Dr. Abiola Babalakin

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 02/11/11    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 21 reviews. Dr. Abiola Babalakin has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he take medicaid?    Email me    Answer it

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2770111
15/08/13 1 3 1 1 The doctor and staff were not cooperative in sending the medical records of my daughter to Social Security. The worse experience I've ever had with a doctor.
RID: 2755913
07/08/13 5 5 5 5 Great folks. Quite literally instrumental in saving my life and preserving quality of life for my children. Dr. B and Lisa were just incredible. Highly recommend them to anyone struggling with addiction or any other mental health issues.
RID: 2717794

24/07/13 3 1 1 1 The staff were nice but they didn't know what they were doing and they had me waiting for a long time. I went to see doctor B once and she was very rude! I have thick skin so I could handle her attitude but she disclosed private information to my mother WITHOUT MY CONSENT (or warning) and thought nothing of it. I should report her. She's lucky she still has a license!! I refused therapy from her or any of the other doctors and I would NEVER recommend their services. It defiantly did more harm than good.
RID: 2713206

19/07/13 4 2 1 1 Definitely a 9-5 doctor. My family member had been seeing her for over a year. when things took a turn for the worse I sat in on sessions with my dad and Dr B was very unhelpful. It wasn't until after the third session, and numerous calls to get assistance, that she gave me options for getting her help. one was to call 911 and they would call a 1013. She assured me that if I just tell them what is going on, they will take him to get help.when the police arrived they informed me they legally couldn't do that and that the doctor had misinformed me because they couldn't take him without a court order bc he wasn't violent.I tried several times too get in touch with her, since this was dr B's advice. she never returned my calls and had the staff respond to me. since the staff wasn't fully aware what was going on, they would give me advise that didn't pertain to my situation. I've never experienced a doctor giving wrong and illegal advice to the family's trying to help her clients.  Respond
RID: 2709697
16/07/13 1 4 4 5 Dr. B is great however the staff us very unprofessional and are not sensitive to the needs of the patients i have been going a year.but i have been forced to go elsewhere because im dependent on medicaid transportation which caused me to miss my last appointment the dr usually works with me and is understanding however Maggy has informed me i can't come back unless i have 50 no show fee regardless of the fact im out of meds which i feel is personal because the fee is only 20 which is printed on the card it's very hurtful to lose a great dr due to money i don't have  Respond
RID: 2677366
12/06/13 1 1 1 1 Terrible Staff. Very rude. Untrained to be in a public service business. Much less the therapy business. You people are a joke!  Respond
RID: 2638798
02/05/13 2 1 3 4 Dr.Babalakin is WONDERFUL she has boundless compassion and makes you feel very comfortable. That being said her office staff leaves LOTS to be desired. I show up 10 min early and wait and wait and wait. Several times they made sure to take my co-pay but then forget to pull my chart, so no one knows I'm there! They have two locations and twice I was booked for an appointment on a day that the Dr. was at the other office. The last time this happened I even asked to make sure the appointment was booked at the correct office, I was assured it was, but it wasn't. If I didn't have such faith in Dr. B and her N.P. I'd look for another practice. Hopefully she can get the office staff more organized!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2570542
26/02/13 5 5 5 5 My sister and I have both seen Dr B on an ongoing basis for over a year now. Our other sister committed suicide due to a chemical imbalance and traumatic childhood experiences. Dr. B is making great progress with our emotional journey to live a more balanced and accountable life given our genetic and environmental issues. I feel certain that it was divine intervention that we found her office when we did.
RID: 2548108
01/02/13 1 1 1 1 My 13 year old daughter went to see Dr. B and her evaluation lasted about 15 minutes thats when she turned her over to her staff and things got even worse. Her therapist were very rude and made my daughter feel worse than when she went in. Then her PA talked to her by herself and prescribed meds for her without talking it over with one of us when we asked her about it she said well I thought she was older she looks older. My opinion this place is there for one reason only money it is surely not patient care.  Respond
RID: 2494451
08/12/12 5 5 5 5 She is the best doctor ever she sees all my 3 children ! I will continue to appreciate her, her staff  Respond
RID: 2476079
16/11/12 5 5 5 5 While working as an Investment Counselor during August 2011 as a single mom of 3, I found Dr. B's very competent staff. I have been able to use the tools they have given me to manage my situation and balance my responsibilities.
RID: 2462823
31/10/12 1 3 5 5 Dr. Babalakin is WONDERFUL! Ive seen many doctor's over the years and Dr. Babalakin has been the only truly helpful doctor. She is compassionate and caring. The only drawback is her office staff,They are very disorganized. I showed up 15 min before my appointment, 45 min later I was still waiting. I asked at the desk only to find out she forgot to pull my chart. She apologized and said she would get me right back. 30 minutes later, I went back to the desk and found out she forgot to pull my chart AGAIN!! If it weren't for Dr. Babalakin I would have probably gone elsewhere.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 2427743
18/09/12 4 3 5 5 My family would not be doing as well as we are without Dr. B. Not only is she a great doctor but a wonderful spiritual support. My daughter and I have had a very rocky road to travel and Dr. B has guided and supported us all the way. In addition, the medication she prescribed my daughter has helped tremendously. We were also seeing a therapist in her office, that we temporarily left due to distance, but decided it was worth the extra mileage to see her - she is excellent as well.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 2427663
18/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Babalakin and her staff, are the most considerate and caring people. I came in with a six hear old son who was threatening to kill himself, hitting himself and hurting his 9 year old cousin. The previous 4 years he had been misdiagnosed with ADHD, OCD, ODD, ICD, GAD, and early onset bipolar disorder. Dr Babalakin told me all the above except the OCD was incorrect and my son was autistic. She out him on Abilify and he is now an amazing child! She has given me back my precious baby boy, and given me the tools to help him advance in life. Without her and her love and compassion. She genuinely has for children, my son would still be failing in school and hurting himself if not worse. I would recommend her and her staff to anyone and everyone. Thank you, Dr B! You saved my sons life and our family.
RID: 2425125
14/09/12 5 5 5 5 I can truly say that without the sincere care and concern of Dr. Babalakin, I wouldn't be alive right now. Dr. Babalakin is truly the best doctor I have ever worked with. I have extensive problems which resulted from a rape when I was 15, then recently my oldest son was murdered. I tried suicide & when I informed Dr. Babalakin she immediately took care of me. She has been a lifesaver for me. I am so grateful for her skills & knowledge & I am extremely grateful that she takes the time to PRAY with me when I visit her. She and I signed a contract stating that I would never attempt suicide again. Even though I have throught about it, I think about the contract we signed & therefore haven't attempted it again. Dr. Babalakin keeps me going. Just her genuine concern means more than anything. I am not just another patient. She TRULY CARES about EACH of her patients. Her staff is the same way. They are extremely professional, yet very caring. I thank God for them all. Dr. B gives me HOPE.  Respond
RID: 2406686
21/08/12 1 1 1 1 This is the worst doctor I've ever dealt with. I am a divorced dad and live in Demver and my children are in Georgia. I was told that if I ever want to speak with her i have to come in for an appointment. Yes, they confirmed I have to book a flight, rent a car (and hotel room most likely) and make an in-person appointment for the 3 minutes conversation I needed to have with her. DO NOT use this doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2156352

