Rate Dr. Michael Lavallee

Dr. Michael Lavallee's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr. Lavallee for a number of years. I am more than happy with him. I too don't mind the fact that he has no receptionist - I agree that it feels more personal without. I also believe it helps keep down his costs which he passes on to his patients. Dr. Lavallee was recommended to me by a co-worker who had great results after seeing him. I have also had great results and have recommended him to others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70283].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Dr. Lavallee is VERY knowledgeable! The amount of information that was given to me in a session was fantastic!! Instead of going to a medical doctor and getting him to fix me by prescribing pills (chemicals) to fix my health related problem, I can affirm that I am able to take responsibility for my own health in a more natural way with Dr. Lavallee. He has taught me many ways to incorporate new foods in my life as well as foods that could hinder my health as well. I left his office feeling satisfied with the positive reinforcements and I also currently feel taken care of.I enjoy that he has no receptionist! This is actually one less person to talk to "what's the reason for your visit today mr/mrs. so and so" says the receptionist "Well, are you gonna help me? no, so why do you want to know I want to talk to the doctor!" As for the water, if you want something to drink- ask... Even kids know this, Dr. Lavallee is not there to raise you! You're an adult, take responsibility and grow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70287].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Lavallee is very knowledgeable and constantly reviewing new literature and keeping up to date. Takes and returns phone calls in the evening which very few doctors will do. He has always returned my phone calls within a day or two which I think this is exceptional for a health practitioner. Dr. Lavallee took a great deal of time to review my concerns and find appropriate solutions. I have changed a large proportion of my diet as directed by Dr. Lavallee with beneficial results to my health occurring over time. He is one of the few practitioners I have visited that addresses preventative strategies for health. My initial visit was lengthy which allowed him to gain an understanding of causes for my conditions through assessment and also for him to explain details of my condition to me and provide solutions. I appreciate the time and energy that he took to address my health concerns and my health is improved as a result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70286].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 17, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Lavallee for many months. By not having a receptionist he keeps overhead low and his charges are exceptionally reasonable. He is extremely helpful and very concerned for his patients. He is kind and caring. This is a dedicated naturopath who always returns my phone calls. I always take water where ever I go and am certain if I forgot my water bottle and was in need he would just need me to ask for such. Initial appointments can be long and difficult only beause of the thoroughness of Dr Lavallee's approach. I disagree totally with such negative comments and have never waited for my appt time except when I have been early.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70285].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

Re: staff, he was it. No receptionist. Felt like he cut corners all to make a buck. He was running late whenever I went to see him, and then would rush our appointments. Initial 2 hour assessment, sitting in a hard chair, no break or h20 offered. He DID explain things and jotted down notes as he explained but by the end the paper was just a scribble of blue. Very disappointed that no handouts, or direction for where to turn to (ie internet) for more info re: meal planning or substitutions for foods that were off limits during a cleanse. Although he seemed knowledgeable, he was scattered and he didn't give me correct instructions for one of the supplements and then later I felt blamed for it by the way he addressed it. Also I felt no different during the 2 week cleanse & I stuck to it and then he informed me I was to contact him after the first week..which he did not initially instruct me to do. I felt like just a number to him, or rather just a wad of cash for him to collect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70284].votes_count ]]