Rate Dr. R. Ernest Sosa

Dr. R. Ernest Sosa's Ratings

His office staff is horrible, but what in the world should that have to do with rating a doctor. For a doctor of the quality, caring and responsiveness of Doctor Sosa, I'd put up with any torture doled out by staff. Over years of care, Dr. Sosa performed numerous surgical procedures for me without the slightest hitch. He always returned my calls within 30 minutes, even at night.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Dr Sosa was vewry kind and patient to my mother, and she lived loonger than expected thanks to him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Sosa for 20 years and have always found him to be highly knowledgeable, compassionate, and skillful. His staff is helpful and efficient. I would strongly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2012

Dr. Sosa is very open and friendly physician who is attentive to his patients needs. He is thorough in his evaluation, conservative in his approach and friendly in his manner. His follow through is excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Dr. Sosa was referred by my MD after I was dissatisfied with my first urologist. Dr Sosa was knowledgable (answered my questions completely in layman's terms without being condecending), accessible (once returned my call at 9:30 pm after a full day of surgery), and mostly he properly diagnosed my condition and presented an appropriate plan of action. Flomax was prescribed at first in an attempt to relax the ureter (not the urethra in the penis as suggested in an earlier post). It was not expected to work 100% because my stone was so big (8 mm), but did relax the ureter enough to allow the stone to move into the bladder, making it much easier to remove in surgery. That meant less time under anesthesia (half hour vs 90 minutes) and a much faster recovery. I found his office staff to be mostly friendly (one was not handling being busy too well but no one was ever rude) Certainly all of them were very helpful. The hospital staff (NY Pres/Cornell) were all absolutely wonderful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2011

Brilliant & caring doctor but after 3 visits just could not force myself to undergo the unhappiness & stress of dealing with that truly horrific staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2010

Dr. Sosa is a first rate doctor. He fixed me of what other doctors couldn't. His surgical skills is first rate. Although can't say the same about his staff, but hay I'm there to see "HIM" not his Staff; if you want the best, go to Dr. Sosa! You won't regret.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

Dr. Sosa performed some serious surgery on me a couple of years ago (UPJ obstruction). He was very knowlegable and forth-coming at every stage of the process ( I had originally gone to him for a second opinion.)He discussed everything in depth with me and patiently helped me decide which course to take. I always felt I was in the best of hands and he cured me completely. He also asked me to try Flomax at one point (though I am female) but it didn't do anything. I didn't mind, no harm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

I think Dr. Sosa has been very helpful to me and previous comments are correct...he's very smart and fast to diagnose. Alas! We are all human. I hope any errors he makes in the future are miniscule and few... I think he's a very good doctor and helped me with various problems. Some non urological and at the last minute, too. Willing to fit me in.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2009

I consulted Dr. Sosa (probably googled him) for a urinary problem. He gave me a prescription for Flomax, which surprised me...(I assumed he saw that I do not have a penis), but after some hesitations, I took it. Went back to him and he examined me, told me I was fine. I was not happy with his evaulation and went to another MD at the same hospital, who examined me thoroughly...including an x-ray, recommended surgery which resulted in the removal of a tumor on my bladder. I don't understand why a physician as well-educated as Dr. Sosa made such a terrible mistake...all I know is that I am very happy I trusted my instinct and consulted another doctor when I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1950656].votes_count ]]