Rate Dr. Ayesha Asher

Dr. Ayesha Asher's Ratings

I had to take my mom to a walk in this nov. 2014 as she is visiting us from India and she was having a lot of problems because of cold temperature. Before going for walk I did read about all teh doctors in Wellness poin chaparral valley and I was surprised that there too many bad reviews about Dr. Asher, but still I still didn;t mind to take my mo to her as she was the only doctor taking walk in that day. I would liek to clarify that she was extremely nice and patient. She explained the cause and effects of mom's situation and just because it was Friday she also told us to take precautionary medicines if things get really bad over the weekend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2651535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2014

I'm still a bit unsure about Dr. Asher. She is extremely punctual and I have never had to wait more than 15 minutes which is AWESOME, but she does seem a bit rushed and you may need to really stand up for yourself and be an advocate for your own health. For example, I had to almost beg her to do a physical for me (my last one had been over a year prior) she agreed but seemed annoyed and said that it was only needed every 2 years. After that appointment I let 2 years pass as I had no concerns, she then told me it is called an "annual" for a reason, and annual means yearly! I was a bit taken back, but let it slide.
A year or so later I did have some concerns, she told me to book another appointment for a physical. When that appointment came she said it did not need to be done as it was only needed every 2 years! I thought I was going crazy. I was a bit overwhelmed at the time and just left, but I should have confronted her for clarification. It was frustrating to say the least! She obviously had not read her notes from the prior appointment.
That experience aside she has been pleasant enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2014

I moved to Calgary one year back in Winter. Due to cold and dry weather I was suffering from eczima, on one of my friends suggestion I and my fmly registerd ourselves with her. At first meetingn only she made me feel very comfortable, and gave me few tips, told me dos and donts. Immediately in d next appointment she started d treatment and it worked and gave me a grate relife. She herself referred me to a good dermetologist. Since, for some reason I was out of town I missed d first appointment, but without any frowns she resent d mail and get me another appointment. Now I m almost on d verge of getting totally cured. I and my fmly find her very concerned, compassionate, punctual, decent, softspoken, friendly in other situations too. I feel very fortunate to have such a nice family Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr Asher is a great Dr. She's been very helpful with my mom being diagnosed with cancer earlier this year & then with myself just a short while after. She's kind & compassionate & always gives us the time we need. She does not rush through her appointments. Would recommend her & have recommended her to family & friends.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588961].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Well what can I say about this doctor. I read her reviews but my mom needed a new doctor as hers retired. Took her to this doctor for the last year. She did not once do a physical check her over or do any blood work. My mom has Alzheimer's. I did all the talking. She carries her computer with her and moly stares at it. Have taken her 3 times in the last 6 weeks as mom was not feeling wheel and had sore back. Told her to take Tylenol. Took her again last Friday as she was so ill and had stopped eating. She took her blood pressure and said it was low and to monitor her. My mom was found unconscious 3 days later and rushed by ambulance where we were told she would not make it. My mom has ECOLI, pneumonia and a kidney and bladder infection. All could have been treated by a doctor by a simple blood test. I blame her 100%. She is the worst doctor ever and should not be practicing. Please find a doctor who cares and not one who is more interested in their computer then the patient.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2549596].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

WORSE doctor I have ever had in Calgary!!! She did a pap test for me and I have never had one that was more painful. she was very rude and inconsiderate about hurting me either. Also, wanted me to pay $150 for a form to be off work for 2 days - prescribed me medication that made be extremely drowsy and wanted me to continue working I DRIVE A CITY VEHICLE FOR WORK!!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2532035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

I see there are mixed reviews about Dr. Ayesha Asher. I am talking about the doctor that works at the Wellpoint health center, in Chapparal, Calgary. I have been with Dr. Asher ever since I came to Calgary, which was almost three years ago. Initially when I was looking for a family physician, I had read mixed reviews about her and was skeptical going to see her. But since, she was the only female family physician taking new patients at that time, I took a chance. And I am glad I did. She is not like an amazing doctor that will do magic tricks or something, but she is a decent one. She talks quite nicely and listens to concerns. I asked her to refer me to some specialists and she considered my requests right away , also referred us to an amazing pediatrician. Having recently starting to expect, I went to her for my first prenatal. She spent half an hour comfortably explaining everything to me. I also had prepared a page of questions and she answered them all one by one. I think she does an amazing job. She is calm and cultured. The punctuality of the clinic is also amazing. Never have had to wait. I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2497490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2469897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

We have been with Dr. Asher for more than 3 years, we are a family of four.we found her very friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Always on time and we never had to wait to see her at the same time we have never felt rush when we have seen her.I always get a call from the receptionist if the the doctor will be late for my appointment even if it is half an a hour. Every time we visit her she always inquirers about the rest of the family.I highly recommend Dr.Asher to anyone looking for a great family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

Reading the reviews on Dr Asher is like looking at reviews for two different doctors. I have been seeing Dr Asher for 3 years and I have found her to be extremely knowledgeable, friendly and professional. Her new office is always on time and I have never had to wait longer than 10 minutes to see her. When my mother needed a GP I brought her to see Dr Asher and was so glad I did. She has complicated health issues and has to see a few specialists and she needed a GP to keep everything straight. Dr Asher has shown to be compassionate and understanding. She has referred us to specialist when needed. We have never felt rushed when we have seen her. I really enjoy her friendly attitude and as I said before find her very knowledgeable (provided some great advice on my vertigo and was well aware of a unique skin condition that my mom had). I have always been able to make as appointment quickly as well. If you are looking for a new doctor, meet her yourself and trust your judgment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204483].votes_count ]]