Rate Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon

Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon's Ratings

gonna find me another pain doc. ths guy aint it. Be careful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

Spends only 5 to 10 minutes with patients. Staff is very rude and unprofessional. Would not recommend going here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2559325].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2014

An exceptional compassionate neurologist
Highly competent and ethical. A rare human being among us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Appointment at 11 and out by 3:30. Dr. Only spent 10 minutes with me as a new patient. Kept asking me questions and then cut me off before I could answer. Horrible experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2538663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

My husband was a patient for 2 visits. On the second visit, we were in one examination room and he was in the adjoining room on his cell phone when he began making disparaging remarks about Muslims. My husband is a Muslim and confronted him about this. We stated that we would not be returning. When he wrote the progress note back to my husband's primary care physician, he said that he was discontinuing treatment with my husband because my husband wanted to dictate what medications he should be prescribed. Not only was this a blatent lie, but it appeared designed to cover up his own mistakes/failures and place blame on my husband for overhearing his racism.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2200189].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2014

amazing and caring humanitarian physician who has the impossible task of ferreting out drug seekers and doctor shoppers. He is kind and compassionate and was the first to actually order testing that found my problem not to be fibromyalgia as others had written me off with but in fact MS!! I have been seeing him regularly for 4 years now and my disease is under control.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2200190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

This is the worst neurologist I have ever seen. After 2 visits I still have not been examined. (I have an neurological disorder, I don't see him for pain management.) In total he spent less than 10 minutes with me. His staff is rude. I gave them everything they needed to retrieve my records and after 4+ weeks they haven't sent out the requests. He refuses to do anything until he has my records, but wants me to keep coming in and paying. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Especially since it's his staff that is dropping the ball. Don't go here if you value your time and money, or if you want actual treatment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][136672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2013

ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE WITH A DOCTOR!!! Dr. Ungar literally walked in the room looked at some notes and asked me why I thought I was in so much pain and why my PCP referred me to him for pain if I did not want to be on narcotics! (narcotics make me sick to my stomach). He then insinuated that since I did not want to be prescribed narcotics I must have had a past drug problem? HOW DARE HE!!! This was after about 1 minute of meeting me. I think after that I just sat there in shock thinking did he just say what I think he did? NO EXAMINATION AT ALL!!! After I said I was off work now due to chronic pain and suffering a recent tragic loss (I have worked 32 years straight up till now) He cut me off and then said he was just going to give me a muscle relaxer and I should have some test but not to waste my money, get on medicaid. Still shocked, I walked out like a zombie, paid my fee and the receptionist gave me a date to reschedule. Would not go back if you paid me!!! NO HELP!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][136674].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

I wentt on a referal from my family Dr.He.barley shook my hand or made eye contact.He told me on 1st.visit.The DEA busted him in1984 & accused him of selling scripts on the street.Which he said“was rubish"&ruined his career at Harvard!Dorsn't exactly make u feel comfortable the 1st time u meet a new Dr.then cut my med.I have been on many yrs.wrote a dose they do not manufacter which he should have known theThe nor the pharmisist informed me.Just tried 2 pass it off as if I didn.t deserve 2 be informed!I went bk. In 2wks 4 tests.He wasnt even there!He knew or shouldv'e known someone on Morphine will be very sick &in more pain.without it.He had the office tellme to come bk.in 4 days 150miles round trip.I'm a Christian woman so.I will not harbor any ill will.I just feel very uncomfortable around him. Not a good presedent to set.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][136673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

No help =feel I went went thru unneeded procedures - him stating let's start with the least invasive -

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][136671].votes_count ]]