Rate Dr. Rajeev Muni

Dr. Rajeev Muni's Ratings

I was referred to this doctor by my ophthalmologist and was very disappointing. He has a dismissive arrogant attitude and he made it feel like he was doing me a favour by seeing me as a patient. Part of patient care is being compassionate and treating the human being and not just the disease. He may be clinically competent (though who am I to make claim on that- I'm no doctor) but I can tell you he's an all around jerk.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I pray for Dr. Rajeev H Muni from the moment I open ,y eyes in the morning to everything I am able to see vividly now. I suffered Low vision for the last 10 years, The eye Surgeons back in Karachi were unable to make a proper diagnosis, hence money was wasted and finally I was told that I should learn to adjust.Luckily I got my immigration to Canada, october last year. It was a month later my Daughter-in-law asked me to accompany her for her yearly check-upby an optometerist. Incidently she checked my eyes and reffered me to a physician who reffered me to my Messiah.Three months later after Dr. MUni, my eye sight is completely restored. Dr. Muni is the greatest eye surgen. TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM. TRULY A GOD gifted Surgeon and a very fine young man,He is younger than my youngest son but I love him no less than both my sons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

Words cannot describe how grateful I am to Dr. Muni and his team. He repaired both of my retinas that were detached from diabetes. I was literally blind in both eyes and now I can see well after he operated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I was sent to dr muni with simultaneous detatchments in both eyes. He worked very hard to save my vision and continues to do so two years later. My right eye is now stable after schleral buckle surgery and left eye detached again recently and he has gone to great lengths to try and avoid similar surgery on that eye. Prepare for a thorough exam which may be a bit uncomfortable but keep in mind that he is being extremely thorough. Dr muni is extremely busy and may come off as impersonal, but he is extremely calm and confident which i appreciate. Just be prepared with all of your questions...he takes the time to answer but may not provide you with the a ton of detail without being asked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I wish I could report a successful experience, but I can not. I was referred by my optometrist who thought that there may be one retina hole. Dr. Muni examined me and told me there were 4 such holes/tears requiring laser surgery. Over two separate operations, he used an apparently low power laser in his office in an attempt to perform the surgery (which I found excruciating). Furthermore the later 2nd procedure caused blunt trauma to the eye surface to the extent I attended an emergency clinic where I was referred immediately to the resident ophthalmologist. Dr. Muni had advised me he had completed 2 of the "holes" and part of the third but various independent examinations found no 4th hole and because of "scarring" it was difficult to be sure there ever were 4 holes. I can accept his office persona of coolness and "distance" but I don't understand why he didn't first employ better equipment available to him at his Hospital affiliate,and avoid the eye surface damage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Muni is the best, did my surgery last year and he is very knowledgeable, beside manners was great. Took his time to explain the procedure before and after. My follow-ups was fantastic I was always comfortable with him and his staff was very attentive. Thanks to all of you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Muni is a first class doctor, having taken care of my cataract of my right eye. My right eye had more issues than a simple cataract operation. His team of assistant doctors are caring and professional as well. I would have written to them individually if I had their names. Yes, there is a long wait at the hospital but the number of patients there, one would easily understand why the doctors are super busy. I did not mind that they had little time for me but they took care of my eye and that was the main thing. Thanks again very much for the excellent work. I am sending a small donation to St. Michael's Hospital as a token of appreciation to Dr. Muni and his entire team. Zunn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

We were very disappointed our experience with dr muni. He was very rude and condescending. He seemed irritable and that we were wasting his time in asking him questions. I felt like he had a major god complex - sure we live in an OHIP system but doctors are treating people who are sick and come to them in a very vulnerable time of their lives. I would never recommend this doctor and wish we had more options in Toronto. I am looking for another specialist and heard good things about some others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140563].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2014

Dr. Muni is an exceptional doctor and he has such wonderful staff. I can't thank him and the the girls at the front desk enough for all their help and support. I've never seen such a dedicated team like this office. Wait time is long but worth the wait. Would definetly reccomend Dr. Muni to friends and family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2014

Dr. Muni is a great doctor, I do feel he should spend a bit more time with his patients and not seem like he is in a rush. His front staff girls do an outstanding job especially with their work load and high stress levels I can't thank them enough for all their help. I did call the office a few times and spoke to a male he didn't seem so helpful and seemed in a rush I rather speak to the girls they are much more nicer . I hope Dr. Muni appreciates the amount of work they do , those girls work 10-14 hours a day and eat on the run that is outrages doesn't he know they have a life too. Dr muni is an amazing doctor and I appreciate all his offices hard work he has saved my vision and has been continuing to save my vision with monthly injections and I can't thank him enough I would recommend him to everyone

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140561].votes_count ]]