Rate Dr. Meera Chopra

Dr. Meera Chopra's Ratings

My experience with Dr. Chopra was horrible. She replaced my previous physician who had retired. I would advise anyone seeking a new doctor to avoid her. I too have mental health issues (documented) and it was obvious to me that she wasn't taking me seriously. I can't go into detail here at the moment, suffice it to say (charitably), she "misled" me for almost 2 years about a very important mental health related issue. I felt completely violated. One thousand characters does not provide nearly enough space to enumerate ALL that went on during my two years with her. Luckily I had a good support group around me to counteract what she put me through. Otherwise I don't think I would've made it through. She just didn't care. Plain and simple. Also, for anyone requiring continuity of care- stay away. She's continually away from office for long periods. Suffered through two of her replacements. Like having incompetent substitute teachers. All I can say is thank god I have a new doctor now!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71932].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

My biggest concern is that she has very rude and cold staff, Dr. Chopra although seems nice but lack of common sense and experience, goes by book.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2013

I went to see Dr. Chopra when I had a pressing mental issue. I felt I could tell her anything and she was non judgmental. I also felt that even though it was a mental illness I was struggling with, she dealt with the issue as if it was very serious and didn't downgrade it because it wasn't a physical problem. She prescribed me medication until we found the right one together and was very good at following up with me and also very thorough and referred me to a mental health professional. Thank heaven for Dr. Chopra I am so greatful for her dedication. She has also been great with any physical problems I have been having (obviously).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

We started seeing her after our family doctor retired. I had been to two doctors previously for a problem I had been having for six months. She finally gave me some medication that cured it, so I was quite pleased. We find she is very knowledgeable and thorough, more so than our previous doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

The staff at Dr.Chopra office are the the worst espicially Carole. She is very rude and unhelpful in all situations. She does not demonstrate the customer service necessary to work with the public and gets on her high horse immediately!!! Dr. Chopra doesnt seem aware of how rude her staff is and that is a very big concern of ours.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2013

at first i thought she was good because she took the time to listen and would not hesitate to refer me to a specialist, however the mroe i see her the more I begin to feel like she refers so often because she is lacking knowledge to deal with different situations. She now rushes through visits and never really can tell you what is wrong. Instead she prescribes medication that does nothing.Her nurse always calls back with tests results but can never explain what the results mean.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

Dr. Chopra was my O.B. during my first pregnancy (She was replacing Dr. Kelly). At first I thought she was alright, hearing my questions and acting accordingly (first few visits). When I went in labour, I noticed she was not on one line with the doctors at the hospital. I felt her knowledge lacked, when she insisted that I was going to have a baby soon, while neither I was having any contractions nor my water had broke (she broke my water). My son was born premature and had lung problems, which she also did not diagnose at time of birth. It was only for a smart nurse who noticed my baby's breathing problems and sent my baby to the NICU! Meanwhile, Dr. Chopra went home, leaving me in disbelief. It was a horrible experience. I am about to have my second child now, and I did not hesitate to move to a different O.B. where I feel they ARE knowledgeable. After all, knowledge and experience is what you need from your doctor in a new experience such as delivering your first baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71931].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

On my first visit with Dr. Chopra she definitely seemed like she was concerned for my well-being but on my second visit if felt like I was being rushed, that she was not really taking my opinions into consideration and as if she was talking down on me. I feel like all she does is prescribe medications without knowing the side effects, cross reactions, etc. Literally my last visit was me trying to describe my symptoms and she just typed away and printed off five prescriptions for me and then left the room when I still had concerns to talk about. Also, the walls are thin yet she talks so loud..Especially about personal matters. I was not impressed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

I have not been her patient for too long but so far I am impressed with her practise. She is very thorough and seems generally concerned for the well being of her patients. She is young and relatable, easy to talk to and actually listens to your concerns/questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

We have just started seeing Dr. Chopra and so far we are very impressed with her thoroughness and knowledge, compared to our previous G.P.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][71923].votes_count ]]