Rate Dr. Chandra S. Swamy

Dr. Chandra S. Swamy's Ratings

I feel like I wait for hours! I come in 15min early to make sure im on time for my appointment.. Wait 20min to get a room then i end up waiting for another hr. The staff is nice but thats about as far as it goes. I never get a word in with her and after all the waiting ive done youd think shed spend more than 10min in the room with you..

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

If you are looking for a Gyn be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Always 1-2 hours.
I like going to a female Dr. because I feel they listen better. But, I've had some issues of late that have NOT been resolved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516138].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2014

i have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Swamy. She delivered all 4 of my cousins girls

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][686387].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2013

I am currently pregnant with my 3rd child and have had my due date changed at least ever time I had an ultrasound done. Im supposed to be 32w6d today and suddenly im only 30w4d and my due date has been pushed even further. Im so frustrated cause I know I have to have another csection and I know im going to go in having contractions. she just said well we are NO LONGER allowed to do csection before 39weeks and contractions never really hurt the mother or baby and the only way she can do the csection is if im in active labor, well I was having contractions for almost 24 hours and never dilated with my second child and she wouldn't do it because I wasn't scheduled to have the csection until the next day. so I know for a fact im going to have to go through this again especially now she is saying im not due for an extra week. she didn't even try to understand how I was feeling. Sometimes im in her office for 2 or more hours waiting to see her an when she finally sees me she is in and out.:(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][686386].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2013

I had Pre-eclampsia and she never did diagnose me. After gaining roughly 100lbs and my daughter being 10 lbs inside me, I finally requested for another ultrasound. Needless to say I had the baby that day, at 37 weeks. I am lucky my daughter and myself are okay. I am very very unhappy with my preganancy turn out and the huge scar I am left with. She is notorious for C-sections and if I was informed of my condition I would have known what to do to minimize compications. I now have a standard cut (vertical) on my abdomin and will have to get a tummy tuck b/c nothing else will fix it. I only saw her about 3 times it was always some 18 year old medical assistant. I feel she is unprofessional and her case load is extremely too large! Pick someone else unless you are okay with getting crappy treatment and a lasting scar.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][686385].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2011

The waits were long and I never knew if I would actually see her or an assistant. I lost my baby in the third trimester and information from previous ultrasounds were withheld. If you are going to choose this doctor, you need to be an excellent self advocate and do your own research. I believe her caseload is entirely too, high.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][686384].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Dr. Swamy's main characteristic is that she is a BAD listener. You can barely get a word in edgewise. So she can't really diagnose if you have a problem unless it is REALLY REALLY obvious. This is based on my experience dealing with a Bartholin's cyst with her. I literally told her "I think it's a Bartholin's cyst," but she wouldn't listen to a word I said and because it wasn't obvious she didn't diagnose me until my third visit with her. I personally hated this, but I have friends who just love her. She is a knowledgeable physician and I would trust her despite her less than charming bedside manner. Her staff is nice too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][686383].votes_count ]]