You may also like

Rate Dr. Fady I. Sharara

Dr. Fady I. Sharara's Ratings

It is unfortunate that some who comment, do not fully understand that Dr. Sharara looks at his patients' whole health first, as it is all tied together when it comes to fertility. Dr. Sharara and his staff blew us away with their bedside manner and his expertise (and we had been to other fertility specialists). Until being under the care of this office, I thought it was no longer possible to find the utmost professionalism AND absolute care and compassion in one practice, and I felt this way PRIOR to our success! It was a bitter sweet the day I was released to my OBGYN, The staff all personally said good-bye, with hopes that we stay in touch. I attribute our success to not just Dr. Sharara's expertise, but also in the way we felt every time we walked in or out of their office. There is a lot to be said about feeling comfortable, cared for, and confident about the goal we were all collectively trying to reach, and did! Thank you to nurses Emily and Jo, and everyone in the front office/reception...for always being so courteous and patient throughout our journey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854913].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

I have deepest appreciation for the wonderful treatment and medical care showed by Dr. Fady Sharara and his team. It was fortunate that I happened to get my treatment done at VCMR and am very impressed at the level of professionalism exhibited by Dr. Sharara and the other staff and the tremendous standard of care that I received. I visited the doctor and within 3 months I got pregnant. My positive result is a credit to the doctor’s expertise and knowledge. I will truely recommend to others in need. The doctor’s approach and expertise is incredible. I would like to thank the doctor and entire team for their expertise and support. The front desk staff are also very friendly and kind. Thanks again to Dr. Sharara for the outstanding work and being unbelievably wonderful. I am looking forward to the similar kind of support at time of need. I would also like to thank nurse Joe who is an amazing person and makes you feel so much at comfort. She is one of the sweetest person that I have come across. THANK YOU nurse Joe for being incredibly wonderful.
- Anisha

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2848686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Hi,
Totally agree with the review below. He will start you on loads of vitamins even though they are not required. He will suggest you a procedure even though it does not apply to you. for example ISCI . Loads and loads of tests and sonograms for no reasons. Not the right practice that we were looking for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2845175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Sharara is far away from being the best and honest doctor. At the beginning everything was great. Lots of tests/diagnosis were done and some issues were found and later treated. But closer we were getting towards the actual IVF treatment, things started to take another turn.
1. Dr. Sharara will find “problems” in your partner that are not significant from IVF stand point but will convince you that medications and supplements are necessary. He actually said it himself that “We will find something, don’t worry”. After getting a second opinion, no significant morphological issues in my partner were detected to prevent IVF process from moving forward. We wasted money on supplements.
2. Milking insurance is the 1st and most common practice. You will come to the office many times for something that could have been done in 1 day. But because your visit will not be considered as a separate visit per treatment/testing, practice cannot bill your insurance as many times as they want.
3. This practice has a very sneaky way of slipping you a blood test consent form without telling you that it might be out of you network service and you should check with your insurance first (“Oh, it’s just a simple blood test”). You might be stuck with paying to the provider 1K+. Be careful and ask yourself if some genetic testing or any other blood work is absolutely necessary for your fertility needs. Please check if the lab is in your network.
4. Also, my partner and I were not able to get any fertility (IVF) related questions answered until we sign the contract. We did not like that there was no transparency in the whole process and felt like we were at the car dealership. We left and look for help elsewhere.
Knowing that fertility problem is hard to deal with you would at least expect for your doctor to be as honest and clear as possible. Very disappointed with this clinic and would not recommend going there.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2798568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

My OBG/YN referred me to Dr. Sharara and I did get pregnant because of his help within a year. I had two failed Clomid cycles with my OB and Dr. Sharara said that it wasn't worth pursuing a third Clomid try because we had to get my PCOS in check with diet and weight loss first. He put me on a huge dose of metformin and the south beach diet while we did some initial ruling-out type tests. The tests turned out to be too much for me, too painful, and I couldn't go through with them after the first one. I called to ask if he would prescribe a painkiller I could take before the procedures and the answer was no, so I just never went back. I still think he's worth a five star review because I just kept on the metformin and the diet and it worked after I lost about 25 pounds. I like that he's more willing to get to the root of the problem than to try a quick fix. His staff is so wonderful and kind, and always willing to help with paperwork and insurance things, even though fertility treatment was not covered by my insurance they still offered to try to submit for insurance under some creative methods. It didn't work but in this day and age it's so hard to find doctor's office staff willing to do anything for you, Dr. Sharara's staff is like a oasis of kindness. Just lovely women. He's also super professional at all times.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2762603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

This is long overdue! We first walked into Dr. Sharara's office in February 2014 and 13 months later we have perfect twin girls! After a miscarriage and an ectopic, my husband and I were not optimistic about our chances of ever starting a family. After becoming increasingly frustrated with the care from our providers, we decided to go in for a consult with Dr. Sharara and never looked back. We knew it would be expensive, as he was an out of network provider, but it was worth every penny! We had read reviews about people being turned off by his blunt manner, but we found him to be a straight shooter who did not sugar coat anything. His staff was amazing and we especially loved Nurse Jo, who was my nurse at every one of my appointments. If you are going through infertility struggles, I highly recommend you see Dr. Sharara. I cannot imagine there is a better endocrinologist anywhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760564].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Sharara made it happen for us. We struggled with infertility for about 10 years and had 6 failed IVF cycles before we consulted Dr. Sharara. The man is simply genius and tries getting into the root cause of the problem. He is not into infertility treatment business for making money. Let me give our example. We had almost given up before seeing him, as chances are very minimal if you have six failed cycles. Like our previous REs, he did not push into IVF. He said there were changes he would like to see before he even initiated cycle. My wife was put on carb restricted diet and was asked to shed her weight drastically. She lost 25 pounds in two months or so. PCOS needed to be taken care of before we initiated a cycle. We did not pay attention to her not having her periods as she used to have irregular cycles. After 2 months, my wife called Dr. Sharara's staffs and said she wanted to start a cycle, but was not having her periods. The staff on the phone advised her to take home pregnancy test and call back the next day. We were pleasantly surprised to find we were pregnant. Dr. Sharara called it a miracle, but the miracle for us would not have happened if it was not for Dr. Sharara. For all those that are struggling like we did, Dr. Sharara is the man that you need to see. He makes dream come true.

Thank you Dr. Sharara.

Best regards,
SDD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2750036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

This review is well over due, as I was a patient of Dr. Sharara's in 2012. My husband and I, in our late 30s had been trying for about 3 years for our first child and upon moving to Virginia I went to see Dr. Sharara. He is extremely knowledgable and experienced. He is also so warm and personable, you never feel like "patient # X" in his office. Moreover, he performs all the exams himself so you see him each time you go to the office. His staff is stellar, very helpful, compassionate and interested in your well being. Dr. Sharara believes in holistic treatment and will give you advise on diet and exercise as it relates to fertility. He knows his stuff! I suffer from ovarian cysts and irregular ovulation. He put me on low carb diet, prescribed both non-prescription supplements and a prescription medication. 3 months later I was pregnant with my son who is now a thriving 18 month old. We have since relocated to another state, but if you are in the DC area, I would advise you to see Dr. Sharara. Why settle for anything less?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

I'm very grateful to God for making dr sharara as my doc..he is outstanding, very experienced and knowledgeable. After 6 failed ivfs and a miscarriage, i had very little hope left, But after meeting dr sharara i gained confidence to try again. He is a very positive person..he treats his patients as patients not as customers. Bcoz of his treatment i have a baby girl.I will b thankfull to him all my life. They have gud staff too, especially nurse joe She is very warm n mother like.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734132].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

Dr. Sharara is great. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes for an appointment, and I always saw the doctor at every appointment- most other places you just see a nurse for monitoring appointments. He was very knowledgeable and direct with everything. He can be a little arrogant and particular, but that's because he really is the best at what he does. Plus he helped make my dream come true.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729089].votes_count ]]