22/05/12 1 1 1 1 Dr.B seemed nice every time I met with her but didn't have much knowledge of the medications, starting me off on the wrong dose. Front office would go over a week before calling in pre auth, causing me to have to pay out of pocket 100's of $$.i had a glitch with my insurance & they would not work with me, I got it straightened but the Dr. had to do another pre auth and front office again lied saying they had called it in but didn't until Thursday & Becka after calling it in told me MEDICAID SAID I Didn't HAVE PHARMACY BENefITs when she had just called it in. Friday Medicaid said they were waiting for Dr.B to sign off and they would approve asking me to call Dr. office back,I called & Becka from front office told me Dr. B was not going to sign off & I had been released & hung up on me. Front office never gave the doctor my messages.My brother called in & Dr.B told him that she was afraid she was being flagged because they needed her Suboxone License# & she released me.MEDS$500 IMSCREWED
RID: 2154598
22/05/12 5 5 5 5 She is the best dr I have ever delt with and never gives out meds unnessary.
RID: 2000770

09/04/12 1 2 1 1 Horrible experience with this doctor. Went in for an evaluation that lasted only 15 minutes and cost $200. I tried to contact the doctor through the office and her email that was on her card to express my discontent with the quick evaluation, but never received a response. My prescription began to run low and after numerous attempts I finally got a follow up appointment that I was told would be free during my first appointment and over the phone. However, when I arrived they tried to charge me $50. When I tried to explain the monetary situation to the office manager, Dr. Babalakin said I was rude to the office manager and refused to see me again. After explaining that I still needed my prescription, she gave me a refill, then claimed that it was her right to refuse service to me from here on out. So, basically since I didn't feel my first evaluation was thorough enough and because I expressed discontent with their business practices, I was seen as a nuisance and told not to come back.
Paid (or co-pay): $200
RID: 1714311
15/02/12 2 2 3 4 Our first appointment,we were seen late by almost an hour.The office rushing to leave didnt write us the needed prescription,we had to drive back 33 miles the next business day to pick up the prescription.The next needed appointment was not scheduled during that visit,causing us to seek another doctors asssistance or miss taking behavioral medication, as they had no appointments available for 13 days and would not give a temporary prescription....very disapointed as they said this is "my job" and pretty much my problem/responsibility.
RID: 1577723
02/11/11 3 4 1 4 Dr. Babalakin is a nice person, and her office is very welcoming. She always tried to accommodate appointments when I first came in. However, I was on the same antidepressant for 2 years, then attempted suicide and was put in the mental hospital twice in a 2 month period -- She did NOT think I should try a different med. Also, 3 psychiatrists (one before the suicide attempt, and the other 2 from the hospitalizations) all thought I should be placed on a mood stabilizer. Dr. Babalakin said NO without even discussing my symptoms. The final straw for me was that I had 2 weeks of my medication left, so I called for an appointment. I was told she was booked completely full because she would be going out of town next week. Unable to get an appt. within the 2 weeks before I ran out of medication, I asked if she could call in a one or two week refill to keep me stable until I could see her. They said they would tell her my predicament and she would call me. She never called.
Insurance: CIGNA