Rate Dr. Thomas A. Ciulla

Dr. Thomas A. Ciulla's Ratings

I am so grateful for the fine surgery and treatment by Dr. Ciulla and his staff. He repaired the hole in the macula of my right eye and I have central vision again. I can read again. What a miracle. At 75 reading is so important to me. Thank you. Thank you.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ciulla and his staff are very professional, knowledgeable and kind. My mother thinks the world of all of them.

Submitted April 14, 2014 | flag

I seen Dr. Ciulla in early January 2014 with a diagnoses of having a detached retina. After surgery the sight in my eye is better than what it was before. He reattached the retina and cleaned up some scare tissue left from an earlier cataract surgery. His staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with all my questions that I and my family had.

Submitted April 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ciulla and his staff are great. I took my father to see Dr. Ciulla appox. 10 - 12 years ago and he corrected my dads eye sight from past surgeries gone wrong. Then my father was diagnoised with diebeties and had bleeding behind the eyes , he could not see at all until Dr. Ciulla corrected that as well and my dad never had problems after that. My mother had cataract surgery December 2012 at an office in in our home town. My mothers surgery was not a succsess, she was considered blind. She could see outlines and couldn't judge where things wereon her plate . Along with Dr. Ciulla and Dr. Dietch being honest and each of them having to work together my mother can now see . Her eyesight is now good enough to drive if she wanted to . Dr. Ciulla I would refer to anyone , as for his staff they are very polite and friendly we never have had a bad experience. Yes the wait is long at times and you may spend 2 -3 hours at the office. But I would rather wait for a professional.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

I want to take the time to let others know how professional the staff and dr are. They worked me on the Fri. Labor Day weekend with an emergency detached left retina. Surgery was the same day at 6pm. He saw me Sat. for follow up and told me it looked good considering I could see nothing on Fri. Monday 12/3 he released me with 20/20 with my same glasses. We are back where I was vision wise and he didn't think I would be. I understand needing to wait sometimes because people had to wait when they made my first appointment because it was an emergency and I know when I went to him there were people who had the same emergency that I had 3 months ago. I feel a great caring dr. can't turn down people in need. I thank them staff and dr. For all the caring from the office to the surgery staff. I thank God that I was sent there. If anyone ever need eye care they would be the Dr I would refer them to.

Submitted Dec. 4, 2013 | flag

Excellent Dr wonderful human!! Did after hours surgery met me for follow up on a Saturday at his closed office on his time. I gave up on recovering my vision he kept me in the fight and have full vision back He changed my life in ways that cannot be explained in this space Staff was excellent handled FMLA and short term disability and insurance claims flawlessly. Wife and I were very lucky to have been referred to one of the most respected specialists in the country. Thank you Dr Ciulla

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

I have nothing but the highest regard for Dr. Ciulla. My mother has been a patient for the past 10 years. Our very first meeting was an emergency situation about which her attending physician had phoned Dr. Ciulla. In fact, Dr Ciulla stayed well after the time he was supposed to leave the office to do all he could for my mother before he left.Not long after, he moved to Midwest where he has been treating her since. In our opinion, Dr. Cuilla's tenacity saved the sight in my Mother's eye.

Submitted April 29, 2013 | flag

I AM SO GRATEFUL TO DOC.CIULLA AND HIS STAFF. THE REPAIRED RETINA IS RECOVERING WONDERFULLY, THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS POLITE,EDUCATIONAL,YET PROFESSIONAL. I'M PLEASED THAT SUCH COMPETENT PERSONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE HEALTH SYSTEM. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART. ANDREW T. SHORT P.S. THE 24/7 PHONE LINE IS HELPFUL AND COMFORTING.

Submitted March 12, 2013 | flag

The wait was long sometimes, but the wait was worth it. I was referred to Dr. Cuilla from my eye doctor in Terre Haute due to a tear in the retina of the left eye. Dr. Cuilla also found a tear in the right eye that had repaired itself. Laser surgery to "tack weld" the retina into place on both eyes and a gas bubble in the left eye to keep the tear closed, worked. I wear the same glasses I wore before surgery and have 20/20 vision with them. No floaters, and no pain (ever). I had this surgery the day before Thanksgiving 2012 and Dr. Cuilla opened the office on Thanksgiving day for followup after the surgery. Wow, how many other doctors would do that.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

In 2001 at age 21, I was referred to Dr. Ciulla for a detached retina in my left eye. I had surgery the next day to fix it and regained some of my sight back. Over the past 12 years as his patient, he has been extremely helpful. In 2011, due to his dilliegence and willingness to address my worsening vision, I had an Electroretinograph done. This proved to show that I had Retinitis Pigmentosa. Dr. Ciulla has been supportive as I transition into vision loss, getting me set up with low vision doctors and Vocational Rehab. While the wait has always been a pain, the service more than makes up for it and I thank him for retaining the vision that I have left at age 30.

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag