Dr. Luke Werkhoven

Grad. Year:

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 09/08/06    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 8 reviews. Dr. Luke Werkhoven has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Optometrist-related: eye care, vision testing, eyeglasses, contacts
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 980473
04/09/09 5 5 5 5 the staff at Eye & Vision Care were helpful and caring. Dr. Luke Werkhoven was very professional and caring. I'm seeing great again. came recommended, I will recommend too.
Paid (or co-pay): $150
RID: 976462
31/08/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Luke Werkhoven is very patient and understanding of my case and continues to help me immensely. I've had a long long history of multiple eye problems and doctors since I was 2 years old. Now I've been seeing Dr. Luke for 7 years and everytime he has a little more encouragement or advise for my condition. At work now I have referred almost everyone on my shift to him and have my kids and husband see him too. We like his office and the staff always helps us get our new and old glasses fit and working great. Overall I find Luke Werkhoven, O.D. very kind and helpful for myself, and for my family and friends.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 972332
26/08/09 5 5 5 5 Great Doctor, I have been seen by Dr.Luke Werkhoven for 5 years now, great service, very professional and answered all my questions and i just felt he cared about my eyes. he has treated me for dry eyes i never had any other doctor mention a word of treating this, even after i mentioned the symptoms. VERY THANKFUL
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 899337
28/05/09 1 1 1 1 The staff was very unprofessional and negligent - they had no concept of protection of personal info & another man there was arguing over being overcharged. Dr. Luke Werkhoven was incredibly rude, pompous, and arrogant. He provided answers to my questions at the level one would answer a 5-year old, and said that "he and the American Optometric Association" said everyone needed to have their eyes dilated during an exam. All four of the other optometrists I have visited in my lifetime said that this is not true. Additionally, Dr. Werkhoven dilated my eyes then left me in the waiting room to pick out a pair of glasses, and totally ignored me. I was left in a VERY bright sunlit room without eye protection for an HOUR, while he 'waited for my eyes to dilate'. He never checked on me, and I had to wander back through the exam rooms to remind him I was still there. He had meanwhile moved on to help someone else and put me at the end of his queue. I ended up with a headache from the light.  Respond
RID: 768491
20/01/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Luke and his staff are very helpful. I am continually impressed with their friendliness and professionalism. I will never leave!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

05/10/08 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 693056
29/09/08 4 4 5 5 Helped me a lot when I had a painful scratch on my eye! Returned my phone calls promptly and sent me a follow up email regarding my concerns.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 380730
06/08/07 4 4 1 1 During the annual checkup Dr. Luke was very nice. Howver after seeing me, he did not believe me when I called to tell him that my prescription wasn't right. He proceeded to argue with me on the phone that it was right, even though I kept telling him my eyesight was blurry in one eye. He kept insisting that I would need to come in for a more thorough exam for another $80 that wouldn't be covered by my insurance. He would not listen to me about already having this problem in prior years and having it fixed by uping the contact by a quarter point - a possible solution for a slight astigmatism. He also didn't give me a trial pair of contacts with the new prescription, so I found this out after buying two boxes that I couldn't return. After 20 minutes on the phone he finally said he'd leave me a trial pair of the new prescription and abruptly hung up. The new prescription fixed the problem, and I found myself a new doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $60
RID: 40115
09/08/06 5 5 5 Dr. Luke spent extra time to answer my questions and explained things in a very easy to understand manner. Then he went on to ask me if I had any further questions, or if he needed to clarify any of his explanations, or if there was anything else he could do for me, while I was there. Very efficient and uses time wisely. The staff was informative and politely attended my needs from the time I walked in to the time I left. Very pleasureable experience.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield