Rate Dr. Theodore Perl

Dr. Theodore Perl's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Perl for over 25 years. I was in mid 20's when I received my first transplant and I am now 46. Yes, he is awesome in what he does, however as someone else said his bedside manners need much improvement. I remember my Mom asking him a question and he was quite short with her. Overall he's the best... He would have to be, Ive been with him as I said over 25 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545823].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Dr Perl is the absolute best at what he does, but his bedside manner is sorely lacking. He is very straight forward and to the point, and he seems pretty hard on his staff. If he is training another surgeon then he doesnt really talk to you, he will also get mad if you forget to bring in your post op medication paperwork to your followup. That being said, his skills are top notch and you should trust no one else with your cornea issues. His office staff is excellent and he runs a tight ship. Patients are called in asap and if you come early you might even be seen and end up walking out before your original appt time. Cornea transplant surgery went quickly and smoothly with no problems. Excellent procedure from start to finish

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

I recently saw Dr. Perl in his Fairfield office and I would highly recommend him to anyone. I had seen another doctor for 3 weeks for an issue with my eye that was very painful. The problem got slightly better but got bad again after a few days. I went to Dr. Perl after a second opinion and he gave me the right medication and my eye was better in 2 days! He explained everything, answered my questions and his staff is just as helpful. Plus it was nice to only wait 10 mins for my appointment at Dr. Perl's office, compared to the hour for the 1st doctor (every time I went, which was 7 times, there was an hour wait).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Perl is awesome!!! He performed a corneal scraping in 2009 and he is extremely skilled and competent. He has inserted duct tubes and has an incredibly smooth skilled technique. His staff is great as well. He's a great doctor and NJ is lucky to have him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2011

I had a corneal transplant performed by Dr. Perl in 2008. It has now been 18 months since the surgey and without any complications or issues. Best medical decision I have every made. Have and would recommend him over and over again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688172].votes_count ]]