Dr. Mahan Chehrenama

Alexandria, Virginia Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Neurologist
Website:
Practice: Capital Neurology And Headache Center, P.L.C.
Hospital:
Phone:703-212-0700
Med. School:Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 13/05/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 7 reviews. Dr. Mahan Chehrenama has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

13/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.6
RID: 3608877
18/11/13 5 4 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Chehrenama by another neurologist. She reviewed all data very thoroughly and came up with a new course of action. She explained everything in detail and has given me more information than all the other previous docs. I will definitely continue with her recomendations.
RID: 3591934
31/10/13 1 4 3 3 Dr. Chehrenama was pushing expensive tests in her office. However, she did not return my calls when I was trying to get my results back. After three weeks of my calling and leaving messages, another doctor called me and explained the results. When I came to follow up appointment with Dr. Chehrenama, she interpreted my results copmletely differently that the previous doctor. I am not sure who is rigt. She again ordered another expensive test and told me "Even if the test results come negative, I will put you on medication as if you have the diagnosis". The test was supposed to be conducted in her office. May be because of that she wanted me to have the test? As for the front office, it is another story. Chehrenama's nurse did not even check the phone messages, they loose the faxes that were sent from my primary phisician's office and MRI place. Front desk ladies are rude.  Respond
RID: 2555153
09/02/13 5 5 5 5 I felt like a patient pinball when I returned to Dr. Chehrenama's office. Two years AFTER she'd resolved another medical issue that had proved too tricky for other neurologists to handle. Following a period of better health, I contacted Lyme Disease and was treated by my family physician with the appropriate anti-biotics. After a few months, however, Lyme-like problems and an entirely new stream of symptoms appeared. This entailed excruciating pain(bone/joint/nerve), extreme exhaustion, muscle weakness, and balance difficulties. Lyme tests repeatedly negative. Was referred to one specialist after another: infectious disease doctors, rheumatologists, internists, and sleep study gurus. ALL to no avail. Out of sheer desperation, I went back to Dr. Chehrenama. Two months later, following two visits and a couple of focused diagnostics, she absolutely nailed the proper diagnosis. I now have hope, a viable treatment plan, and a chance to cope w/o uncertainty. Dr. Chehrenama is amazing!
RID: 2106161
03/05/12 5 5 5 5 Wow. She was great. I was referred to her after 3 other neurologists could not help me. Very professional and caring.
RID: 1742748
14/03/12 4 5 5 5 Wonderful bedside manner and very detailed evaluation. Definitely would recommend her.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1333619
11/01/11 5 3 2 3 She was quite condescending and pushed a multi-day sleep study on me (assuming I have narcolepsy, which I do not), and also an MRI for simple migraine. She also pushed BOTOX VERY HARD as they get to charge insurance companies a lot of money for this procedure. Saw her once, now looking for another doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1158452
27/04/10 5 5 5 5 She really helped me with my headaches. I had seen 3 other neurologists and they kept medicating me to mask the pain. But she helped me by treating the cause and I can live my life happy now. I think she is great.
* - Rating left by a registered user