Rate Dr. Gerard March

Dr. Gerard March's Ratings

Dr March just treated my 10 year old's broken arm. She had to have surgery with two plates after a very bad fall during soccer. Dr March and his staff were amazing. The operating room nurses were so nice to our daughter and the nurses on the floor took very good care of our entire family. When we came back to clinic Dr March took the time to explain everything and showed us the x-rays before and after. We were really appreciative of the time that he took with us considering how busy those clinics are with so many people with broken bones. I was very happy with our experience with Dr March and the entire hospital.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Dr March is a complete idiot! 8 months 3 mri's 2 X-rays, still no results or diagnosis, rude couldn't tell a right hand from the left! Staff not very bright still havent heard from them for last set of test been a month! He is a terrible doctor wouldn't recomand him to a rat! London here we come! Pretty sad a doctor is allowed to make a child suffer like he's doing!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2579810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

I first saw Dr. March in early March regarding a hip problem. I had been in pain for the previous year or so and he quickly determined I could be helped with a Total Hip Replacement. i expected a long wait for surgery, but, no, he fit me in for a day in mid-April. The surgery was a tremendous success and, six months later, I am pain-free and back to cycling, golf, and walking the dog! I will always be grateful to Dr. March for his knowledge, skill, and positive attitude. We are very lucky to have him here in Sarnia.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571908].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr March replaced our neighbour's knees and he has done great - my son who is a high level hockey player had a severe injury at the end of last season and ruptured his ACL and tore his meniscal ligament. Dr. March repaired both and has been amazing in explaining every step with models. My son is in physio and is progressing very well now several months post surgery. Dr. March does not rush his appointments which I think is why he gets behind in his schedule but my son and I always feel we can ask any questions and he will take the time to explain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2519852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2014

Since my husband an I share a car our scheduling becomes crucial at times, as it was on this particular day. I had an appointment with the dentist at 12;30 pm and my husband a meeting at 1 pm. We arranged I would be home right after seeing Dr. March ( approx. 12 pm ) he would take me to the dentist and attend his meeting.
After being rescheduled 3 times my appointment was for 11:15 am. I arrived at 11:10 am and the waiting area had 3 patients waiting. I asked at what time I would be able to see the doctor.
I was told it would take a little time. unknown to me, there where 2 people with the doctor already, so 5 patient ahead of me. At 11:50 am I realized I had to leave so my husband and myself would be able honor our commitments.
I was offered an appointment at 12:30 pm or later, or the beginning of September. After my experience I was not to confident and I chose to find an other Orthopedic Surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513157].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr.March just did an ACL reconstruction on my right knee 24hrs ago. I am already reaching full flexion and extension, with full weight bearing. I have little to no pain considering it was just 24hrs ago. Dr. March looked into all options with regards to what was best for my situation, opting with a graft which will expediate my recovery time. After reading previous comments, I see that people feel he is arrogant, I believe it is more confidence in his abilities, which I love in a surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr March, he has made a huge difference with my knee in only 24hrs after. Bravo Dr March another job well done!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 26, 2013

I found Dr. March very polite and professional. He took appropriate time with me and I did not feel like he rushed through my appointment. He asked health questions, listened to my complaint, examined my injury, and explained my x-ray findings with the use of a model. He gave me his opinion about my injury and recommended an MRI to be certain nothing had been missed. The receptionist was also very nice; quite friendly and professional, explaining the process and time frames for the scheduling of my MRI. I'm very glad that I chose Dr. March!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2013

Not sure whay my last rating was removed - My name is Janice S. and I am from London ON. Dr March replaced my knee last year and jsut replaced my husband's hip. We came to Sarnia from London because of the wait times in London and Strathroy are so long. Our whole experience has been great. We found Sarnia Hospital to be very professional and Dr. March did a great job. Nurses in the OR were very friendly. Dr March is especially good at explaining exactly what happens in surgery and used models to show the procedure. My husband had difficulties post operative and Dr. March got a Urologist to see him the same day. We are very pleased with our care and we would still be waiting in London to see a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2013

My name is Anna Addley, I had a total hip replacement a year ago. I think Dr. march is a wonderful doctor, a great surgeon and very good at explaining everything. I could hardly walk and now can walk miles and am totally pain free. He was never in a hurry at any of my appointments, and listened to all my questions and answered them all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70947].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

This doctor is very arrogant. DOESN'T care about patients. Treats staff like dirt. Wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70952].votes_count ]]