Rate Dr. Harjinder Dhaliwal

Dr. Harjinder Dhaliwal's Ratings

I have been very happy with Dr Dhaliwal's treatment both before and after my surgery.
DougG

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I have had two appointments with this kind, knowledgable, specialist and to date can offer nothing but accolades. My surgery is booked for the end of September and I have no doubts about Dr. Dhaliwal's expertise. I will report again in a few months, in the meantime, I am sorry to see so many bad reviews as that has been a long way from my experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

I have seen him a couple of times and found him knowledgeable, professional and attentive to my needs. I was actually impressed that he did not rushed me out of the door as some doctors do. Rather he made sure that I had all my concerns and questions answered. I would recommend this doctor to anyone having issues with their eyes. Chris

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2473045].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr. Dhaliwal is a knowledgeable, professional ophthalmologist. I would recommend him for consultation and cataract surgery from experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr dhaliwal for a pseudo tumor of the lacimal gland and I met with him on numerous occasions. I found Dr dhaliwal to be a thorough professional. Extremely knowledgeable and well versed in his field.He successfully treated my condition and even reassured my parents during the course of my treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

My father has an infected tear duct and he has been very attentive and conscientious. He explained the procedures fully with rationale of why he is choosing one procedure over another. He has been diligent in checking on my dad's condition before his scheduled surgery. My experience has been very positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204684].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Wait times for cataract surgery are lengthy (over 6mths for the first and 3mths for the second). Followed the Drs suggestion to have lenses inserted at $200 per eye. Was told at my final exam that there was some debris that he would take care of in his office with the laser and then was sent back to the optometrist to get a prescription for glasses and a referral back to Dr. D for the laser surgery. I am hoping the trust I put in this Dr is warranted and the extra fee lenses are warranted and that I am not being shuffled back and forth btwn the two eye drs are not indicative of kickbacks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2204685].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2014

The work this man did on my eye is just appalling--I went in for a minor procedure (just needed cosmetic work on my eye) and not only was the doctor very inattentive to the removal of stitches afterwards, but he also gave me NO instructions for self-care. As a result, the swelling around my eye has not gone away and my eye looks MUCH worse than it did before. This man should have his license revoked.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2013

This doctor has incredibly ridiculous waiting times for cataract surgery! And with little or no explanation as to why one must wait over 6 months, nearly blind, unable to work! Is this just him or are all ophthalmologists in Vancouver area backed up like this? If he can't do the surgery quickly to restore your sight, why does he not immediately refer you to other qualified surgeons that CAN help you get your sight, and life, back? The receptionist's response that he is " a very busy man" doesn't cut it, but maybe the BC medical system has unbelievably bad planning for surgery that is very predictable in an aging population! In Ontario, the wait is often 2 just WEEKS and not 6-8 MONTHS! What a drain on the economy in BC! Maybe he is "a very busy man" and THAT is what makes him have such poor "bedside manner". But really. As busy as he is, he should learn to treat patients more responsively and respectfully. I'm just sayin'...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Not friendly at all. I had to make 3 visits to his office to get my Chalazion removed, and guess what he did not do it properly, as it is still there. Seems like he just wants to get more money by increasing no of appointments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142027].votes_count ]]