Dr. Ayesha Asher

5 1 3.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Ayesha Asher

Dr. Ayesha Asher's Ratings

I'm shocked by some of the reviews here. My appointments are always fast because we don't shoot the breeze or linger when nothing's wrong. I don't find her cold, just efficient. And she's a great doctor. She was completely nonjudgmental about my mental health and bisexuality-related issues, but I'm most pleased by her handling of my chronic pain. She asked good questions, was thorough with labs and testing, and is working with me on a fibromyalgia diagnosis and treatment, which isn't taken seriously by many doctors. I feel very lucky to have her as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2810275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

If you are looking for a new physician or are new to Calgary, don't even bother. Dr Asher is the worst physician. When I went in for my first appointment, which was described as a meet and greet, she simply sat behind a laptop, asked two or three questions and dismissed me. She gives the impression that you are wasting her time and cares very little about your health. You basically have to go in there knowing exactly what you want. She will give you little to no advice or information, so if you are looking for help, you are out of luck. After having a physical/pap with her, I left the office feeling horrified and ashamed. She refused to help me with early breast cancer screening and scolded me when I wanted to switch my birth control from the shot to the pill.
I am posting this because I want to save women from wasting their time. It is alarming to see a female physician which such disregard for women. Wait for something better.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2790836].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 28, 2015

Had only gone a few times. Her bedside manner is terrible but I figured if she was a good doctor I could overlook it. Now I know why it's empty in this clinic. Went in for test results regarding my RA. She didn't even read the report from my specialist or have my past results to compare. Then had the nerve to give me heck for taking herbs my acupuncturist recommended saying I didn't know what I was taking. Had she read the report she would know what I was taking. All she cared about was pushing narcotic pain meds that would cause me to lose the position I have at work. I will now be driving an hour away to go to my sisters doctor. Do not bother with this doctor. Better to wait and be without.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2742961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Asher has been attending our family for 4 years and we feel very lucky to have found her. She is kind, patient, knowledgeable, and very sensitive to individual needs. I find her to be well informed of the latest research in both pharmacology and mental health (my area of expertise), and is especially skilled in working with babies and toddlers. She has been taking care of our little one for two years now and has done better than the ER docs that saw him previously.
Dr. Asher is very accessible and her staff is prompt in following direction from her and providing letters or returning phone calls. Dr. Asher instills confidence with her patients by demonstrating both medical knowledge as well as an understanding of the human conditions. I recommend her to any family that is looking for a respectful, knowledgeable and caring doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Asher for 3-4 years now and we have nothing but great things to say about her. Kind, thorough, intelligent, well spoken. She doesn't take chances and referred us to more then one specialist when needed. Completely satisfied with care received by this family doctor. Planning to go to her long term! I find some of these negative reviews really hard to believe based on the care that my family has received.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2673801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Dr. Asyer is the WORST doctor I have ever had. Sorry but it is true. She has no bed side manners, has no enthusiasm, nor does it seem like she is very happy to be doing what she does. It seems as though being in her presence as a patient is a disservice to her. She is very cold, and as mentioned by another person below you have to be your own advocate for your health. Before getting pregnant I asked if having an imbalanced thyroid could cause issues in getting pregnant. She said there is a possibility, so I pushed for blood work to be done she declined because I would have to go in AGAIN for a physical first then a requisition would follow. (she was also annoyed by my questions and my wanting to know about my health) After that meeting I got pregnant shortly after and went to her to FINALLY obtain a requisition for blood work. A week later got a call back from an unprofessional nervous young lady who told me to come in for my blood work results. I asked her if it is an emergency if not I will come in as a walk in because they are not open on weekends and I am a full time employee with no holiday time left and my sick days are being filled up with my new baby doctor. The girl said that is fine and I could go in as a walk in because it’s not an emergency. Today (one week later from that last call) I get another call back from the same young lady regarding my blood work and said I have to redo my blood work! I got confused with the second phone call and asked to speak to doctor Asyer. I asked how my blood work was and she said fine, but because I know her to be in another world and seems to be an unhappy person I asked individual question, “so, my iron levels are fine?” “so, my thyroid is fine?” Her response is “oooh actually let me bring up my laptop… your thyroid is off and I need to subscribe you medication! This is just the tip of the ice burg of her whole attitude towards her clients and being a doctor. Sorry Dr. Asyer but you lack integrity and passion for your work and we, your clients, pay for that. FYI all the good comments seem to be defending all the negitvie ones about her which I find fishy. And if thoes positive comments are true then Dr Asher is very selective on who she is going to have patience for and respect!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2665630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

I had to take my mom to a walk in this nov. 2014 as she is visiting us from India and she was having a lot of problems because of cold temperature. Before going for walk I did read about all teh doctors in Wellness poin chaparral valley and I was surprised that there too many bad reviews about Dr. Asher, but still I still didn;t mind to take my mo to her as she was the only doctor taking walk in that day. I would liek to clarify that she was extremely nice and patient. She explained the cause and effects of mom's situation and just because it was Friday she also told us to take precautionary medicines if things get really bad over the weekend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I'm still a bit unsure about Dr. Asher. She is extremely punctual and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes which is AWESOME, but she does seem a bit rushed and you may need to really stand up for yourself and be an advocate for your own health. For example, I had to almost beg her to do a physical for me (my last one had been over a year prior) she agreed but seemed annoyed and said that it was only needed every 2 years. After that appointment I let 2 years pass as I had no concerns, she then told me it is called an "annual" for a reason, and annual means yearly! I was a bit taken back, but let it slide.
A year or so later I did have some concerns, she told me to book another appointment for a physical. When that appointment came she said it did not need to be done as it was only needed every 2 years! I thought I was going crazy. I was a bit overwhelmed at the time and just left, but I should have confronted her for clarification. It was frustrating to say the least! She obviously had not read her notes from the prior appointment.
That experience aside she has been pleasant enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

I moved to Calgary one year back in Winter. Due to cold and dry weather I was suffering from eczima, on one of my friends suggestion I and my fmly registerd ourselves with her. At first meetingn only she made me feel very comfortable, and gave me few tips, told me dos and donts. Immediately in d next appointment she started d treatment and it worked and gave me a grate relife. She herself referred me to a good dermetologist. Since, for some reason I was out of town I missed d first appointment, but without any frowns she resent d mail and get me another appointment. Now I m almost on d verge of getting totally cured. I and my fmly find her very concerned, compassionate, punctual, decent, softspoken, friendly in other situations too. I feel very fortunate to have such a nice family Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr Asher is a great Dr. She's been very helpful with my mom being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year & then with myself just a short while after. She's kind & compassionate & always gives us the time we need. She does not rush through her appointments. Would recommend her & have recommended her to family & friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588961].votes_count ]]