Rate Dr. Elaine Kung

Dr. Elaine Kung's Ratings

I was unpleasantly surprised that a medical 'professional' with such high credentials would behave in such a rude, condescending, unprofessional manner. Kung has no bedside manners, especially with young children. I took my son there as per our pediatricians suggestion to check out his extreme eczema condition. When we (my less than 18 month old son & I) arrived in her office, she didn't have gloves on, told me to assist in holding his penis and pushing back the foreskin so she could assess his condition (from a standing distance). I'm not looking to be buddy buddy with a doctor, however, I was an extremely worried mother who wanted to help her child. She also repeatedly spoke to my son as if he was 3 or older (You're so noisy and loud, why are you behaving like that, no one is hurting you, you need to quiet down). I can't even refer to her as a Dr. in this review because I don't feel she's earned it (as a human being, not whether she has the degrees to prove it)!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142305].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

I initially called Dr. Kung's practice to recieve my 1st appt.with her colleague Dr. Cunningham but seeing that Dr. C was totally booked for weeks and I was stressing myself out even more w/my sudden breakouts a staff member recommended Dr.Kung.So I scheduled..First let me say Dr. Kung was totally professional,confident & quiok to the point.She wasn't cheery,etc.but who cares?she KNEW how to SOLVE the problem.She does ask you if you have questions but will kinda rush you out of the office if she's busy. You just gotta find a way to keep talking if you have concerns and she'll listen.I'm Black/Latino & was concerned w/ finding a DR.who was extremely familiar with ethnic skin.She truly is.I told her what I was using &she recommended items based on skin,that were inexpensive bcuz she knew i had no insurance.She even took $ off bcuz of no insurance.She looked at my skin 30 seconds &told her asst.to write my script.I must admit she was so quick it made me a skeptic.6mnths since & pleased!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142304].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr. Kung is knowledgeable and friendly. She is current on cosmetic fillers and skin care. Great listening skills, does not try and push anything on you. Calm and friendly demeanor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

Very nice doctor. She is young and corky but knows her stuff. She didnt make me feel like i was a crazy person and the reasoning for my issues was stress like some others made me feel. She gave me hope and helped me with my scalp biopsy and some skin spots I had. The staff is pretty much nice and helpful for the exception of maybe one or two who dont work for Dr. Kung.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][142302].votes_count ]]