Dr. Zaki Shullaih

Rate Dr. Zaki Shullaih

Dr. Zaki Shullaih's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Shullaih 5 years ago and he saved my life. I had been struggling with depression and anxiety for years and have be treated with meds from my family doctor, went to counselling , saw a phycologist and nothing worked for me. The first time I walked in to Dr. Shullaih's office I felt comfortable and safe. I knew from that first meeting that this was exactly what I needed and he didn't let me down . He took me from that black hole of depression to a point where I can enjoy my life. He takes the time to listen, he's in no hurry to write a prescription and get you out the door. He is so kind, compassionate and caring. I have been through a number of struggles over the past five years and he has been my number one cheerleader and stood by me thru it all. Always professional and ready to greet his next patient with a smile. Cape Breton's mental health community is so lucky to have a Doctor that is truly committed to his patients as that is not always the case. Dr. Shullaih continues to treat me for my anxiety and depression and my future looks brighter because of him and his continued counselling. Please let's keep him here to do the good work for our mental health community that he was born to do!

Submitted Sept. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Shullaih is the best psychiatrist on the Island. No doubt about it. My husband and I have suffered from severe anxiety and depression for years and Dr. S is the only one who truly understands our individual situations and 'reads' us well. We have been to other psychiatrists who don't really listen, empathize or care. Some are just pill pushers! Dr. S cares and gets to the root of the problem. I don't know what we'll do if we lose him. Suicide is not an option but is something that a lot of his patients are dealing with. He has saved many lives! Please save his practice!!! The CBRM has no idea what the loss of this Dr. will do to his patients. Please keep Dr. Shullaih HERE where he is truly needed. Thank you.

Submitted Sept. 12, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Shullaih since my prior psychiatrist left Sydney. My first visit I was quite nervous, but after being with him for fifteen minutes, I was very comfortable. He is very soft spoken but always listens to what I have to say no matter how upset I am. He seems to know just by listening, exactly what I am trying to get out. He then explains what I am going through and then we talk about how to deal with my situation. I am on medications but he is in the process of weaning me off some of them. Dr. Shullaih has saved my life a number of times, from trying to commit suicide to being so depressed that I did nothing in my life but live in a corner of my house and cry all day. Dr. Shullaih was always there.
He cares deeply about his patients (of which there are many) and how they are getting along each day until he sees them again. To lose such a caring, excellent doctor would be a terrible loss to this city. There are many others much less qualified or who have the ability to do for patients what Dr. Shullaih does for his. Although I still see him, I can actually say that the improvements in my life since having him help me are amazing.
Please, this city needs Dr. Shullaih!!!!!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Shullaih is the best. I have seen other psychiatrists before but never got the satisfaction from them that I do from Dr. Shullaih. He listens to me when I talk to him and he always knows the right things to say. He knows what is bothering me just by asking me a few questions. He is truly an amazing Psychiatrist. He cares how I feel and gives me advice on how I can help myself feel better without giving me more medication. Sydney needs Dr. Shullaih to stay.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Shullaih's ever since he began his practice in Sydney over 5 years ago . Being diagnosed with manic depression, adhd, etc...I relyon Dr Shullaih to help me keep my head above the water for all these years without fail . His wisdom , calm talking techniques , and knowledge of the many medications out there helped me to stay alive all these years . As of 2 years ago I moved to Halifax where I now reside and travel frequently back and forth 5 hours just to see Dr Shullaih for counselling and medication adjustments (if needed) due to the fact that I have had no luck with any other psychiatrist who helps me mentally the way he has all of these years. I really don't know what will happen to me if he ever left Nova Scotia . My anxiety and depression would probably see me in my house for many many months if it wasn't for this man and his guidance he has given me throughout all of these years . My life hasn't been an easy one , and it would be a lot harder to handle if I didn't have the type of counselling and medication monitoring I get from Dr. Shullaih today . He is one of a kind and I am truly blessed to have him in my life . I would not be able to continue a semi normal life of being outside of my apartment if he was to ever part from my world .

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Shullaih is an excellent psychiatrist and is kind, caring, and compassionate. He is the consummate professional but he is so easy to talk to - it feels like you are talking to a friend. He is also an excellent listener. I look forward to my appointments with Dr. Shullaih because I feel so much better after I have talked with him. He has helped me immensely with my depression and social anxiety. This man is not about prescribing meds willy nilly - he wants to get to the bottom of your problems and together we made a plan/schedule to reduce the amount of medication I am taking but also reassuring me that this was only a plan and not written in stone (if I needed meds I would have them). He also suspected (from listening to my symptoms) that I had sleep apnea. He referred me for testing and I tested positive for this disease. I can't thank Dr. Shulllaih enough because I am now getting treatment for sleep apnea which can be a life-threating disease if it is not detected. Dr. Shullaih has helped me understand my illness (he uses analogies to make things clearer for me). Dr. Shulllaih cares about my mental health and overall physical well being. Mental health is very much on the forefront right now with the emphasis being on helping people with mental health issues, so I find it very hard to accept that they are contemplating taking away the most valuable resource I have in fighting my battle with mental health issues. We are not just an MSI number to Dr. Shullaih - he cares deeply about his patients well being. Wake up bureaucrats and deliver on your promise of providing the best health care possible to the people of Nova Scotia. Stop number crunching and let the welfare of Nova Scotians come first ( the numbers say 12 psychiatrists are sufficient to treat mental health in the CBDHA; if this is true, why is there such a long wait time to see a psychiatrist and why are they overloaded with work?

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

This psychiatrist knows his patients, he is very kind and empathetic He has been excetional at reading and understanding me. Since his arrival he has helped me overcome addiction, re-education and career change, marriage, and the birth of my children. I consider him a friend albeit professional at all times. He takes the time to consider my thoughts and feelings, not just the symptoms I experience from my social anxiety and depression. He is not just a psychiatrist but often a life coach helping me see all that is good and true. I've been tremendously lucky to have his support.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

Dr. Shullaih has helped me immensely with my depression and social anxiety. Through

Dr. Shullaih

Dr. Shullaih is a wonderful doctor who is compassionate, kind, empathetic, and caring. He has helped me immensely with my depression and social anxiety. I look forward to my appointments with him because I feel so good after I talk w

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

I have been going to Dr Shullaih for 3 years .I was refered by my family Doctor.I was nervous first going to see a Psychatrist but from day one he helped me feel safe and he was very nice .He listened to me everytime I had an appointment and then he would help me feel that everything would be ok .He is easy to talk to and very knowledgeable. I have made improvements because of him .I feel comfortable talking to him because he listens to me and then he gives me great advice.If I go in to his office with anxietyand depressed moods I leave his office more at ease.I wish we had more caring Psychiatrist like him in Sydney nova Scotia.I hope we never loose him .I don't know how I will get along without talking out my problems with him.I trust him so much and one of my issues deald with trust and he has helped me believe that I will get better and I always leave his office a lot more at ease then when I first go in.He isan excellent Psychiatrist and we need him here in Sydney ns

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

He is an awesome doctor and always seems to ask the right questions at the right time. He can tell by looking at you how you are doing and has a way of making you feel better about things in a calm caring manner. Knows his job and is excellent at it. His ability to analize and assess you amazes me and it would be a sad day for alot of people without him.

Top Urgent Care Centers in Sydney, NS