Dr. David E. Stein

Grad. Year: 1975

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. David E. Stein has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 3588973
28/10/13 4 5 5 5 I have never met a doctor I liked better. He was personable, extremely knowledgeable, able to answer all questions at the appointment and I was able to make an appointment in a very short period of time from my request. I can't recommend this gentleman more highly.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2461730
30/10/12 2 5 1 1 It takes a month or longer to get an apointment. When vomiting and relapsed with wildly flutuating temperature AFTER the appointment, relayed info to staff who advised the doctor and i had to call back to find out the doctor said i never told him about these symptoms which is frustrating becuz i had these syptoms before and after i saw him and was told a follow up appontment was a month out! I had ato call find out lab reports and if i need to see him sooner, i had to go to my primary doctor AGAIN!
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David E."
RID: 1466100
16/06/11 2 4 1 3 Never called (or sent me) my results. When I called, his admin called me back and impatiently told me I had a precancerous polyp; when I asked to talk to him, he refused and his admin told me he said to look it up on the Internet. Wikipedia tells me that this polyp has a 5% chance of becoming cancerous, but I have no idea whether it was fully removed or whether I'm still at risk. This is the shabbiest medical care I've ever received.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $1000
RID: 1421184
20/04/11 5 5 5 5 Had my scope job about 3 hours ago and was terrified. Dr. Stein and all the staff and people at Good Sam made me comfortable and did a fantastic job.....I would trust them before anyone else and anyone who thinks that this doctor is anything other than a top notch professional is wrong ! Thank you Dr. Stein and Dr. Fung , and all you great people for helping me with my first procedure in a hospital.Live long and well. KAS
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 958386
09/08/09 3 3 1 3 I went to Dr. Stein for chronic diarrhea and he did many tests, but after a year he told me there was nothing physically wrong with me. The next doctor I went to correctly diagnosed me with a parasitic infection and successfully treated me. Dr. Stein's inability to correctly diagnose my condition caused a lot of unnecessary suffering for me, as I could not eat without getting diarrhea due to the parasites. I would not recommend him to anyone.  Respond
RID: 716334
05/11/08 4 5 5 5 Insurance used was actually Healthnet. I went in for what was probably a common hemorrhoid, and Dr. Stein suggested a colonoscopy to be 100% sure, in which he subsequently discovered polyps that were pre-cancerous. His expert advice saved my life, and he is a great person to boot. One of the nicest and funniest doctors I have met, not to mention professional.
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 511260
11/02/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Stein is obviously quite knowledgeable but can easily explain treatment or diagnosis options. As you learn more about your disease he explains more. He gives you the information needed to allow you to make informed decisions about disease care. Very nice manner, make you comfortable even when faced with potentially lifechanging disease. He even faxed a prescription into the system (HIMSELF!!)while I was talking to his staff to set up a follow-up appointment. The staff is polite and always willing to work with you to set up an appointment.
RID: 427919
12/10/07 4 5 5 5 I went to Dr. Stein for a simple colonoscopy. He was extremely knowledgeable and thoroughly answered every question I had. He explained all my options for this procedure and described exactly what would happen. He has an easy going manner that puts patients at ease. The procedure was later performed exactly as he described with no problems. I received his report before I left the clinic and he forwarded the report to my GP by the end of the day.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 123145
01/02/07 5 5 5 Dr. Stein saved my life when he correctly diagnosed my colon cancer. He helped organize my surgery in no time at all as well as genetic testing which gave me further insight on my disease. Dr. Stein is a great guy and a great doctor!
Insurance: HealthPartners