Rate Dr. Christopher P. McManus

Dr. Christopher P. McManus's Ratings

I had an appointment at Dr. McManus's office September of last year. I had just signed up for health insurance that was already in effect, but I didn't have my card yet. They said I could just pay out of pocket ($110 just for a normal appointment), and they would file it with the insurance company when I got my card and reimburse me. I had to wait 40 minutes for my appt., but when I actually saw Dr. McManus, he was very good. Kind, professional manner, clearly experienced and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, it seems this doesn't mean he knows how to run an office or hire competent staff. I got my insurance card and gave them a copy. Thus began a year-long saga, in which I called the office dozens of times, wrote several letters, attempting to find out the status of this reimbursement. Long story short, the office staff were rude and incompetent, and I never got either the reimbursement or any sort of explanation about why I wouldn't. Be warned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2010

I have been a patient for the over 16 years with Dr. Chris McMannus and he has been an excellent doctor and has always made time to answer all of my questions and concerns. He is a very kind caring knowledgeable doctor and doesn't try to rush you through your appointment and is very through when he does a physcial on you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2009

Very caring and concerned. Actually listens to you . Is not gay, which is a relief when you are getting prostate exam! Very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. McManus (Chris) is amazing. I've used him for years and he and his dad run a great practice in Arlington. Metro accessible and easy to get to this is, I fear, one of the last small time doctors still around. He's big on treating the person and more than once I've walked out without a prescription and been very happy about it. Sadly as it is only two doctors in the practice they do tend to run behind and it can be hard to get an appointment. The office is also closed on Thursdays.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688577].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I have seen both Reginald and Christopher McManus over the past 12 years. They are both excellent doctors.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688576].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. McManus is awesome - he is very friendly and actually spends time with his patients. I usually really don't like doctors, but I do like Dr. McManus.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688575].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

the best dr. i've ever had. caring, comforting, and honest. i love the guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][688574].votes_count ]]