Rate Dr. Atiya H. Gopalani

Dr. Atiya H. Gopalani's Ratings

Dr Gopalani is a great doctor I like her very much! always helpful and her staff are very nice

Submitted Sept. 13, 2012 | flag

Both Dr. Gopalani and her staff are excellent. I have been a patient for 8 years. She is very professional and answers all my questions. Her nurse is also excellent. I truly can't imagine a better GYN in Montgomery County. Her office staff has been helpful and pleasant.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gopalani reported my HPV diagnosis to me in a very condescending manner and her comments essentially implied that I was "dirty" and "promiscuous" despite having only 3 partners by age 27. She neglected to tell me that over 80% of young women have some form of the HPV virus, so at that time I felt horribly embarassed, stigmatized and ashamed. Unfortunately the degrading experience didn't end there. I had to have an extreemly painful procedure done to address the visible traces of the HPV virus, which was burned off by applying acid to my genital region. There were no pain minimization efforts taken at all, yet I was actually chastized for crying during the procedure. I was told that I was making a big deal out of nothing. I still can not believe that I was not offered some type of topical numbing for such an excruciating procedure. I was told to take a Tylenol when I got home. I do not believe that my experience portrayed an acceptable way for a doctor to treat a patient.

Submitted March 9, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gopalani is an excellent doctor! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an OB/GYN in the MD area. I've been going to her for 9 years now and she has always answered my questions and made me feel more than 100% comfortable. She takes the time with each of her patients and I've never once felt rushed.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2009 | flag

Dr. Gopalani is wonderful. She was my OB for my pregnancies and she is warm and caring. She smiled every single time she heard my baby's heartbeat. She no longer delivers babies but she continues to have a very caring gynecology practice.

Submitted July 8, 2008 | flag