Dr. Mutahar Fauzia

Grad. Year: 1979

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 03/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 61 reviews. Dr. Mutahar Fauzia has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: is she speak Arabic or?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Please is she speak arabi?    Email me    Answer it
Q: Does she accept medicaid?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3627113
07/12/13 5 4 5 5 Dr.Fauzia is a very knowledgeable doctor. She is a wonderful woman. I am thankful to have found such a great doctor. She treats you like her own family member and makes you feel very comfortable. She is probably the first doctor I have ever met who strongly believe in prayers and God. She is very humble And polite. She is a very hard working lady. She works late hours and also on weekends which is very convenient for me and my work schedule. She treated me as I was her only patient and gave me enough time to answer all my questions. Unlike other doctors she is never in a rush although her waiting room is always filled with patients. May God bless her and May All Doctors be like her.  Respond
RID: 3595870
04/11/13 5 4 5 5 This is a kind, attentive, humble but very knowledgeable doctor. Sometimes you might have to wait a bit for your turn to see her, but once you are with her she will give you all her time and attention. All healthcare should be exactly what this doctor offers you: personal, attentive and customized. Don't see this doctor when you are in a rush. See her only if you want to get to the roots of your problem and a to reach a customized solution. Do not be shy to ask her about possible causes, alternative solutions and outcomes. She is as eager to learn as she is to teach. Don't let her conservative appearance prevent you from communicating openly with her. She is both open-minded and respectful of differences in opinions. She is knowledgeable in a wide range of health issues for women.
RID: 2889556
01/10/13 5 5 5 5 She's fabulous-very comforting, very thorough, very friendly, kind and compassionate person.I really appreciate her honesty and sincerity. She is always kind with all her patients. We completely trust her for everything she do. She gave her personal phone number and i call her in case of emergency and she reply with utmost patience with care. As a hospital staff her husband always explain me all the lab reports in such a detail version to be taken care of. I highly recommend her to everyone who are searching for good care gynecologist.
RID: 2350864
11/07/12 5 4 5 5 The most amazing thing about Dr. Fauzia is that she is committed to being there for you on your delivery day, no matter what. I have never seen another doctor make this commitment to her patients. She is very thorough, rather than just taking 10 minutes with you to measure your belly and quickly check your baby's heart beat, she monitors your baby's heart beat for several minutes and also does an ultrasound (herself) each visit to make sure nothing is missed. If you want just on-time, quick visits, then she is not the doctor for you. If you want extra attention for yourself and your baby, she should be your top choice. My baby's weight was a little bit of a concern and I was having premature contractions, so at one point she asked me to call her daily on her cell phone to check in, and had me coming in 2-3 times per week, just to make sure my baby was safe and healthy.
RID: 2156886
22/05/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Fauzia is simply a WONDERFUL and VERY skillful doctor. • She gave us her cell phone number at the very first visit and told us to cal her ANYTIME even at 3am if we have any question or worried about anything” How many doctors you know does that? “ • She has flexible office hours; she works until 8pm and on Saturday’s. That was important to me since I did not want to take a day off work every time we went to see her. When my wife went into labor at 9pm and we went to the hospital to be honest I was very worried not knowing what to expect. And that is when Dr. Fauzia REALLY SHINES. She followed us to the hospital and she stayed with us in our room monitoring my wife’s every move. Dr. Fauzia stayed in the hospital over night and the baby was delivered the next day at 10am, beautiful baby girl. God bless you Dr. Fauzia and your whole family and anything and everything you may touch. We are forever thankful and grateful. Hisham and Nabila
RID: 2074469
22/04/12 5 5 5 5 I have known Dr. Fauzia for almost 12 years now. She is a really nice doctor. She answers your questions really well. The plus sign is that she gives you her cell number and you can call her anytime you want.For patients privacy she closes the door. She takes really good care of her patients. My niece also go to her now. she told me that she likes Dr.fauzia.  Respond
RID: 2047889
18/04/12 5 5 5 5 We just have our 2nd daughter 2 weeks ago and we are very pleased on Dr. Fauzia. She is very caring about her patients and she takes her time to find the patient’s physical conditions and medical situations. My wife was having T-4 thyroid level issues and we did not know until we meet Dr. Fauzia. She ordered thyroid test immediately and explained us that it was very critical for the baby’s growth. We were very happy with Dr. Fauzia’s treatment and options for baby delivering decision. She offers very flexible office hours including Saturday hours and after work hours which were a major help for my working schedule. We were very happy with her dedication to patients for the sake of Allah (sbt). We pray for her. We have a very healthy and wonderful baby girl.
