara's dedication and determination, we are expecting twins and so far everything looks great. As a career woman myself, I especially appreciated how prompt everyone in the office was. If your appointment is at 8:00, you're out of there by 8:15. Dr. Sharara is a straight shooter and will tell you (fairly bluntly) how things are. Although a bit jarring at first, it's one of his traits I have grown to appreciate. Do not be turned off by the initial consultation! Listen to him and heed his advice. The man knows what he's doing! I will miss being able to see him and his staff on a weekly basis!

Submitted April 16, 2014 | flag

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sharara and his wonderful staff! We visited his clinic several years ago and have beautiful twins to show for it. We visited him again this past year and I am not pregnant again with our 3rd child. Dr. Sharara always made us feel special and like he cared about us personally and knew our case. We weren't just another number and chart that he had to look over again before coming into the room. He already knew. If anyone can help you achieve the family you want, it is Dr. Sharara and VCRMed. His nurses and staff are absolutely wonderful. Not only were they always there to help and there to answer questions, etc. but they also became our friends as well!! We can't thank everyone enough for how happy they have made us. We will truly miss getting to see everyone at VCRMed!!

Submitted Feb. 12, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sharara is the most compassionate physician that I have ever had as a patient. I rated his staff as a 5 in particular because I had a wonderful experience with his nurses. He is very punctual, and he always made me feel like a person that he cared about - never as just one more patient. By nature, seeing a fertility doctor is pretty depressing - at least for me it was in the beginning - but I ended up looking forward to my appointments. Dr. Sharara was so encouraging and professional throughout the fertility process. He went out of his way to take care of me and my husband. Examples include his calling us personally when my mother-in-law passed away, scheduling a D&C on his lunch break to help fit me in sooner rather than later, calling me personally to share important news, and just general remembering details about me and my husband. I honestly could not say enough good things about Dr. Sharara and his nurses (Jo and Melissa). We feel that we owe our twins to their love and care.

Submitted Jan. 28, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sharara runs an amazing practice. From the moment you arrive he makes the you feel informed and comfortable. He is honest and realistic and truly cares for his patients. You know when you arrive for an appointment or procedure that you will be seen on time and you will receive all the information that is needed to make you feel comfortable with what is happening. The support staff at this office is also amazing! Infertility is a very hard thing to tackle and this office makes it as pleasant as it can possibly be. At VCRMED you are treated as a person instead of a number or statistic which makes the ups and downs of the process so much easier. My husband and I were very lucky to be successful after our first cycle of IVF and have been released to our regular OBGYN. If we need help having our next baby we would go back to VCRMED in a flat second. I truly believe that this practice is the best of the best and honestly I would be saying that even before getting our amazing news.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2013 | flag

Me and my husband had been trying to conceive our first child for a year with no success. I did alot of research into clinics prior to choosing VCRM. I chose VCRM, despite it being 45 minutes from where I live, because I wanted a smaller practice where you get to see the same Dr. on a consistent basis, and because they had the highest success rates in the area for IVF. I could not have been happier with the choice I made. Dr. Sharara and his staff are amazing. Dr. Sharara is extremely thorough in the diagnostic testing he does, and will leave no stone unturned. Once all the testing is complete he will talk to you and your partner about the best course of action. After about 10 months under Dr. Sharara's care I am now 10 weeks pregnant from our first IVF attempt, which was a 5 day single embryo transfer. I truly trusted Dr. Sharara along every step of the process. We can't thank him or his wonderful and caring staff enough!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2013 | flag