Rate Dr. Ayesha Asher

Dr. Ayesha Asher's Ratings

WORSE doctor I have ever had in Calgary!!! She did a pap test for me and I have never had one that was more painful. she was very rude and inconsiderate about hurting me either. Also, wanted me to pay $150 for a form to be off work for 2 days - prescribed me medication that made be extremely drowsy and wanted me to continue working I DRIVE A CITY VEHICLE FOR WORK!!!!

Submitted Sept. 10, 2014 | flag

I see there are mixed reviews about Dr. Ayesha Asher. I am talking about the doctor that works at the Wellpoint health center, in Chapparal, Calgary. I have been with Dr. Asher ever since I came to Calgary, which was almost three years ago. Initially when I was looking for a family physician, I had read mixed reviews about her and was skeptical going to see her. But since, she was the only female family physician taking new patients at that time, I took a chance. And I am glad I did. She is not like an amazing doctor that will do magic tricks or something, but she is a decent one. She talks quite nicely and listens to concerns. I asked her to refer me to some specialists and she considered my requests right away , also referred us to an amazing pediatrician. Having recently starting to expect, I went to her for my first prenatal. She spent half an hour comfortably explaining everything to me. I also had prepared a page of questions and she answered them all one by one. I think she does an amazing job. She is calm and cultured. The punctuality of the clinic is also amazing. Never have had to wait. I would highly recommend her.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

We have been with Dr. Asher for more than 3 years, we are a family of four.we found her very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Always on time and we never had to wait to see her at the same time we have never felt rush when we have seen her.I always get a call from the receptionist if the the doctor will be late for my appointment even if it is half an a hour. Every time we visit her she always inquirers about the rest of the family.I highly recommend Dr.Asher to anyone looking for a great family doctor.

Submitted July 25, 2014 | flag

Reading the reviews on Dr Asher is like looking at reviews for two different doctors. I have been seeing Dr Asher for 3 years and I have found her to be extremely knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Her new office is always on time and I have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to see her. When my mother needed a GP I brought her to see Dr Asher and was so glad I did. She has complicated health issues and has to see a few specialists and she needed a GP to keep everything straight. Dr Asher has shown to be compassionate and understanding. She has referred us to specialist when needed. We have never felt rushed when we have seen her. I really enjoy her friendly attitude and as I said before find her very knowledgeable (provided some great advice on my vertigo and was well aware of a unique skin condition that my mom had). I have always been able to make as appointment quickly as well. If you are looking for a new doctor, meet her yourself and trust your judgment.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Asher for several years; She is patient and kind. She is willing to listen to my concerns and she has referred me to several great specialists when needed. Recently, due to my pregnancy, I have been seeing a variety of doctors at a maternity clinic. Having come into contact with numerous other doctors, I now realize just how much I appreciate Dr. Asher's approachable manner. I can't wait to return to her as my family doctor after my delivery... I have recommended her to friends who needed a competent family doctor and will continue to do so in the future. Her staff is excellent with following up on appointments and test results. My wait time to se Dr. Asher is minimal.

Submitted July 14, 2014 | flag

Asher is the worst doctor I have ever seen. We took our son into see her for his 2 month check up and she accused my husband & I of being bad parents and said our son is obese. She was so rude that I left her office in tears. I will NEVER EVER go to her again and I do not recommend her to anyone!

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Asher is rude and unprofessional. She is short and abrupt when speaking to patients, and seems to be rushing through appointments. She showed no concern or interest in the issues presented, she will not refer you to a specialist or for additional testing, even when specifically requested. I will not be seeing Dr. Asher again.

Submitted June 17, 2014 | flag

Dr. Asher is kind but rushes and does not seem very thorough. She spends more time on her computer than looking at and speaking WITH the patient. Her receptionist is rude. The receptionist came over to myself and my daughter (sitting in the waiting room with another patient beside us) and asked me why we wanted to see the doctor. I had to explain in front of another patient that my daughter had a rash and sores all over. We should have been asked to come up to the reception desk to respect the patients privacy. Dr. Asher was standing behind the reception desk when I went up to the receptionist and told her I was leaving as I felt what she had done was unprofessional. Dr. Asher didn't say a word. No follow up from her at all. We feel like numbers here and will be leaving this clinic. It is a shame that staff treat people with such disrespect.The clinics have signs every where about respecting staff…it needs to go both ways.

Submitted May 3, 2014 | flag

Dr Asher is an excellent doctor. She can always make time for you and is very apporachable. I have never been disappointed or had to wait to see her. She has provided excellent advice to me.

Submitted April 11, 2014 | flag