Rate Dr. Donna Tabas

Dr. Donna Tabas's Ratings

I'm grateful I had Donna Tabas as my midwife. She had provided not only exceptional professional care but had also given her personal emotional support that made me feel so comfortable and secure throughout my pregnancy and childbirth experience.
Donna is a truly dedicated to her work midwife who takes her duty of delivering a baby "safely into mother's arms" as one of the most important purposes of her life.
She is a strong advocate of natural birth and that is primarily why I've chosen her. My expectations were satisfied completely. I had a safe and joyful journey through my pregnancy and birth with Donna always being there for me. No doctor would ever take such care of me as Donna did. She provided the best care possible for me and my baby. I will forever be thankful to her for that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2610137].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 7, 2014

I had the absolute pleasure of having Donna as my midfwife. I have never had such a caring health care professional. When I first got pregnant, I was in the care of an OB. But after meeting Donna, I immediately switched my care because of her extensive knowledge and passion for her patient's care and well being. Donna's most important trait as a care provider is listening to her patients needs and truly following through with their needs/desires. I would recommend Donna to every pregnant person I know. I had the most memorable birth experience and it was all because of Donna!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2522544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2014

As a birth doula, I had a chance to experience Donna at work first hand in the delivery room. She is amazing!! She was caring, compassionate and very accessible throughout the labor and delivery. Unlike other caregivers, who you only see at the pushing stage, Donna was present and providing personal care while the mother labored in the hospital. It was great to work with her as a team, ensuring that the mother-to-be achieve the birth experience of her dreams--a natural, un-medicated birth. I look forward to working with her again in the future! If you are looking for a midwife for your birth, look no further.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204379].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Shortly after our miscarriage, my husband and I were blessed to find out that we were expecting. I was fearful of changing practices and decided to stay with my ob gyn. However as my care progressed I knew that the practice of a midwife was more in line with my birthing plan. I then met Donna Tabas. What attracted me to her was her knowledge and professional experience but her warm and supportive spirit felt like home to us. Due to the anxiety and fear that I carried from my miscarriage, I had moments that were challenging but Donna understood and continued to guide me with patience and a gentle hand...always reassuring. Donna helped our family realize our dream of welcoming our daughter in a loving and gentle environment at Holy Name Hospital. She was our fierce advocate, our guardian, as well as our friend. I highly and undoubtedly recommend Donna Tabas.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I had an OB for my first son (and ended up being induced and had an epidural), and knew I wanted a different experience for my second. I could not have been happier with the care I received from Donna. She is warm, caring, but also professional. My in-home prenatal appointments with her were never rushed and often went over an hour. Donna also was with me just about every minute of my son's (completely natural) birth and supported me in ways I never imagined -- the kind of attention, caring, and support I never got from my OB. She treated me with respect, she listened to me, explained everything and answered every question. My family is now complete, but if I were to ever have another child, I would have Donna as my midwife again in a heartbeat. While I did have to pay $3,000, I received close to half of that back from my insurance company.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][139513].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

So thankful to have had Donna as our midwife! As a FTM it was very helpful having the extra time to spend with Donna discussing my pregnancy and planning for labor and delivery that you would never get with an OB. She was always available by phone or email for any question I had. She really makes it her priority to ensure both you and your partner are constantly informed about your pregnancy and that everyone is on the same page when it comes to your birth preferences. Once we had our baby she was still constantly available to us if we needed her. She was a great encouragement when I was struggling with breastfeeding and helped me to get back on track and now breastfeeding is a breeze and a success! She is truly a wonderfully caring and kind woman. Not to mention I loved delivering at Holy Name Hospital (private rooms!!!). She made pregnancy and birth a joyous and worry free experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139512].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2014

Donna Tabas was a miracle find for me. I was having such a hard time with my pregnancy and felt ignored by my GYN. I craved the one-on-one, intimate relationship that only a midwife can give. Not only was Donna quick to respond, but she was available at any time, day or night, with information, knowledge and even small chit-chat. She never rushed me out of her office and would even make home visits for appointments! I had the luxury of hearing my baby's heartbeat for the first time, at home, in my own bed. Thanks to Donna, I am able to describe childbirth using words such as romantic, intimate, relaxing, soothing, amazing and miraculous. I know she will work just as hard and be just as dedicated to YOU and your baby. She is definitely one of a kind! =)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Donna is a highly skilled, intelligent, kind, and thoughtful lady who was a key ingredient to my natural intervention-free & epidural-free births. I had very positive birth experiences and highly recommend her. Not only does she offer house visits (soo helpful in the latter months when schlepping around is more challenging), she never rushes you during appointments, and provides way more information and guidance than an OB/GYN would.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 18, 2014

Donna is extremely knowledgeable, attentive, and responsive. I can contact her any day of the week, at just about any time with a concern or a question. She is warm and caring, but also professional and thorough. I am using my out of network benefits with Oxford, so I'm unsure what the final bill will be after the birth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Donna Tabas is a rare professional ...she is super knowledgable and truly takes the time to learn about her patience. She is interested in knowing the entire health history of her clients and I highly recommend her. After one visit you know you are in good hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139508].votes_count ]]