Rate Dr. Hilton Ling

Dr. Hilton Ling's Ratings

Dr. Ling spent approximately six hours in my chest cavity repairing severe damage caused by Endocarditis in October of 2014. This was my fourth Aortic valve replacement in 35 years and my third open heart operation. His technique was so exceptional, that after the revcovery period. My previously debilitating Ejection Fraction of 22% had been restored to 48-50% which took me from being a CHF patient on long-term extended care to being virtually unencumbered by my heart repair history. I can not say enough about his calm and confident manner and his skill as a surgeon, This was the second time Dr. Ling replace my Aortic valve, the second of my 4 valves was replace about 13 years ago, and again, my recovery time and over-all health was greatly improved by his precise and gifted approach.

On this last episode, I had been basically give up for dead, most of the physicians who were working on my case told my relatives that I was not expected to survive, my liver, kidneys and other organs had begun to shut down as a result of the extraordinary complications from some repairs done in May 2014 and the endocarditis. I spent two months in the hospital and Dr. Ling visited with me every day, we often discussed the nuts and bolts of my case and he was articulate and straightforward in his answers to my concerns. It is a priviledge and an honor to be the recipient of his efforts, he is clearly the best at what he does and an excellent and sublime human being.

A very grateful patient...my only hope is that he will be practicing long enough to replace the current valve when it wears out in 14 years or so...If not, I would certainly seek his advice as to the next heart surgeon I engage for that procedure.

Dr. Ling was recommended to me by my first Heart Surgeon an equally gifted if not a bit taciturn Dr. Ian Munroe, Dr. Monroe's counsel was that Dr. Ling would be his choice for his own heart valve replacement should he need one. I don't think recommendations come much higher than that.

BB

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2683004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2015

I am a physician referring patients to Dr. Ling. I would like keep him forever. because he is exceptional in everything he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2680153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

Absolutely the best, he did my husband's triple bypass surgery in 1982 and after nineteen years, when every cardiac surgeon in Victoria said they could do nothing he took on the challenge and successfully performed a sextuple (yes, 6 bypasses) in 2001. My husband celebrated his 80th Birthday this year thanks to Dr. Ling, a miracle worker if there ever was one. You are in the best of hands with Dr. Ling, Many thanks for many quality "bonus" years and more to come.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr. Ling to anyone seeking a heart surgeon. Dr. Ling has an excellent reputation, plus he`s a wonderful, caring, and dedicated man that interacts very well with his patients. He replaced my aortic heart valve and completed a single bypass for me during a surgery at St. Paul`s Hospital on January 9th of this year. The surgery was very successful and my recovery has gone very well. Dr. Ling visited me every day during my recovery in the St. Paul`s Cardiac Ward and gave me the opportunity to ask any questions I had which he then gave answers to, often with his wonderful sense of humor. I can`t say enough good things about Dr. Ling. I appreciate everything he has done for me and thank him very sincerely for helping me to extend my life by many years. I feel blessed to have been a patient under Dr. Ling`s wonderful care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Dr. Ling performed my second replacement aortic heart valve in 2000 replacing a porcine valve that had lasted for 17 years with a bovine valve (which he suggested should last even longer.) The recovery was as quick as these things can go, no complications, no drama. He is extremely easy to discuss alternative technologies with, will provide honest and straightforward assessments of long-term expectations, as well as a gifted surgeon. My father was also a gifted skilled surgeon, after speaking with several friends who work in the cardio recovery wards, Dr. Ling's reputation is UNQUESTIONED; his patients come through recovery with the least amount of complications discomfort due to his excellent surgical technique. I am able to live a productive and normal life without blood thinners, or extensive heart drugs and need to remind myself that I have had two life saving heart operations. I simply don't know what I'll do if I can't have him do my third (and hopefully) last valve.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140186].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Dr. Ling performed an emergency aortic arch dissection repair on me in 1995, and in so doing saved my life. In so doing he extended my life an additional 17 years, hopefully with many more to come. He is an outstanding surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone having heart/circulatory issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

1999 Dr. Hilton Ling performed quad CABAG on me using chest veins and one arm vein. I had an angiogram in October 2013 and the grafts are still 100% clear. Thank you Dr. Ling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Dr. Ling preformed a quintuple bypass on me in 2004, all was successful without any problems. He took the veins out of my arm and with precision skill and attached the vein to my heart. All was perfect, he is a very skilled surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2013

Dr. Ling performeed 6 bypasses on me 4 years ago. An incredible feat and an incredible surgeon. Thank you soooooo much.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

My recovery from aortic valve replacement surgery has been so quick and pain free. I can only think Dr. Ling's skill has made the operation go so well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140181].votes_count ]]