Dr. Mark S. Myerson

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 33 reviews. Dr. Mark S. Myerson has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5488743
21/05/14 5 5 5 5 When you want the Best in Foot and Ankle Reconstruction, Dr. Mark Myerson is the doctor you want. He is world renowned and lives up to his reputation. He is through, and explains everything to my wife and myself. I had other opinions and he was spot on with his diagnose. He replaced my Ankle and I am recovering as expected. I would recommend him to anyone who has foot and or ankle problems.
RID: 4293004
26/01/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson is a fantastic doctor! I have been suffering with Plantar Fasiciitis for over 3 and a half years. I went to 7 top doctors in NY and still no relief. Dr. Myerson knew the issue and performed a gastrocnemius recession, that cured my pain. He is a wonderful doctor, very caring and does only what's best for his patients. Going to him from NY was the best thing I ever did.  Respond
RID: 3578377
23/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson is a special surgeon with a gift. I was on a waiting list for a complete ankle allograft with a different surgeon locally, with my only other option being fusion. At 37 yo and very active I was leery of both paths so I sent my films to Dr. Myerson. He called me THE SAME DAY he got my info. He described to me all the problems in my joint and how he was going to fix it. Two months later I flew to Baltimore. The level of care, his ability to explain the very complicated surgery and his compassion are different than any previous medical experience. He performed a plafond plasty, calcaneal osteotomy, metatarsal osteotomy and repaired several ligaments/tendons. I am now 6 months post op. I have no pain during everyday activities, I am getting stronger and more stable on my joint. My physical therapist said if everyone looked like I did after major surgery, there would be a lot less physical therapists. I am very glad I did the research and flew to Baltimore.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark S."
RID: 2702118
06/07/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson along with his staff are superior. Dr. Myerson is a miracle worker. I had pain since my initial orthopaedic surgery back in 2008 by someone in Bethesda, MD. I always complained about the pain, but the surgeon did nothing. I was given Dr. Myerson's name - it took 3 months before I saw him, but after the initial appt. he told me exactly what was wrong - my heel is not aligned with my foot. Within a week I had surgery and 12 weeks later, I am pain free and started enjoying life. Dr. Myerson is truly a surgeon with a calling. I am so grateful to him. I would recommend Dr. Myerson to anyone who wants a normal life after any type of problem with foot or ankle surgery. He is the only doctor for me.
RID: 2405191
19/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson was the first Dr. in 6 years that was able to figure out what was wrong with my foot, and he did it within 3 minutes of looking at X ray. Very impressed with his knowledge, and very kind.
RID: 1719102
21/02/12 5 5 5 5 I had ankle replacement surgery 5 months ago by Dr.Myerson. He was professional, yet friendly & so caring. He didn't rush me as I asked questions. He was reassuring & made me feel so at ease. Even the Physical Therapist were impressed at how prompt his staff was in responding to their comunication about my progress. I am so grateful that Dr.Myerson was my surgeon. Truly this is a gifted surgeon.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1561014
14/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Myerson is a phenomenal surgeon! He restored my ankle so that I can enjoy my normal activities without pain-after 7 years of increasing difficulty. He is very caring, knowledgeable, and a true perfectionist with his surgery. I will be forever grateful for his superb work that will keep me moving! His staff, also, is woderful and it is most unusual to find an entire department that has such a friendly and caring attitude. I have recommended him to several of my friends and acquaintances who have ankle/foot problems.
RID: 1434004
05/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Myerson performed Total Ankle Replacement and got me from being on the verge of not walking back to where I can do.most any activity I used to do except high impact. I have recommended Dr Myerson to number of friends and people who I played sports with as I think he is tops in his field.  Respond
RID: 1373439
26/02/11 2 1 1 1 Several years ago, Dr. Myerson performed reconstructive foot bunionectomy surgery on my wife. A staf infection resulted. The doctor went on vacation and for four days would not authorize his assistant to perform the surgery necessary to remove the infected tissue. By the time it was done, it was too late. The infection had gone into the bones. The next time we saw Dr. Myerson, he ignored us and talked about the foot to the medical students trailing him as if it was a specimen. Several more operations by a different foot doctor were necessary after that, including rebuilding the big toe with cadaver bone. My wife has had difficulty walking, as well as much pain, ever since. Dr. Myerson destroyed the quality of much of her physical well being through his actions. He may get a good ratings, but anyone using him for foot surgery is taking a huge risk.