RID: 1779302
22/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fauzia is one of the best doctors I have ever encountered. Most doctors won’t even look you in the eye when they speak to you, and all they want to do is get you in and out of their office as soon as possible but this doctor is different than most. Dr. Fauzia was extremely kind; took her time to explain my lab results and answer all my questions. She even gave me her # and told me to call her anytime. No doctor has ever treated me with such kindness and respect. If you want a doctor who really really cares for her patients, you will go to Dr. Fauzia. I thank God that I found her!
RID: 1768752
20/03/12 5 5 5 5 I have been Dr Fauzia's patient since 5 years.From my experience I would say she is THE BEST doctor in town. After a few bad experiences with other doctors I found Dr Fauzia and she has always taken really good care of me.The way she talks is extremely polite and I fail to understand that she spoke to you in a hateful manner.My friends have visited her too and they were all treated respectfully and on scheduled time.She is the only doctor who gives her number for emergencies.As for privacy she always closes the door. You said it yourself that there is no other staff because her husband works with her.No one is allowed in the area where she is doing the examinations.She has always been very kind to all her patients.If you had so many complaints I would suggest you call her and tell her because she doesn't mind criticism because she feels that makes one a better person if they correct it.It would be very nice of you if you didn't write all the wrong and insulting things about her.Thankyou  Respond
RID: 1718728

21/02/12 1 1 1 1 She was the worst doctor I have ever encountered. I was in absolute tears after my visits. She treated me hatefully and when I transferred my care to another doctor called me several times and interfered with the transfer of my records. She has no staff in her clinic. I had to wait 3 hours to be seen on my first visit. The only other person there other than her is her husband who answers the phone. She leaves the door open while she does pelvic exams and does not provide anything to cover yourself with leaving your body exposed. She saves the paper towels that she drys her hands with on top of her computer in a stack to wash the floors with. She does not draw blood or perform tests in her office. In the bathroom there are tooth brush holders that all her patients use to place the sticks they are to pee on before being seen...gross! I can't tell you enough not to go there! She was rude and insulting. I was most upset. Please do not go there I cannot warn you enough!!!  See Responses
RID: 1715302
16/02/12 5 5 5 5 My wife has been seeing Dr. Fauzia for six month now, this is our first child. We are VERY happy with her, she is very professional and calm person. My wife feels very comfortable with her. She gave us her cell phone in case we should have any question any time, how many doctor you know would do that? We love the office atmosphere it is calm and relaxing. Dr. Fauzia works late hours and weekends, that is a plus for me as I have to go with my wife to every visit since she does not drive, because we always see here at 7pm or on Saturday, saving me from having to take a day off every time we go. The high light for me person every time we go is seeing and talking to Dr. Fauzia 's Husband who runs the front of the office. What a delightful person to deal with, he is very knowledgeable person, he always give me advice and hand me the lab reports and explain everything to me, sometimes I feel that he is actually a doctor although he told me that he is not. Hisham & Nabila
RID: 1708942
08/02/12 5 5 5 5 she is very helpful and knowledgable and professional in her work.whanever i go to her clinic i feel so comfortable.she answers all my question.she never hurt somebody's feeling.i am visiting her from last two years.
