Dr. Gerard March

Rate Dr. Gerard March

Dr. Gerard March's Ratings

Since my husband an I share a car our scheduling becomes crucial at times, as it was on this particular day. I had an appointment with the dentist at 12;30 pm and my husband a meeting at 1 pm. We arranged I would be home right after seeing Dr. March ( approx. 12 pm ) he would take me to the dentist and attend his meeting. After being rescheduled 3 times my appointment was for 11:15 am. I arrived at 11:10 am and the waiting area had 3 patients waiting. I asked at what time I would be able to see the doctor. I was told it would take a little time. unknown to me, there where 2 people with the doctor already, so 5 patient ahead of me. At 11:50 am I realized I had to leave so my husband and myself would be able honor our commitments. I was offered an appointment at 12:30 pm or later, or the beginning of September. After my experience I was not to confident and I chose to find an other Orthopedic Surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr.March just did an ACL reconstruction on my right knee 24hrs ago. I am already reaching full flexion and extension, with full weight bearing. I have little to no pain considering it was just 24hrs ago. Dr. March looked into all options with regards to what was best for my situation, opting with a graft which will expediate my recovery time. After reading previous comments, I see that people feel he is arrogant, I believe it is more confidence in his abilities, which I love in a surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr March, he has made a huge difference with my knee in only 24hrs after. Bravo Dr March another job well done!!

Submitted Oct. 26, 2013 | flag

I found Dr. March very polite and professional. He took appropriate time with me and I did not feel like he rushed through my appointment. He asked health questions, listened to my complaint, examined my injury, and explained my x-ray findings with the use of a model. He gave me his opinion about my injury and recommended an MRI to be certain nothing had been missed. The receptionist was also very nice; quite friendly and professional, explaining the process and time frames for the scheduling of my MRI. I'm very glad that I chose Dr. March!

Submitted Sept. 14, 2013 | flag

Not sure whay my last rating was removed - My name is Janice S. and I am from London ON. Dr March replaced my knee last year and jsut replaced my husband's hip. We came to Sarnia from London because of the wait times in London and Strathroy are so long. Our whole experience has been great. We found Sarnia Hospital to be very professional and Dr. March did a great job. Nurses in the OR were very friendly. Dr March is especially good at explaining exactly what happens in surgery and used models to show the procedure. My husband had difficulties post operative and Dr. March got a Urologist to see him the same day. We are very pleased with our care and we would still be waiting in London to see a surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2013 | flag

My name is Anna Addley, I had a total hip replacement a year ago. I think Dr. march is a wonderful doctor, a great surgeon and very good at explaining everything. I could hardly walk and now can walk miles and am totally pain free. He was never in a hurry at any of my appointments, and listened to all my questions and answered them all.

Submitted May 17, 2013 | flag

This doctor is very arrogant. DOESN'T care about patients. Treats staff like dirt. Wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2013 | flag

Misdiagnosed serious injury as a result of not obtaining diagnostic imaging that was recommended by Bluewater Health.

Submitted Sept. 26, 2012 | flag

Replaced my hip - i am really happy with care. Explained everything. A little wait at hospital clinic. Out of hospital in 3 days and walking without cane in 3wks. Back to golf in less than 2months. Sooner than I had expected.

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag

this doctor told me i needed to get my affairs in order and go back to school because my days of weight lifting and working as a labourer are over.I was shoulder pressing 75lb dumbells two weeks prior.And now i can barely do dishes 2 months later and shoulder pops out taking off t-shirt,and crunches almost every movement.Hes ruined my life at present.My name is Kevin Simmons and I have a family I cant feed anymore.Thanks doc.I even asked him to reverse what he did he said no.

Submitted April 2, 2012 | flag

Knows what patients concerns are and takes action to correct the health situation.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2012 | flag