Rate Dr. Maryam Aroichane

Dr. Maryam Aroichane's Ratings

because of this Dr our sons eyesight has gotten better. even though our original eye doctor said his lazy eye would never get better. a wait is well worth seeing your child improve.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

Top notch, knows her stuff, extremely conscientious and skilled. She saw our daughter at Childrens and at her Burnaby office. Staff at both clinics are excellent. Our daughter has healed from her serious eye injury, thankfully due to the skill, knowledge and care of Dr. Aroichane and her colleagues at Childrens'. Our daughter loves Dr. Aroichane and keeps asking when we get to go back to see her :)
We did have to wait a bit in her clinic, but the wait is worth it and nothing out of the ordinary for any specialists I have seen in the past.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr Aroichane is awesome. Yes it is true that you can expect to wait. Seems like 15 to 30 minutes is normal for this office. I believe the wait is worth it, since she is very skilled.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2200222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Each time my daughter has been to Dr.Aroichane we have had to wait at least an hour. Although I think she is knowledgeable, I think she needs to start booking her appointments differently. She obviously spends a lot of time with each patient (a good thing!) but this means that her other appointments always run late. I found her informative but her bedside manner was not the best. My daughter was actually kind of scared of her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2200223].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

I arrived at the appointment time with my 2 year old son but had to wait for nearly 2 hours. There were not even enough chairs to sit and wait. Upon inquiry, the receptionist casually mentioned that wait times are usually this long. I was hoping to hear that it was an exception and that for whatever reason the doctor was running behind. But no. In her defense she further added that on the appointment confirmation letter we send out to your family doctor we mention in it that wait times are 2 hours! I wonder if it is okay/ ethical for doctors to make their patients wait this long. No apologize or explanation whatsoever! The doctor on the other hand first apologized for LONG wait. I also complaint to the doctor about the wait time and she told me it was an exception as she had a disabled patient. Doctor was polite. However, by this time my 2 year old son was extremely cranky and did not like to be examined. In the end I took a day off from work and it went to waste.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][136994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2014

My son was referred to Dr. Aroichane after us having a very bad experience with another peds. opthamologist, My son has a very complicated case the first time we saw her she was quite overwhelmed by all the info I gave her but after that she was amazing. she explains everything is great with my special needs son and LISTENS to me which is so very important

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][136993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

we just love her she is kind,informative,has a knack with kids.my daughter always feels at ease with her! I would recomend her to anyone that would listen.also hands down Natalie in her BC Childrens office is just fantastic too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][136992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I've never had to wait for this doctor, and really feel she understood what was happening and why.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][136991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2013

Horrible Bedside Manners, always feel rushed and rude when asking questions for clarification.Not understanding and sympathetic.Wait times are very long and appointments feel very rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][136990].votes_count ]]