Rate Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Ratings

Just one word about this doctor. The best one. As a doctor, as a person, as an RE. Really feel blessed to have known him and receive his treatment and advice. May God bless him always !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I am 5 months pregnant right now with a healthy baby girl thanks to Dr. Sharara and his staff! I cannot say enough good things about this place, I did a lot of research before I finally chose this place. I traveled all the way from Richmond, VA and I would do it again without thinking twice!! The infertility places in my area did not have as good of success rates nor did they make you feel comfortable, I saw many reviews saying how the Dr.'s made them cry. I knew I had to go else where because I had been through enough having 2 ectopic pregnancies resulting in the removal of both of my fallopian tubes, I did not need for anyone else to make me cry, I had done enough crying already! So, I chose VCFRM based on reviews and statistics of success rates. And I could not be happier with my choice. The only part I did not like was the awful drive from Richmond. The always greet you by your name when you walk through the door, and Dr. S and the nurse Jo, have a way to make you feel like you are special. Dr. S knows you and your case inside and out, he takes the time to get to know you and make you feel like a person not just another case. He is thorough with testing, which some people may not like, but I am glad he did because I would rather know everything ahead of time, instead of wasting time and money trying different procedures for nothing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I'm sitting here with my healthy 7 month old son thanks to Dr. Sharara. We live in DC but I drove out to Reston for the small size and personal attention of his office. It was worth it to have every member of the staff know you and care. I have PCOS but got pregnant on my first try with IVF, miscarried at 9 weeks but then conceived again on my first FET with embryos remaining from the first IVF and had my son. He did tell me to eat less sugar and carbs with the PCOS but honestly he was right, I was and most of us are eating too much sugar and carbs. Eating more protein and vegetables is just good for your health and I'm still doing it even months after my baby arrived because I feel better. I also think they have a top notch embryologist who got every single one of my eggs retrieved to fertilize and most to the 5 day stage, so that even after IVF and a fet we still have several frozen. And I'm in my mid to late 30s. Dr. Sharara is very knowledgable and kind, he may not spend hours explaining things but he is in top of everything so trust him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I owe Dr. Sharara and his staff more than I'll ever know how to repay. I was trying to get pregnant for about 4 years. I had done timed coitus with clomid, 3 IUI's, and 2 IVF's, which were all failures. I had been to 2 other well known clinics in the DC area. By the time I got to Dr. Sharara, I thought that I was unable to get pregnant and had very little hope. Dr. Sharara took the time to understand my history. He couldn't believe that I was unable to get pregnant because I'm young and healthy. He did multiple things that contributed to me having a successful IVF. He changed my diet and I was not able to eat sugar or carbs, which was extremely difficult, but I did it. He noticed and removed a septum in my uterus. He put me on blood thinners during my cycle and he started me on Metformin to control my PCOS (I had been on Metformin before during my IUI's). I am still in disbelief that I am pregnant. I have learned that the doctor matters. Dr. Sharara is the best. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Finding a Doctor’s office that offers the level of patient care that you will find at VCRMED is a rarity these days and they have certainly raised the bar for other offices. With every visit, I came to view the team at VCRMED as family and Dr. Sharara, Dr. Abdo, Melissa, Jo, Ellen, Trisha, and Cheryl championed my husband and I every step of the way and I always felt like I was their favorite patient. The office has a boutique feel and was warm and inviting. I was always seen on time and worked in promptly whenever I had an issue. Dr. Sharara is a very intelligent, decisive and charming person and I trusted his judgment throughout the entire process. His up-to-date knowledge and exacting attitude supported his attention to minor conditions that might otherwise be overlooked at another facility. My husband and I felt he and his team did everything that was scientifically possible to increase our odds of success and we are thrilled to be awaiting the arrival of our twins in August.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

“For this child I prayed & the Lord has granted me my petition…”1 Sam1:27 I’m currently expecting our 3rd child! It’s a miracle to be able to say this as we didn't even know if we could have 1, let alone 3! We have 2 healthy ones as a result of IVF & Dr S. What an unexpected journey it has been for my husband & I; we never thought infertility would affect us. Our referral to Dr S was an amazing blessing. We’re so blessed to have gotten pregnant on the 1st cycle, each try. God’s so good. Dr S is the only doctor I’ve ever had that I actually look forward to seeing each visit! I believe that God makes miracles happen; I sincerely believe He uses Dr S to help make miracles here on earth. We can’t imagine our lives without our precious 2 blessings. I’m so grateful that God brought us to Dr S. Life hasn’t been the same since! If you are struggling w/ infertility, I strongly encourage you to visit Dr S. Your life will likely change too! “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord” Ps127:3

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Dr. Sharara and his staff are amazing. They are truly the best! We first met with Dr. Sharara in December to discuss our options for getting pregnant and having a baby. He thoroughly answered many of our questions. After some preliminary testing, we officially started the IVF process in February. I had been worried about missing work due to the frequent appointments, but the whole process went by so easily and quickly. I ended up taking off only 2 days of work for the retrieval and transfer. On the day of our retrieval we had a huge snow storm and we were so worried about getting to the office. We arrived with great relief to find the staff was there and Dr. Sharara had spent the night in the office to ensure he would be ready for the retrieval. That's dedicated! The whole staff is great in helping throughout the process and answering questions as needed. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely cared about their patients. We can't wait to visit again and introduce our baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Sharara and his staff are priceless. My husband and I have suffered multiple miscarriages over the past 3 years, but through Dr. Sharara's dedication and determination, we are expecting twins and so far everything looks great. As a career woman myself, I especially appreciated how prompt everyone in the office was. If your appointment is at 8:00, you're out of there by 8:15. Dr. Sharara is a straight shooter and will tell you (fairly bluntly) how things are. Although a bit jarring at first, it's one of his traits I have grown to appreciate. Do not be turned off by the initial consultation! Listen to him and heed his advice. The man knows what he's doing! I will miss being able to see him and his staff on a weekly basis!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2458314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sharara and his wonderful staff! We visited his clinic several years ago and have beautiful twins to show for it. We visited him again this past year and I am not pregnant again with our 3rd child. Dr. Sharara always made us feel special and like he cared about us personally and knew our case. We weren't just another number and chart that he had to look over again before coming into the room. He already knew. If anyone can help you achieve the family you want, it is Dr. Sharara and VCRMed. His nurses and staff are absolutely wonderful. Not only were they always there to help and there to answer questions, etc. but they also became our friends as well!! We can't thank everyone enough for how happy they have made us. We will truly miss getting to see everyone at VCRMed!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949794].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2014

Dr. Sharara is the most compassionate physician that I have ever had as a patient. I rated his staff as a 5 in particular because I had a wonderful experience with his nurses. He is very punctual, and he always made me feel like a person that he cared about - never as just one more patient. By nature, seeing a fertility doctor is pretty depressing - at least for me it was in the beginning - but I ended up looking forward to my appointments. Dr. Sharara was so encouraging and professional throughout the fertility process. He went out of his way to take care of me and my husband. Examples include his calling us personally when my mother-in-law passed away, scheduling a D&C on his lunch break to help fit me in sooner rather than later, calling me personally to share important news, and just general remembering details about me and my husband. I honestly could not say enough good things about Dr. Sharara and his nurses (Jo and Melissa). We feel that we owe our twins to their love and care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1949795].votes_count ]]