Rate Dr. Katherine J. Lorand

Dr. Katherine J. Lorand's Ratings

I absolutely love Katie! I switched to the midwives at 32 weeks after being very uncomfortable with my OB and really wanting a natural delivery. I only saw Katie in a few of my prenatal visits, since appointments are split between her, Kim, and Sheila, who both are amazing as well. She was always patient with all of our questions and had great recommendations for natural remedies for my swelling. She was on call when I went into labor. She helped me through some of the worst parts of the pain and was also a great advocate when my nurse was trying to force me to stay in bed and attached the fetal heart monitor unnecessarily. In the end, I was so tired and getting worn down and chose to have an epidural against my birth plan. Katie never once suggested, but let me make the decision completely on my own and supported me 100%, which was vital for me, as I felt really guilty. If we have another child, I really hope Katie will be the one to deliver. Until then, I will only see the midwives!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139529].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Katie! She works together with other 2 midwives - Kim Anderson and Shiela Roth. and Katie is my favourite one, though Kim and SHiela are great midwives too. I had my prenatal visits with them and Katie delivered my baby. I always felt very comfortable during all my visits. SHe is very knowledgeable and explains every little detail to you and its' very easy to understand what she is talking about. I felt like she really cared about me - on a personal level, which is very iimportant. SHE and her team made every effort for me to have my baby naturally, but after being in the hospital for almost 36 hours i had to have a c-section. It was very emotional for me, because i really wanted to have my baby naturally. Katie was super supportive! I Would recmmend her to everybody!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][139528].votes_count ]]