Dr. Mark J. Sherman

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Y
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 4 reviews. Dr. Mark J. Sherman has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

14/03/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.2
RID: 2639564
03/05/13 3 3 1 2 TEP hernia failure after his procedure. Then I heard of another failure and another success by same doctor. Of course, no guarantees, but just FYI. Very personable and kind.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
See Responses
RID: 2413892
30/08/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Sherman was exactly what I had hoped for. He was very patient, and answered all my questions thoroughly. Prior to the surgery he analyzed my sonograms and explained why he thought I would benefit from the surgery and exactly how long it would take to recover. After the surgery it became obvious to me just how good of a surgeon he was - I only needed 4 pain pills total to help me sleep. He also called the day after surgery to check on me. Note: My procedure was laparoscopic gallbladder removal.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Mark" to "Mark J."
RID: 924970
29/06/09 5 5 5 5 I think the other people who commented said it all. This suregon is superb - as a human being and as a surgeon. So is his staff. I felt that I could not have had better care if I was a multimillionare. Dr. Sherman is the finest!
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 41155
17/08/06 5 5 5 EXCELLENT SURGEON. I WILL USE HIM AGAIN WHEN/IF I NEED MORE SURGERY. DOES NOT HAVE A GOD COMPLEX. A TRULY GENTLE,CARING,KNOWLEDGABLE AND EXTREMELY COMPETENT SURGEON/PHYSICIAN.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield