Rate Dr. Joseph F. Altongy

Dr. Joseph F. Altongy's Ratings

Dr. ALTONGY is amazing, knowledgeable and caring. Most recently I took my son in for a separated AC joint from a skateboarding injury. The way he treats the kids like human beings and explains what exactly happened is superb. My son is an AM skater and he never once suggested that he stop skating which told me a gear deal about the respect he has for others.

Submitted May 17, 2014 | flag

I can't say enough about how great Dr. Altongy has been over the years. I first met him in 2008 when my son was injured in football. Just recently my daughter was hurt in lacrosse and he saw her immediately. I know many people who have used him including relative and friends. He is thorough and has great compassion for the kids. Additionally he has a excellent reputation for diagnosis and treatment. I would recommend him highly.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2014 | flag

Very very scary doctor. Refused to look at an xray, called my son a name, totally misdiagnosed a break. Absolutely horrible.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

Dr Altongy took care of my son 20 years ago when he needed a serious operation to build up the bone in his arm using bone from his hip. Dr Altongy made both my son and I completely at ease and gave my son the best care I could have hoped for. My son is now in his 30's and still remembers Dr Altongy and how wonderful he was to him. He always makes sure you understand exactly what's happening with your condition before you leave his office, easing any worries or confusion that you may have. Dr Altongy is the best!

Submitted March 6, 2013 | flag

He is a bit eccentric, but very sweet. He is always correct and extremely taleted and gentle.

Submitted July 19, 2010 | flag

I have been bringing my children to Dr Altongy for many years he is very professional and knowlegable never rushing you he always anwsers all of your questions. I would recommend him for your children. He takes ex rays rite in his office which is also a plus saves a trip to emergency room.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag

Knowledgeable, carefull, honest doctor. I trusted him with my son's arm injury (a very serious one) and am very glad I did.

Submitted Oct. 3, 2009 | flag

Dr. Altongy is a great doctor. He spends a lot of time with my kids telling them exactly what is wrong - BUT his staff is the WORST. Plan on waiting AT LEAST an hour to see the dr - regardless of day or time of your appointment. We are never going to use Dr. Altongy again! We found another Dr in the area.

Submitted April 16, 2009 | flag