Dr. David A. Maroof

Rate Dr. David A. Maroof

Dr. David A. Maroof's Ratings

I am a second year university student. My first year went really bad, I couldn't focus in class, I didn't get the topics as quickly as my peers, and when it came to tests, even after multiple hours in the tutoring lab, I still couldn't finish my tests. So my first year program advisor told me to go get checked out, and that's where I met Dr. David A. Maroof. Dr. Maroof was able to identify and diagnose me within the first five minutes of talking to me, but just to make sure, he gave me a bearable amount of tests to test my brains processing speed, my ability to stay focused, among other things. He discovered that he was right and that I have a few learning disabilities. Together we where able to contact my schools disability services and now I am receiving more help and I'm doing alot better in school. Thanks to Dr. Maroof's help and quick work, I was able to get everything registered and done with in time for the new semester.

Submitted Sept. 11, 2014 | flag

“Exceptional” is the word to describe Dr. Maroof. I came to Dr. Maroof due to having severe memory loss, cognitive issues, ADD and Systemic lupus erythematosus; which are affecting my brain. From my first phone call to getting my test results and thereafter, Dr. Maroof has made sure he was available to answer all of my questions. He is very kind, punctual, patient and easy to talk candidly with. Although the test was long and at times difficult, Dr. Maroof made me feel at ease while administering it. I would highly recommend Dr. Maroof, as you will likely not find a better Neuropsychologist with the added bonus of being John Hopkins trained in the area. Thank you Dr. Maroof you’re the best!

Submitted June 25, 2013 | flag

Dr. Maroof is an awesome doctor he administrated my Adhd evaluation and it was a pleasure sharing 4 hours with him. He was very professional, funny and thoughtful.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2013 | flag

I was so pleased with my experience with Dr. Maroof. I was unsure and anxious about what was going to happen during my scheduled appointment and he made sure I relaxed during the entire visit. I was meeting a complete stranger and I knew within a few minutes that I had met an excellent doctor and individual. Because of that, I felt very comfortable and willing to speak honestly about my thoughts and concerns. He made sure all my questions were answered and he also must allocate plenty of time with each patient because he never rushed me or gave me an impression that he needed to move on to another patient. I will recommend Dr. Maroof every time I get an opportunity. I have also shared my experience with friends and colleagues, so I believe they will remember and come to me if they need a referral for someone they know.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2012 | flag

I went to Dr. Maroof for some testing to help confirm a diagnosis of ADHD from my primary care physician. I was quite surprised when upon reaching his office via telephone I was given his personal cell phone number to call instead. Dr. Maroof returned my call within minutes, explained some basic details about the testing and set up an appointment with me on the spot. At the appointment he was extremely personable, knowledgeable and helpful. He even got a few chuckles out of me! He went incredibly far in ensuring all of my questions were answered after the test. For my follow-up to go over my test results he was thorough and took time to explain each test, why it was done and my results. Also, he went well out of his way in finding highly-regarded psychologists for referrals, even going so far as to call the head of the Neuropsychology department from Florida Hospital to get recommendations. I would wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Maroof to any of my friends or family.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2012 | flag

From the first phone call I was very impressed with Dr Maroof. The number that I had was his number and when he aswerwed, I told him I was sorry and that I would call his office. He told me no problem that he would help me himself. I did not deal with or meet his staff so I can not rate them. I got his name from my insurance along with 4 other physicans and his name was the only one that I could find reviews on. The reviews were right on compared to my experience. He made me feel very comfortable and at ease and was very professional at all times. He has a great sense of humor and he made me laugh. I found him to be very quick to respond to any emails with answers to my questions everytime. I would recomend Dr.David Maroof without hesitation to anyone needing an AWESOME neuropsycologist.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2012 | flag

From the first phone conversation to the neurological testing, Dr. Maroof has been fantastic! He is caring, patient, takes his time, and made the whole experience very comfortable and stress-free. When dealing with any type of brain injury, he is the person to go to because he is very knowledgeable, understanding , friendly, kind, punctual, thorough, and has a great sense of humor, too! We highly recommend him!

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Maroof is the best psychologist in town. I had a neuropsychological test done for ADHD. He is approachable, friendly and on time. He also takes insurance, but you will have to talk to your insurance company to make sure that it's covered. Overall I'll give him an A+++

Submitted July 5, 2012 | flag

I thought that Dr. Maroof was excellent. He was friendly, approachable, and easy to work with. He was thorough and professional. He was willing to fully explain his findings in terms that non-doctors would understand. I am very confortable giving Dr. Maroof a strong recommendation.

Submitted June 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Maroof is great! He's is smart, super friendly, and super patient. I took my mom in for a cognitive eval. I have nothing but nice things to say about his professionalism and care. Don't know much about neuropsychology, but I'm sure no one can match his training (Johns Hopkins) and personality!! THE BEST.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag