Rate Dr. Hilton Ling

Dr. Hilton Ling's Ratings

I would highly recommend Dr. Ling to anyone seeking a heart surgeon. Dr. Ling has an excellent reputation, plus he`s a wonderful, caring, and dedicated man that interacts very well with his patients. He replaced my aortic heart valve and completed a single bypass for me during a surgery at St. Paul`s Hospital on January 9th of this year. The surgery was very successful and my recovery has gone very well. Dr. Ling visited me every day during my recovery in the St. Paul`s Cardiac Ward and gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I had which he then gave answers to, often with his wonderful sense of humor. I can`t say enough good things about Dr. Ling. I appreciate everything he has done for me and thank him very sincerely for helping me to extend my life by many years. I feel blessed to have been a patient under Dr. Ling`s wonderful care.

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Ling performed my second replacement aortic heart valve in 2000 replacing a porcine valve that had lasted for 17 years with a bovine valve (which he suggested should last even longer.) The recovery was as quick as these things can go, no complications, no drama. He is extremely easy to discuss alternative technologies with, will provide honest and straightforward assessments of long-term expectations, as well as a gifted surgeon. My father was also a gifted skilled surgeon, after speaking with several friends who work in the cardio recovery wards, Dr. Ling's reputation is UNQUESTIONED; his patients come through recovery with the least amount of complications discomfort due to his excellent surgical technique. I am able to live a productive and normal life without blood thinners, or extensive heart drugs and need to remind myself that I have had two life saving heart operations. I simply don't know what I'll do if I can't have him do my third (and hopefully) last valve.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ling performed an emergency aortic arch dissection repair on me in 1995, and in so doing saved my life. In so doing he extended my life an additional 17 years, hopefully with many more to come. He is an outstanding surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone having heart/circulatory issues.

Submitted June 10, 2013 | flag

1999 Dr. Hilton Ling performed quad CABAG on me using chest veins and one arm vein. I had an angiogram in October 2013 and the grafts are still 100% clear. Thank you Dr. Ling.

Submitted April 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ling preformed a quintuple bypass on me in 2004, all was successful without any problems. He took the veins out of my arm and with precision skill and attached the vein to my heart. All was perfect, he is a very skilled surgeon.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2013 | flag

Dr. Ling performeed 6 bypasses on me 4 years ago. An incredible feat and an incredible surgeon. Thank you soooooo much.

Submitted July 25, 2012 | flag

My recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery has been so quick and pain free. I can only think Dr. Ling's skill has made the operation go so well.

Submitted March 27, 2012 | flag

Dr. Ling is nothing short of amazing. He is consistently dedicated to his patients and families. He was born to do this.

Submitted March 20, 2012 | flag

Saved my dads life with 8.5 hour surgery , his aorta was so calcified Dr ling had to re route , and do a whole new surgery . Brilliant Dr.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2011 | flag