Insurance: MAMSI
RID: 1314446
14/12/10 5 5 5 5 I came to Dr. Myerson because of a faulty implant that I received 10 years ago. Dr. Myerson was extremely professional and showed concern about my situation. He is personable and extremely knowledgeable. He was able to correct my implant along with improving my walk. The overall procedure was a great success which I have been able to walk almost normal. He left minimal scaring and no infection compared to my previous surgery. He and his team of doctors were very accommodating and extremely professional. I strongly recommend Dr. Myerson to all those I come in contact with. He is a great example of doctors who are in the profession because they still care about their patients and improving healthcare.  Respond
RID: 1304455
30/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson was knowledgeable and presented all options of treatment. He was very approachable and listened to my questions and concerns. My surgery went great.
RID: 1297217
19/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mark Myerson is a very professional and knowledgeable physician who is also very caring and an excellent doctor who solved my problem and got me back up on my feet again. I highly recommend Dr. Myerson for any foot or ankle problems. The staff is also excellent and solves problems quickly.
RID: 1279037
25/10/10 5 5 5 5 There is none better. Another doctor made a mess out of my foot-three surgeries later Dr. Myerson fixed it as best as he could. I can put some shoes back on. I have complete faith and trust in Dr. Myerson and his staff-helpful, knowledgeable, polite and never left me with unanswered questions. Dr. Myerson treats you like person not a number and was always reassuring. They are all worth the travel
Paid (or co-pay): $525
RID: 1271604
14/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson's excellent reputation does not begin to describe how great of a surgeon & humanitarian he actually is! I will always be grateful that he was my surgeon and will always recommend him to anyone that requires medical attention on their foot or ankle. Simply put, he is without an equal and is top in his field of expertise for a reason.
RID: 1262325
30/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson is a perfectionist; extremely knowledgeable in his field, and he gives his paitents the best treatment possible.
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 1249311
13/09/10 5 5 5 5 excellent surgeon who fixed my ankle after 2 other orthopedic surgeons did not.I highly recommend Dr.Myerson to anyone with ankle problems.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 1219779
01/08/10 5 5 5 5 it's been one year since my surgery.before i contemplated amputation.My life was so consumed by the injury that I didn’t have the time for anything else in my life:I had my first mammogram, got a diagnosis of carpel tunnel,problem in my neck, as time is going by my arms & hands are not tingling as much so I wonder if it wasn’t b/c couldn't walk correctly causing my neck to go out of alignment;going to the mall w/my daughter i couldn't keep up b/c of the pain and the way i walked; 2 weeks ago she told ME to slow down. My physical size is smaller,without exercise, got diagnosed with ADHD, which has also improved my life,my overall personality is better b/c I don't have to deal with the pain &depression. It goes far beyond a foot surgery.It is a complete quality of life change.Hershey Med Ctr told me I could never have an ankle replacement. Dr. Myerson has done the impossible. I can not begin to express how grateful to Dr Myerson for giving me my life back. only 1000 char allowed
RID: 1216420
27/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Myerson gave me back my life when he replaced my ankle! He is approachable, incredibly knowledgable, non arrogant and is not a cookie cutter surgeon. He will find a way to fix it not just put a band aid on it. I would absolutely recommend him and am thankful I found him. His staff a great too!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1211483
20/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson performed magic on my foot. He and is staff are exceptional and outstanding. I now has a completely reconstructed foot - beautiful - I can walk again. I am ever so grateful to Dr. Myerson - Best Surgeon in the world. I would highly recommend him to any one with foot and ankle problems.
RID: 1194701
22/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Myerson is an exceptional surgeon.I would highly recommend him to other patients.He properly repaired a non union foot fracture that was not successfully treated by a local surgeon
RID: 1194088
22/06/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson is a great doctor and I would refer him to anyone who has foot issues. He has given me hope that I can walk normally again.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1157265
26/04/10 5 5 5 5 I have had end-stage osteoarthritis in my ankle for years (former triathlete). Dr. Myerson’s success in salvaging my ankle (over fusion) is by now legendary, at least within his office. In September 2009 he spent hours longer than anticipated in the operating room successfully replacing my ankle. One of the other attending surgeons told me afterward that Dr. Myerson was likely the only doctor in the world who could have successfully pulled off the replacement, overcoming the complications encountered during surgery. This same doctor looked me straight in the eye and said he would never forget this operation for the rest of his life. I am walking today on a fully functioning ankle (instead of a fused ankle) because Dr. Myerson had the skill and determination to do everything possible for me. Obviously everyone’s situation is unique, but for me this surgeon has my unwavering gratitude and respect for his efforts, which went above and beyond where others could go.
