Rate Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks

Dr. Mary Jane Podnieks's Ratings

My Wife was with Dr. Axler from the time she was born. She was given to Podnieks. Horrible. Horrible Doctor. Curt, impersonal. My wife has got a host of issues and one of them is agoraphobia and major depression. The woman cut her medication in half...not narcotics. Anti-depressants basically. I just received a call from her receptionist where I was told that she will cut her meds off if she misses another psyche appointment she will be cut off her meds.Her doctor is threatening to cut off her anti-depressants. First, it's not like my wife hasn't been assessed already. The psyche doctor that Podnieks referred her to ended up on maternity leave after six weeks. Now we missed an appointment with the most recent psych doctor and that is when the threat was made. Podnieks knows that the issues of my wife are dire. She even went so far as to state that she thinks she may be suicidal. cut off meds? lol u gonna cut the meds of a patient you feel is suicidal? I can't wait. Be wary. jblackson

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

I feel so fortunate to be a patient of Dr. Podnieks. My experiences with her have been consistently positive. I find her to be extremely knowledgable, thorough, and accomodating. She is also kind, caring, patient and genuine. She takes the time to answer any questions I may have, and never makes me feel rushed in any way. I will never change Doctors again! Thank you Doctor Podnieks!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2013 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Podniecks since she started her practice at the Albany. I have recommended her to my best friend and to several family members. They have all started going to her and all have glowing things to say about Dr. P. I am a diabetic and she brings me in every 3 months for follow-up checks. She goes over my blood/urine results with me on a result-by-result basis. She is extremely thorough, takes time to answer questions and cares about her patients. She is a great family doctor and I feel lucky to have her taking care of me. I am frankly surprised that some people have written such negative comments. Doesn't sound remotely like the doctor I see on a regular basis. I'm sorry their experiences were not as good as mine and hope they are able to find alternate health care that will fulfill their needs.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2013 | flag

Have been her patient for some time and I am just thoroughly unimpressed. Cancer scare's twice last year lead me with no trust in her as my doctor. She is also not personable, or caring in any way as doctors should be. She's very curt, very short with her explanations and I feel like I'm either bothering her all the time or she's got better things to do. This has been my consistent opinion. I just don't get it. Throughout my scare of cancer, I felt on my own with no direction and fended for myself. Looking for a new doctor as we speak. I am sure she is a wonderful person, but as for a caring, helpful, approachable doctor - I do not recommend her.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

nothing special your average Toronto dr now so busy that she fastly reads your results for a benign cancer cell issue and treat you like a idiot for wanting an explanation. wrong decision making as diagnosis, have fled to another more experience doctor. although she has nice personality and friendliness and that Toronto doctors frown of I do care attitude, but as a patient you are nothing but a job for her. have fled to another doctor and got a complete different diagnosis. if you need a friend she is it , if you need a doctor with experience for your serious issues this is not the right office to be.

Submitted May 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Podnieks took me on after Dr. Axler retired in 2012. I was worried about getting used to a new doctor but Dr. Axler had recommended her and said he felt I would like her. Well he was right I find her very friendly. She needed a complete medical done when I started with her, she made me feel comfortable and was very thorough with the medical. Like my former doctor very little waiting time to see her. I find her knowledgeable and very easy to talk with. Glad I picked her as my new family doctor.

Submitted March 21, 2013 | flag

I really like Dr. Podnieks. She is warm and gentle and really easy to talk to. She really listens and is very approachable. I would highly recommend her.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2012 | flag

Dr. P is very nice,eager but confused and ineffective. Dr. P did blood work for me and when she received the results, she called at 7:45am and left a message saying she got the results and to call her back. Thinking I must be dying, I tried to phone back with no luck as the clinic doesn't open until 9. When I got in touch with her finally, she told me that I had high cholesterol and that she could prescribe a drug to lower it. I told her I didn't want to take a drug for it and she said I could try to change my diet but it probably wouldn't help. When I asked what I should do she told me to google it. After doing some research I found that it was likely high because I had just given birth and it should go back to normal 4 months postpartum. When I asked her about it she said yes that's why I told you to manage it with diet. I also asked for my chol. levels again and she quote wildly different numbers then the previous conversation. I lost trust after that.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag