Dr. Tammy J. Hamilton

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/01/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Tammy J. Hamilton has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5209784
24/02/14 1 1 1 3 I didn't even get in to see her - 6-8 weeks wait to get an appointment - cancelled by the office as I drove to the appointment, second appointment cancelled today "scheduling difficulties". I don't have time for this rude and inconsiderate treatment.  Respond
RID: 3636084
19/12/13 1 3 3 3 She is always in a rush. I have been a patient for a long time and I have decided it's time for a change/upgrade. She does not give the patient a chance to speak or ask questions and then she runs out the door. I find is somewhat suspicious that there are so many reviews let alone positive reviews for this doctor. You're lucky if you go to a site and find 3 or 4 neutral or average reviews not this over the moon stuff. Must be something in the kool aid. I've had lots of doctors but she has to be the worst when it comes to listening to you or spending any time with you. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out! And after all this time if you as her to call you back which I did only once she was all kinds of hostile. I don't need this aggravation. Time for a change.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2466287
05/11/12 4 4 5 5 I had a serious medical issue and truly believe Dr.Hamilton and Dr. Russo saved my life and the life of my baby. She is compassionate and empathetic and extremely knowledgeable as a doctor. I highly recommend her and her group.
RID: 2081453
25/04/12 4 4 3 4 Examination rushed. There was not enough time to ask questions.  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Tammy" to "Tammy J."
RID: 1267181
07/10/10 1 3 1 3 Dr Hamilton was very nice. However, there are serious issues for her office staff. Most staff gives you an attitude + rude and don't really want to help. They will charge you $1 per page for your test result. For my case it was just a blood test and pep smear but they refuse to tell you how many pages there are. I feel like this "charging you for test result" procedure is a scam. There is definitely an integrity issue at this office and this is just not right. It doesn’t matter how good the doctor is it’s just not worth going through all the mess with the office staff. I definitely regret going there at the first place.
RID: 1147358
11/04/10 2 2 5 5 I absolutely adore Dr. Hamilton! She is very kind and knowledgeable, and her demeanor makes my annual exams bearable. The office staff isn't quite as sweet at Dr. Hamilton, and have often sat in the waiting room for 30 or more minutes to see her. The downside is that the practice only books appointments a month in advance, so be sure to have a very flexible schedule if you want to see her. The last appointment on her "late day" is 5pm and is very hard to come by, so I suggest seeing her in the am.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1096741
03/02/10 2 2 3 3 Dr. Hamilton technically is a great doctor. in the delivery she was kind and present which allowed me to relax. The care during the pregnancy was not as good. A lot of pressure was put on me to have an amnio because of my age 38. she had me so stressed out that i did not think there was a possibility of having a healthy child. She knew i was not terminating the pregnancy regardless. During the pregnancy my hemoglobin went to 8 and they did not even tell me until i asked because i was having such bad symptoms. Staff acts like they do not know you your whole pregnancy and you can never talk to the doctor. you always get a call back from a "nurse"
RID: 927879
03/07/09 4 5 5 5 I've been a patience with Dr. Hamilton since I was 19yrs old. I was so afraid to go to an OBGYN prior to going to Dr. Hamilton. She talked to me and explain everything prior to do it. She makes you feel comfortable. I recommended 6 ppl to Dr. Hamiltom and each one of them love her. I recommend anyone to go to her and see for yourself.
RID: 658965
07/08/08 4 5 5 5 After an exhaustive internet search for a new doctor, I came across this site and found Dr. Hamilton. Although there weren't many comments, I went with my instinct and made an appointment. I was extremely pleased with my visit. Dr. Hamilton made the time to get to know my medical history and was really helpful. Staff were pleasant and I wasn't rushed in or out. This is the complete opposite from the experience I've had for the last 14 yrs with Dr. Irani. (Bergen county residents, pls do yourself a favor and find a new doctor if she's your doctor). All the ratings here about her are absolutely accurate. Good luck with your search.
RID: 658459
06/08/08 3 4 2 5 i LOVE dr. hamilton - she delivered my daughter last year and i was more than thrilled when i found out she was doing my c-section...what i was NOT happy about, and ultimately left the practice over, is that i was just over 15 minutes late for my appointment...i came from work and hit extra traffic on the parkway and even after a phone call to let the staff know, i got there to find out she wasn't going to see me and i had to reschedule. i was not happy that all the times i had been there over the course of 8 years i was always on time and the one time i drove an hour and was a little late, they made me reschule. instead i found another dr to see, closer to home, and have been very happy with the care - starting with the office staff which is a little lacking at dr hamiltons. again, the dr is great once you are in to see her..so my advice is not to be late!  Respond
RID: 607536
05/06/08 3 5 5 5 i was so nervous due to my part experiences but after leaving Dr. Hamilton i actually went and bragged instead on how much i loved her. i def recommend her. no wait , you get your own personal time and you do not feel uncomfortable
RID: 394200
29/08/07 4 5 5 5 I really like her..She is so understanding and caring..She listens to your concerns and does not rush you..
RID: 378252
02/08/07 5 5 5 5 Excellent doctor. The staff was very friendly and I hardly waited to be attended by Dr. Hamilton (maybe waited for 5 minutes tops).
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 238568
28/03/07 5 5 5 I love her, she is great, she listens to you without you feeling rushed out like some doctors do. She takes her time and explains in detail. Great doctor.
RID: 76997
06/01/07 4 5 5 Absolutely great doctor- caring & knowledgable but GOOD LUCK getting thru the office/support staff. VERY, VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !! The doctor's appointments get messed up, patients are not informed when office closes because of snow, the Doctor will NEVER receive your messages and you will NEVER get a chance to talk to her on the phone!!  Respond
RID: 47285
25/09/06 5 5 5 Dr. Hamilton is a wonderful specialist and a great person who works with all her patients. Thank you!
RID: 46489
20/09/06 5 5 5 She is a very caring and intelligent doctor. She listens to my concerns and is respectful. There are very few doctors I'm comfortable with and she's one of them.  Respond
RID: 41367
18/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Hamilton is wonderful! She is usually very timely for office visits and listens to your concerns and is very thorough. Highly recommended!
* - Rating left by a registered user