Rate Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon

Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon's Ratings

Appointment at 11 and out by 3:30. Dr. Only spent 10 minutes with me as a new patient. Kept asking me questions and then cut me off before I could answer. Horrible experience.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

My husband was a patient for 2 visits. On the second visit, we were in one examination room and he was in the adjoining room on his cell phone when he began making disparaging remarks about Muslims. My husband is a Muslim and confronted him about this. We stated that we would not be returning. When he wrote the progress note back to my husband's primary care physician, he said that he was discontinuing treatment with my husband because my husband wanted to dictate what medications he should be prescribed. Not only was this a blatent lie, but it appeared designed to cover up his own mistakes/failures and place blame on my husband for overhearing his racism.

Submitted July 13, 2014 | flag

amazing and caring humanitarian physician who has the impossible task of ferreting out drug seekers and doctor shoppers. He is kind and compassionate and was the first to actually order testing that found my problem not to be fibromyalgia as others had written me off with but in fact MS!! I have been seeing him regularly for 4 years now and my disease is under control.

Submitted April 18, 2014 | flag

This is the worst neurologist I have ever seen. After 2 visits I still have not been examined. (I have an neurological disorder, I don't see him for pain management.) In total he spent less than 10 minutes with me. His staff is rude. I gave them everything they needed to retrieve my records and after 4+ weeks they haven't sent out the requests. He refuses to do anything until he has my records, but wants me to keep coming in and paying. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Especially since it's his staff that is dropping the ball. Don't go here if you value your time and money, or if you want actual treatment.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2013 | flag

ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE WITH A DOCTOR!!! Dr. Ungar literally walked in the room looked at some notes and asked me why I thought I was in so much pain and why my PCP referred me to him for pain if I did not want to be on narcotics! (narcotics make me sick to my stomach). He then insinuated that since I did not want to be prescribed narcotics I must have had a past drug problem? HOW DARE HE!!! This was after about 1 minute of meeting me. I think after that I just sat there in shock thinking did he just say what I think he did? NO EXAMINATION AT ALL!!! After I said I was off work now due to chronic pain and suffering a recent tragic loss (I have worked 32 years straight up till now) He cut me off and then said he was just going to give me a muscle relaxer and I should have some test but not to waste my money, get on medicaid. Still shocked, I walked out like a zombie, paid my fee and the receptionist gave me a date to reschedule. Would not go back if you paid me!!! NO HELP!!!

Submitted Aug. 13, 2013 | flag

I wentt on a referal from my family Dr.He.barley shook my hand or made eye contact.He told me on 1st.visit.The DEA busted him in1984 & accused him of selling scripts on the street.Which he said“was rubish"&ruined his career at Harvard!Dorsn't exactly make u feel comfortable the 1st time u meet a new Dr.then cut my med.I have been on many yrs.wrote a dose they do not manufacter which he should have known theThe nor the pharmisist informed me.Just tried 2 pass it off as if I didn.t deserve 2 be informed!I went bk. In 2wks 4 tests.He wasnt even there!He knew or shouldv'e known someone on Morphine will be very sick &in more pain.without it.He had the office tellme to come bk.in 4 days 150miles round trip.I'm a Christian woman so.I will not harbor any ill will.I just feel very uncomfortable around him. Not a good presedent to set.

Submitted May 3, 2013 | flag

No help =feel I went went thru unneeded procedures - him stating let's start with the least invasive -

Submitted Jan. 31, 2013 | flag

Let's face it. We all expect our Neurologist to be well educated. It has been my experience (having an illness for some time that requires me to see a Neurologist quite often I have seen two others) for some reason although well educated, none of them seemed to really "care". Where others fail Dr. Ungar-Sargon picks up the pieces. He has been my doctor for over three years. Finally! One that truly cares! And more versed in my illness than my previous doctors! See him.. you will find this to be true no matter what the nature of your visit. I do not live close to any of his locations - but I will always travel to wherever his practice is located. Blessed to have found him.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2012 | flag

great physician with diagnostic acumen where others failed.great compassion where others cared only about the dollar.

Submitted May 10, 2012 | flag

great MD compassionae physician not interested in my money

Submitted Feb. 14, 2012 | flag