Rate Dr. Abiola Babalakin

Dr. Abiola Babalakin's Ratings

Dr Babalakin is a Psychiatrist and after reading the rating comments all I have to say is she works with the Mental and Behavioral ill population.
Psychiatry is a Specialty Practice, appointments are scheduled out 30- 90 days. If you do not show to an appointment, you will have to keep checking for a cancellation. I have NEVER had a doctor of any kind call in any medications, and my oldest child over 30 years old. As for the father that lives out of state and wants to speak to a Dr regarding a child. HIPAA laws are to protect us from our health information being shared, I would be grateful that a doctor did not disclose my health info over the phone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

The doctor and staff were not cooperative in sending the medical records of my daughter to Social Security. The worse experience I've ever had with a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141237].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

Great folks. Quite literally instrumental in saving my life and preserving quality of life for my children. Dr. B and Lisa were just incredible. Highly recommend them to anyone struggling with addiction or any other mental health issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

The staff were nice but they didn't know what they were doing and they had me waiting for a long time. I went to see doctor B once and she was very rude! I have thick skin so I could handle her attitude but she disclosed private information to my mother WITHOUT MY CONSENT (or warning) and thought nothing of it. I should report her. She's lucky she still has a license!! I refused therapy from her or any of the other doctors and I would NEVER recommend their services. It defiantly did more harm than good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141241].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Definitely a 9-5 doctor. My family member had been seeing her for over a year. when things took a turn for the worse I sat in on sessions with my dad and Dr B was very unhelpful. It wasn't until after the third session, and numerous calls to get assistance, that she gave me options for getting her help. one was to call 911 and they would call a 1013. She assured me that if I just tell them what is going on, they will take him to get help.when the police arrived they informed me they legally couldn't do that and that the doctor had misinformed me because they couldn't take him without a court order bc he wasn't violent.I tried several times too get in touch with her, since this was dr B's advice. she never returned my calls and had the staff respond to me. since the staff wasn't fully aware what was going on, they would give me advise that didn't pertain to my situation. I've never experienced a doctor giving wrong and illegal advice to the family's trying to help her clients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141240].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Dr. B is great however the staff us very unprofessional and are not sensitive to the needs of the patients i have been going a year.but i have been forced to go elsewhere because im dependent on medicaid transportation which caused me to miss my last appointment the dr usually works with me and is understanding however Maggy has informed me i can't come back unless i have 50 no show fee regardless of the fact im out of meds which i feel is personal because the fee is only 20 which is printed on the card it's very hurtful to lose a great dr due to money i don't have

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2013

Terrible Staff. Very rude. Untrained to be in a public service business. Much less the therapy business. You people are a joke!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Dr.Babalakin is WONDERFUL she has boundless compassion and makes you feel very comfortable. That being said her office staff leaves LOTS to be desired. I show up 10 min early and wait and wait and wait. Several times they made sure to take my co-pay but then forget to pull my chart, so no one knows I'm there! They have two locations and twice I was booked for an appointment on a day that the Dr. was at the other office. The last time this happened I even asked to make sure the appointment was booked at the correct office, I was assured it was, but it wasn't. If I didn't have such faith in Dr. B and her N.P. I'd look for another practice. Hopefully she can get the office staff more organized!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141233].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

My sister and I have both seen Dr B on an ongoing basis for over a year now. Our other sister committed suicide due to a chemical imbalance and traumatic childhood experiences. Dr. B is making great progress with our emotional journey to live a more balanced and accountable life given our genetic and environmental issues. I feel certain that it was divine intervention that we found her office when we did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2013

My 13 year old daughter went to see Dr. B and her evaluation lasted about 15 minutes thats when she turned her over to her staff and things got even worse. Her therapist were very rude and made my daughter feel worse than when she went in. Then her PA talked to her by herself and prescribed meds for her without talking it over with one of us when we asked her about it she said well I thought she was older she looks older. My opinion this place is there for one reason only money it is surely not patient care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][141231].votes_count ]]