RID: 1089002
26/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Myerson is MAGIC!!!! He and his staff are outstandin with the exception of Dr. Sadr (I believe) I needed more antibiotics over a wekend and he never returned calls for 2 days and when he did he refused the antibiotics. Myerson whoeveris the epitome of what you want in a doc and surgeon especially. I have sent two other patients to him since my work and they have been more than satisfied as well.
Insurance: Kaiser-Permanente
RID: 1059630
17/12/09 5 4 5 5 Had severe arthritis in my ankle w/ no movement in the joint. Local (to me) doctor wanted to do a fusion, only thing she offered. Dr. M. gave me several options. Went with the replacement. He did a fantastic job. Couldn't be happier. In less than five months I was hiking in Yosemite. Should have had this done years ago.
RID: 1033364
13/11/09 5 5 5 5 DR. MYERSON AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST..I WOULD RECOMEND THEM TO ANYONE WHO HAS FOOT AND ANKLE PROBLEMS....
RID: 1029342
09/11/09 5 5 5 5 I had 3 previous surgeries with another doctor on the same foot for the same problem and went to Dr. Myerson for repair work. He was well read and knew immediately what was wrong with me. After an unremarkable surgery, I am happy to say that I'm healing well and hope to be 100% very soon. He was considerate and appropriately sympathetic to my pain and discomfort and never made me feel like I was making things sound worse than it truly was. I would refer anyone to this wonderful and caring doctor.
RID: 968405
20/08/09 5 5 5 5 Doctor is the best and a world-renowned pioneer in foot and ankle reconstruction. Gave me an arch for the first time in my life. Most people who have PTTD reconstructive surgery are still flat footed after the surgery. I, on the other hand, have an impressive arch. Doctor also is conservative and resorts to surgery after all else has failed.
RID: 906554
06/06/09 5 5 5 5 This man is an extraordinary doctor and has changed my life for the better. In February 09, I had a chevron osteotomy on the first metatarsal bone in my right foot and a bunionectomy. I was very nervous about this operation as many women I know have had their bunions removed with an extremely painful and unsatisfactory recovery period. I had hardly any pain, zero complications and my foot looks and feels terrific. I would refer any of my friends to Dr Myerson and have recently done so to much praise. I think it's easy for others to be extra critical of a doctor as most people are never satisfied and just like to complain - so please take my advice and trust this excellent surgeon as being overly qualified and extremely well versed in his field and his diagnosis. There is a reason he is world reknowned and athletes continually seek him out. He IS the best.
See Responses
RID: 750646
28/12/08 1 1 1 1 Don,t ever, ever ever let this man talk you in to a operation unless you want to live in pain the rest of your life. He should be thrown out of the Medical field.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 680088
06/09/08 3 1 1 3 Don't walk...RUN away! If you see him you may never run or walk again, like me. Dr. Myerson did irreparable damage to me in surgery. I now live with daily pain. He wasn't even apologetic about changing my life forever. I highly doubt he's even given me a second though even though I deal the the pain he's induced every day and will for the rest of my life. Shame on him.
See Responses
RID: 599862
27/05/08 5 5 5 5 Everything was topnotch. The physicians assisting Dr.Myerson are learning from the best. He didn't recommend surgery first although he said the surgery would have a relatively easy recovery. Instead he suggested trying orthotics.The person preparing the orthotics used computer technology to study my gait and plantar pressure points to make sure my weight is transferred properly while walking. I was impressed with staff friendliness, preparation, and professionalism. Thanks.
RID: 504253
04/02/08 4 3 5 5 Great doctor. A podiatrist botched a joint replacement in my big toe and afterwards I had severe pain with every step. Dr. Myerson ended up performing a fusion to fix my toe and I have been pain free for over 5 years. He was extremely knowledgable and I wish that I went to him first!
RID: 54820
06/11/06 5 5 5 Fantastic Foot and Ankle man with a team of fellows and specialists that have pioneered foot reconstruction. My wife had triple surgery to repair her tibial tendon and she is doing very well
* - Rating left by a registered user