Rate Dr. David E. Stein

Dr. David E. Stein's Ratings

I have never met a doctor I liked better. He was personable, extremely knowledgeable, able to answer all questions at the appointment and I was able to make an appointment in a very short period of time from my request. I can't recommend this gentleman more highly.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

It takes a month or longer to get an apointment. When vomiting and relapsed with wildly flutuating temperature AFTER the appointment, relayed info to staff who advised the doctor and i had to call back to find out the doctor said i never told him about these symptoms which is frustrating becuz i had these syptoms before and after i saw him and was told a follow up appontment was a month out! I had ato call find out lab reports and if i need to see him sooner, i had to go to my primary doctor AGAIN!

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

Never called (or sent me) my results. When I called, his admin called me back and impatiently told me I had a precancerous polyp; when I asked to talk to him, he refused and his admin told me he said to look it up on the Internet. Wikipedia tells me that this polyp has a 5% chance of becoming cancerous, but I have no idea whether it was fully removed or whether I'm still at risk. This is the shabbiest medical care I've ever received.

Submitted June 16, 2011 | flag

Had my scope job about 3 hours ago and was terrified. Dr. Stein and all the staff and people at Good Sam made me comfortable and did a fantastic job.....I would trust them before anyone else and anyone who thinks that this doctor is anything other than a top notch professional is wrong ! Thank you Dr. Stein and Dr. Fung , and all you great people for helping me with my first procedure in a hospital.Live long and well. KAS

Submitted April 20, 2011 | flag

I went to Dr. Stein for chronic diarrhea and he did many tests, but after a year he told me there was nothing physically wrong with me. The next doctor I went to correctly diagnosed me with a parasitic infection and successfully treated me. Dr. Stein's inability to correctly diagnose my condition caused a lot of unnecessary suffering for me, as I could not eat without getting diarrhea due to the parasites. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2009 | flag

Insurance used was actually Healthnet. I went in for what was probably a common hemorrhoid, and Dr. Stein suggested a colonoscopy to be 100% sure, in which he subsequently discovered polyps that were pre-cancerous. His expert advice saved my life, and he is a great person to boot. One of the nicest and funniest doctors I have met, not to mention professional.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2008 | flag

Dr. Stein is obviously quite knowledgeable but can easily explain treatment or diagnosis options. As you learn more about your disease he explains more. He gives you the information needed to allow you to make informed decisions about disease care. Very nice manner, make you comfortable even when faced with potentially lifechanging disease. He even faxed a prescription into the system (HIMSELF!!)while I was talking to his staff to set up a follow-up appointment. The staff is polite and always willing to work with you to set up an appointment.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2008 | flag

I went to Dr. Stein for a simple colonoscopy. He was extremely knowledgeable and thoroughly answered every question I had. He explained all my options for this procedure and described exactly what would happen. He has an easy going manner that puts patients at ease. The procedure was later performed exactly as he described with no problems. I received his report before I left the clinic and he forwarded the report to my GP by the end of the day.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2007 | flag

Dr. Stein saved my life when he correctly diagnosed my colon cancer. He helped organize my surgery in no time at all as well as genetic testing which gave me further insight on my disease. Dr. Stein is a great guy and a great doctor!

Submitted Feb. 1, 2007 | flag