Rate Dr. Rajeev Muni

Dr. Rajeev Muni's Ratings

I suffered a detached retina very suddenly just before Thanksgiving. I had no typical symptoms giving a forwarning. Dr. Muni had me come in late at night and performed magic! He is dedicated, precise and very professional. His technics are without reproach. While the waits are long as others have indicated, in my case, I would wait as long as needed rather than suffer the alternative. Loss of sight is not welcomed in my books ever.
He and his staff are amazing and should be praised at every opportunity. I highly recommend his services and applaude his staff for the great courtessies they provide.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I seen Dr. Muni today and I was happy with his service, he answered all my questions and concerns I had. He is very busy but it was worth the 5 hour wait. His staff is friendly especially a young lady name Kristina, she took the time explaining what was being done and is nice to all the patients from what I observed. I would recommend seeing Dr. Muni but he is overbooked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2546117].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

I pray for Dr. Rajeev H Muni from the moment I open ,y eyes in the morning to everything I am able to see vividly now. I suffered Low vision for the last 10 years, The eye Surgeons back in Karachi were unable to make a proper diagnosis, hence money was wasted and finally I was told that I should learn to adjust.Luckily I got my immigration to Canada, october last year. It was a month later my Daughter-in-law asked me to accompany her for her yearly check-upby an optometerist. Incidently she checked my eyes and reffered me to a physician who reffered me to my Messiah.Three months later after Dr. MUni, my eye sight is completely restored. Dr. Muni is the greatest eye surgen. TO KNOW HIM IS TO LOVE HIM. TRULY A GOD gifted Surgeon and a very fine young man,He is younger than my youngest son but I love him no less than both my sons.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 3, 2014

Words cannot describe how grateful I am to Dr. Muni and his team. He repaired both of my retinas that were detached from diabetes. I was literally blind in both eyes and now I can see well after he operated

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I was sent to dr muni with simultaneous detatchments in both eyes. He worked very hard to save my vision and continues to do so two years later. My right eye is now stable after schleral buckle surgery and left eye detached again recently and he has gone to great lengths to try and avoid similar surgery on that eye. Prepare for a thorough exam which may be a bit uncomfortable but keep in mind that he is being extremely thorough. Dr muni is extremely busy and may come off as impersonal, but he is extremely calm and confident which i appreciate. Just be prepared with all of your questions...he takes the time to answer but may not provide you with the a ton of detail without being asked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204534].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

I wish I could report a successful experience, but I can not. I was referred by my optometrist who thought that there may be one retina hole. Dr. Muni examined me and told me there were 4 such holes/tears requiring laser surgery. Over two separate operations, he used an apparently low power laser in his office in an attempt to perform the surgery (which I found excruciating). Furthermore the later 2nd procedure caused blunt trauma to the eye surface to the extent I attended an emergency clinic where I was referred immediately to the resident ophthalmologist. Dr. Muni had advised me he had completed 2 of the "holes" and part of the third but various independent examinations found no 4th hole and because of "scarring" it was difficult to be sure there ever were 4 holes. I can accept his office persona of coolness and "distance" but I don't understand why he didn't first employ better equipment available to him at his Hospital affiliate,and avoid the eye surface damage.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204532].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Muni is the best, did my surgery last year and he is very knowledgeable, beside manners was great. Took his time to explain the procedure before and after. My follow-ups was fantastic I was always comfortable with him and his staff was very attentive. Thanks to all of you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204535].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Muni is a first class doctor, having taken care of my cataract of my right eye. My right eye had more issues than a simple cataract operation. His team of assistant doctors are caring and professional as well. I would have written to them individually if I had their names. Yes, there is a long wait at the hospital but the number of patients there, one would easily understand why the doctors are super busy. I did not mind that they had little time for me but they took care of my eye and that was the main thing. Thanks again very much for the excellent work. I am sending a small donation to St. Michael's Hospital as a token of appreciation to Dr. Muni and his entire team. Zunn

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204536].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

We were very disappointed our experience with dr muni. He was very rude and condescending. He seemed irritable and that we were wasting his time in asking him questions. I felt like he had a major god complex - sure we live in an OHIP system but doctors are treating people who are sick and come to them in a very vulnerable time of their lives. I would never recommend this doctor and wish we had more options in Toronto. I am looking for another specialist and heard good things about some others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][140563].votes_count ]]