Rate Dr. Jon Ivar Mickelson

Dr. Jon Ivar Mickelson's Ratings

I saw Jon three times for a fractured nose. Each time I was kept waiting even slightly. He was friendly and for the matter I was seeing him for he knew his stuff. He was efficient but always open to questions and concerns. He was very clear about my treatment options. I was most pleased overall with him, his services and his admin. support team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2628417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

Receptionists are professional and friendly. Dr mickelson is always on time for my appointments. He performed surgery on me and his pre-surgery manner made me extremely comfortable as I do have anxiety, especially in hospitals. He was great at dealing with my mother who accompanied me and updated her immediately after my surgery. My surgery went excellent and I'm healing very well, no complications at all. After almost two years of throat issues he was the only doctor to finally do something to resolve my issue which was impacting my daily life. I found him to be very helpful and knowledgable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

Seems nice but not does not explain what he is treating. I tried to ask one question but was quickly interrupted and by the time I knew it he was standing out in the waiting area and he was asking his secretary to book yet another appointment. He does not seem to know what he is talking about and gets very defensive when questioned about his decision. I found my visits with him to be a waste of time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Why do staff members post comments here.
You don't gain anything by it.
Anyways. As for my first visit went well I suppose except I was looked at as a strange person.
Second visit did not go well at all. Doc was very condescending. I asked about something else that he specializes in ., And OH NO were not going there.
Shame doctors let there EGO'S interfere with there work.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Nice doctor, although didn't emphasize at all the risk of epiphora on my last nose surgery, now have been dealing with constant tearing for the last 2+ years, which I will be dealing with on a level unfortunately for the rest of my life, and far worse than the original condition... Please make sure you fully research the risks, I really don't want this unnecessarily ruining anybody else's life.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2203712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Very professional, although technical knowledge isn't top class as expected of a young guy...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][70960].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

He is the best ENT I've visited; he has a great manner, is very friendly, & makes one's visit comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2013

Superb Doctor.Extremely knowledgeable and great bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2012

Dr. Mickelson treated me in 2010 for reocurring tonsilitis and treated me again in 2011 for another related throat issue. Dr. Mickelson is always on time and is always willing to help his patients. He takes time to sit with his patients and explain everything. He is friendly, respectful and very knowledgeable. All of the nurses at the hospital enjoy working with him as do I. Dr. Mickelson is one of the best doctors I have met to date and it is unfortunate that more doctors cannot have the respect and passion for the field that he has. I would recommend him to anyone with ear, nose or throat problems. I sincerely hope Dr. Mickelson continues to practice in Surrey as he is a real asset to this community and to the medical profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][70957].votes_count ]]