You may also like

Rate Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde's Ratings

Was sent to this doctor for a hip problem. I had a surgery from another doct a few years ago. I was tol dhe was suppse to fix my hip and changet he old one to a new hip. He told me that I needed a knee befopre a new hip. He said the other doctor did an old fashioned surgery and they should retired. This guy think he is god gift to medicine. Very disappointed. I told my family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2746395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Before I saw the surgeon that finally did my knee who I gave a rave review on I saw this joker. What a hot head. He towered over me and tried to tell me he was the only surgeon who does these kinds of surgery in the city and that my questions seems to bore him. He dismissed me and told me to call his secretary who was supposed to give me all the answers to my questions. She didn't have a clue, but that's a nother story. So I have 2 years of knee pain and I tried to describe my -pain and he kept putting words in my mouth. Like he was finishing my sentences to hurry me along. The place I saw him at was nice but he was so arrogant I was worried I wasnt getting the full story. I saw him one more time at the hospital clinic before bailing. I read a bunch of these reviews which are totally bull because they have been written by the same person. Same number of sentences and way of talking. What a scam. If he's so good at what he does, why is it that whoever you talk to thinks he's an arrogant jerk. I sat in a waiting room filled with people complaining about how arrogant he is. talked down to me from day one. I went to see a female surgeon at the same hospital who ROCKED! I won't mention her name here. I don't want to start a war.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2746389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

This is so artificial it would take a total fool to believe that everyone who ever met him gave him a 5/5. Usually if someone is angry at you they would take the effort to write about you. Or if you were absolutely great and that is not the case in my situation. Horrible experience and would never go back to him.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2725391].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2015

I simply can't say enough about Dr. Rodrigues! I was admitted for a total knee replacement and the surgery was completed in under two hours. My experience was excellent. When I got to my room after surgery I was up and walking around. The nurse was terrified that I would fall and insisted I spend 24 hours in bed. Didn't happen. I was out walking the halls and visiting the coffee shop downstairs. Of course I used a cane but it was only for support. My knee feels great and physio says that after two days I am at the level they usually see after three to four weeks of therapy. Physio says it is normal to be able to move your lower leg about 20 degrees two days after surgery. I can move mine 95 degrees! I can only attribute this to the fantastic efforts and skills of Dr. Rodrigues and his staff. He is a down to earth, friendly man with a terrific sense of humor and possesses genuine humility. I highly recommend this physician. I couldn't have imagined the type of treatment I received or the speed of my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2652617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I have had two full knee replacements with Dr. Rodriguez, I can not be more grateful for having him as my surgeon. I have a new lease on life, and no pain, I have no issues now, nor did I post surgery. This surgeon really has healing hands, an empathic heart, compassion and the desire to heal and help people. I wish other doctors, surgeons had half as much compassion as he does. I also found Jennifer to be kind, caring, very capable... and quick to respond to any form of communication. What a great team, I am so happy to be in their care! Within the third month after my second new knee, I was walking over 3km, pain free, and I could cut my grass, and clean my raised bungalow .... all in one day, whereas before surgery I could do one of these things every other day... as I was crawling up the walls with pain... as one friend said to me... It is so wonderful to have the fun, laughing carefree person you were back.... others asked if I had Botox done as I has so much less pain!... I knew I needed knee replacements, and though a candidate, due to my age, no other surgeon cared... Dr. Rodriguez did... and I have my life back! I promote him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery! Seriously, he is that Gifted!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2646700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Saw this guy at Medcan. They should really stop running an assembly line as we pay a lot of membership dues. Or at least do your homework before hiring. This doctor knew very little about new treatments, was in a rush and did not seem to care what my needs were. Horrible experience and thumbs down to Medcan.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2597095].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

About a year ago I had my left knee replaced by Dr Rodriguez. The experience was the best that there could be! So much so that when it can time to have the right knee replaced, they laughed in the operating room because I ran and jumped onto the operating table-
knowing the good hands I was in, and that I had no cause to worry. I was doing everything normally after only 6 weeks post-op. What a pleasure to be pain-fee for a change! My recovery was so quick and easy that I didn't even have time to say hi to Jennifer before it was over!
So I am saying "HI" to Jennifer now. Thanks for the get-well card from the office, anyone that needs a good orthopaedic surgeon should looks elsewhere, only look here if you want the very best of the best!
Thanks again to Dr. Rodriguez & his staff for giving me quality of life.

George

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2572651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Rodriguez. His concern , care and patient interaction was superb. His diagnosis of my problem and subsequent surgery (in a timely fashion) was beyond anything I had hoped for. He explained all procedures to me very carefully and was very caring during my time waiting for surgery. He responded to my Emails and answered all questions that I had.

The surgery itself went without a problem and my recovery time from a total hip replacement was remarkably short. I played golf quite quickly after the operation.

Jennifer, in his office , is very friendly and takes care of patients in a vary caring and efficient manner.

In summary, I recommend Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez to all. His competence and his surgical technique are the best. He is very good at what he does. Be assured , he and his staff will take wonderful care of you!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I was referred to Dr Rodriguez by my family physician who knew him at medical school where she said he was a brilliant student. I was taken aback at our first meeting when he advised that I should have a total hip replacement; I had been experiencing little real pain. However, after he showed me that the x-ray revealed that i had almost no cartilage left and we discussed the pros and cons of early surgery (the condition was only going to deteriorate and why not resume full physical activities sooner rather than later), I was satisfied that surgery now was the right course for me. I very much appreciated the time, care and good humour with which Dr. Rodriguez discussed the issues, and assured me that he was "pretty good" at what he does!. Three months later I was offered a surgery date, which I could not take up, but a slot came up a month later. This is very timely treatment! The surgery went without a hitch, and not having a general anaesthetic was great. Dr Rodriguez checked up on his post-surgery patients in Humber Regional on Sunday morning, I was up and about quickly and discharged after 3 nights. I was frustrated at times that, despite religiously following the physio routines, the recovery did not go as quickly as I hoped; progress is not always in straight line! However, after ten weeks I had recovered nearly all my pre-arthritis mobility, and have resumed all my previous activities (except running) without any problem at all. The follow-up appointments with Dr Rodriguez were always informative. In short, I was delighted with my experience. Dr Rodriguez is obviously a very good surgeon, and a caring person who puts patients at ease, provides lots of information and takes the time and trouble to answer all questions -- all with a very light touch and humour! If (God forbid!) I were to require surgery on my other hip or my knees, I would make my way back to Dr. Rodriguez. I can assure prospective patients that with Dr Rodriguez you will be in very good, capable and patient-friendly hands. Last but not least, he and Jennifer run a very efficient and friendly office. I very much appreciated receiving the get well card that they sent on my return home; that is a vey nice touch! Thank you both for everything.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2541369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Rodriguez was the best surgeon I ever encounter. He was very friendly, give me excellent information was very knowledgeable. He takes his time to discuss with you all that you knee to know and take the time to listen to you.
His approach to pain management post surgery is excellent. Been a nurse myself I was very familiar with various medication been used by other surgeon. Dr Rodriguez combination of medication was excellent and I did not need narcotic which I find amazing.
Fennifer is also a very nice person and very friendly.
Could not do ask for better service.
I recommended Dr. Rodriguez to several of my friends , only have praises for this surgeon.
Thanks a million .