Rate Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde

Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez-Elizalde's Ratings

I simply can't say enough about Dr. Rodrigues! I was admitted for a total knee replacement and the surgery was completed in under two hours. My experience was excellent. When I got to my room after surgery I was up and walking around. The nurse was terrified that I would fall and insisted I spend 24 hours in bed. Didn't happen. I was out walking the halls and visiting the coffee shop downstairs. Of course I used a cane but it was only for support. My knee feels great and physio says that after two days I am at the level they usually see after three to four weeks of therapy. Physio says it is normal to be able to move your lower leg about 20 degrees two days after surgery. I can move mine 95 degrees! I can only attribute this to the fantastic efforts and skills of Dr. Rodrigues and his staff. He is a down to earth, friendly man with a terrific sense of humor and possesses genuine humility. I highly recommend this physician. I couldn't have imagined the type of treatment I received or the speed of my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652617].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

I have had two full knee replacements with Dr. Rodriguez, I can not be more grateful for having him as my surgeon. I have a new lease on life, and no pain, I have no issues now, nor did I post surgery. This surgeon really has healing hands, an empathic heart, compassion and the desire to heal and help people. I wish other doctors, surgeons had half as much compassion as he does. I also found Jennifer to be kind, caring, very capable... and quick to respond to any form of communication. What a great team, I am so happy to be in their care! Within the third month after my second new knee, I was walking over 3km, pain free, and I could cut my grass, and clean my raised bungalow .... all in one day, whereas before surgery I could do one of these things every other day... as I was crawling up the walls with pain... as one friend said to me... It is so wonderful to have the fun, laughing carefree person you were back.... others asked if I had Botox done as I has so much less pain!... I knew I needed knee replacements, and though a candidate, due to my age, no other surgeon cared... Dr. Rodriguez did... and I have my life back! I promote him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery! Seriously, he is that Gifted!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2646700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

Saw this guy at Medcan. They should really stop running an assembly line as we pay a lot of membership dues. Or at least do your homework before hiring. This doctor knew very little about new treatments, was in a rush and did not seem to care what my needs were. Horrible experience and thumbs down to Medcan.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2597095].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

About a year ago I had my left knee replaced by Dr Rodriguez. The experience was the best that there could be! So much so that when it can time to have the right knee replaced, they laughed in the operating room because I ran and jumped onto the operating table-
knowing the good hands I was in, and that I had no cause to worry. I was doing everything normally after only 6 weeks post-op. What a pleasure to be pain-fee for a change! My recovery was so quick and easy that I didn't even have time to say hi to Jennifer before it was over!
So I am saying "HI" to Jennifer now. Thanks for the get-well card from the office, anyone that needs a good orthopaedic surgeon should looks elsewhere, only look here if you want the very best of the best!
Thanks again to Dr. Rodriguez & his staff for giving me quality of life.

George

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Rodriguez. His concern , care and patient interaction was superb. His diagnosis of my problem and subsequent surgery (in a timely fashion) was beyond anything I had hoped for. He explained all procedures to me very carefully and was very caring during my time waiting for surgery. He responded to my Emails and answered all questions that I had.

The surgery itself went without a problem and my recovery time from a total hip replacement was remarkably short. I played golf quite quickly after the operation.

Jennifer, in his office , is very friendly and takes care of patients in a vary caring and efficient manner.

In summary, I recommend Dr. Sebastian Rodriguez to all. His competence and his surgical technique are the best. He is very good at what he does. Be assured , he and his staff will take wonderful care of you!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

I was referred to Dr Rodriguez by my family physician who knew him at medical school where she said he was a brilliant student. I was taken aback at our first meeting when he advised that I should have a total hip replacement; I had been experiencing little real pain. However, after he showed me that the x-ray revealed that i had almost no cartilage left and we discussed the pros and cons of early surgery (the condition was only going to deteriorate and why not resume full physical activities sooner rather than later), I was satisfied that surgery now was the right course for me. I very much appreciated the time, care and good humour with which Dr. Rodriguez discussed the issues, and assured me that he was "pretty good" at what he does!. Three months later I was offered a surgery date, which I could not take up, but a slot came up a month later. This is very timely treatment! The surgery went without a hitch, and not having a general anaesthetic was great. Dr Rodriguez checked up on his post-surgery patients in Humber Regional on Sunday morning, I was up and about quickly and discharged after 3 nights. I was frustrated at times that, despite religiously following the physio routines, the recovery did not go as quickly as I hoped; progress is not always in straight line! However, after ten weeks I had recovered nearly all my pre-arthritis mobility, and have resumed all my previous activities (except running) without any problem at all. The follow-up appointments with Dr Rodriguez were always informative. In short, I was delighted with my experience. Dr Rodriguez is obviously a very good surgeon, and a caring person who puts patients at ease, provides lots of information and takes the time and trouble to answer all questions -- all with a very light touch and humour! If (God forbid!) I were to require surgery on my other hip or my knees, I would make my way back to Dr. Rodriguez. I can assure prospective patients that with Dr Rodriguez you will be in very good, capable and patient-friendly hands. Last but not least, he and Jennifer run a very efficient and friendly office. I very much appreciated receiving the get well card that they sent on my return home; that is a vey nice touch! Thank you both for everything.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Rodriguez was the best surgeon I ever encounter. He was very friendly, give me excellent information was very knowledgeable. He takes his time to discuss with you all that you knee to know and take the time to listen to you.
His approach to pain management post surgery is excellent. Been a nurse myself I was very familiar with various medication been used by other surgeon. Dr Rodriguez combination of medication was excellent and I did not need narcotic which I find amazing.
Fennifer is also a very nice person and very friendly.
Could not do ask for better service.
I recommended Dr. Rodriguez to several of my friends , only have praises for this surgeon.
Thanks a million .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2539254].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

Sebastion Rodriquez was the most friendly ,helpful and knowledgeable dr. I have been to.
You never feel rushed , he makes sure you understand everything and has no problem answering all your ?..
He is definitely going to become one of the most sought after surgeons
I had two hips done with him
I recommend him to everyone who asks
Jennifer is a pleasure to deal with and the process is mades so easy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539074].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

I had both hips replaced by different Doctors. My experience with Dr. Rodriguez was unbelievable. He was very patient and understanding of my fear of another surgery. Both he and Jennifer went above and beyond to help and advise me of everything I needed to know before and after surgery. I have no pain or any complaints since the surgery. It was amazing. I have already recommended Dr. Rodriguez to a friend for a hip replacement. I think that says it all . He is the Best

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2538857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2014

My husband had surgery with Dr. Sebastian after he broke his femur. The metal pieces he used did not work and we had to go to another surgeon to get it changed. We found him to be very personable but rushed. He seemed a bit arrogant when he explained to us that it was not his fault the metal didn't work for the fracture. I had a knee surgery done at the same hospital with another surgeon so I am familiar with this hospital. We live in Red Deer. We were on holiday visiting family when this happened. It was very difficult to get a hold of him as the secretary did not ever answer the phone and we had to leave many messages. So that is mainly why the rating is not perfect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2472976].votes_count ]]