RID: 1697608
26/01/12 5 5 5 5 I have been using Dr. Fauzia's service for more that 3 years now. Both my kids were born here in the Arlington Hospital Center where Dr. Fauzia practices medicine and both of my kids were delivered successfully with Dr. Fauzia being in charge of each birth herself. Dr. Fauzia is very caring, polite and hard working professional. Dr. Fauzia has been ready by my side from the start of my contractions to the birth of the children. I believe this shows that Dr. Fauzia does her work with full devotion, commitment and responsibility. Her office has always rendered all professional services from the early to the last moments of my pregnancy. Mr. Mohammed Ilyas (office manager) is very kind, sociable and friendly person who always open to help you to schedule appointments at my convenience. I am extremely satisfied with the service of Dr. Fauzia and her staff. In addition, I would like to thank Dr. Fauzia and her staff again for their professionalism and hard work! Best wishes, Aziza Fayzieva.
RID: 1690634
18/01/12 5 5 5 5 This is the best doctor that I have ever seen. Dr Fauzia and her staff go above and beyond to make your care the best it can be. Dr. Fauzia makes you feel like you are her most important patient with the personal care that you receive from her. Dr. Fauzia delivered my two daughters and both births where wonderful you could not ask for more from a doctor. C.Fennel
RID: 1650949
02/12/11 5 5 5 5 Reading a feedback below one upset patient have left, but i have to disagree over what she have explained regarding voice and not understanding English. I really never had any issue with Accent or any language. Now for the insurance every admin will ask you before you go see a new doctor.Even we had to go through the same procedure. My wife has been seeing doctor Fauzia since day one of her Pregnancy. We were treated as a family member. No issues what so ever with communication, Dr fauzia was always straight forward to my wife and her husband was always providing me with free advices. Thank you Dr Fauzia and Her Husband Mr, ILYAAS. Best of all Free 24 hours hotline personal phone number of Dr fauzia once you become a regular patient,what else a patient can ask for. 5 Stars for DR Fauzia and 5 Stars for her Husband ILYASS. Thank you Thank you so much you both are nice and helpful with lot of knowledge. I will always Recommend your office to new couples and families.
Respond
23/11/11 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1563426

17/10/11 1 1 1 1 This a family-run OBGYN. The Dr's husband mans the phones and books the appointments. He answers the phone, "hello" in a thick Indian accent. It isn't clear you're calling a doctor's office until a few minutes into the conversation. I can't believe she allows this kind of incompetence running her operations. You can expect statements like (if you can understand his English), "I'm not interested in what insurance you have." Or, "We are a small business. We don't have the time to verify insurance for every procedure." BTW, I called for an annual pap. Nothing special - I didn't ask anything about verifying a procedure and told him so. He became irate and started calling me names and said, "We don't help people like you." Really? I hung up on him. He called me back and yelled at my voice mail in a thick Indian accent - no idea what he said, but obviously, totally unprofessional.  Respond
RID: 1556855
09/10/11 4 4 5 5 My family and I have known Dr. Fauzia for the past twelve years, and hold her in high regard.We go to her basically for anything and everything. Not only is she our OB/GYN, but also our family doctor. She delivered all three of my babies, and has always been extremely involved- probably one of the very few MD's who hand out there cell number to all their patients. She is also intensely proactive, and was able to detect my mother's cervical cancer early on, giving her- with the grace of God- a second chance at life.It is much easier to get an appointment with Dr. Fauzia, as opposed to other specialists- where the wait time to be seen can range anywhere between several weeks to several months. She is extremely accommodating , and will see you after hours, if the need may be. Simply put, I would probably not go to another OB/GYN if I were paid!  Respond
RID: 1534491
11/09/11 5 5 5 5 amazing doctor. 5/5 from me. caring, understanding, patient and super sweet. she helped me deliver naturally while the nurses kept telling me i would have a c section. she picked my calls anytime of day or night. advised me well. takes her time with each patient and doesn't rush anyone. totally amazing and a must have doc for every pregnant woman. try her, you won't regret. i have no word of praise for her cuz she exceeds them all. love you doctor fauzia. i'll be back for other pregnancies :)  Respond
RID: 1475967
29/06/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Fauzia was extremely kind and caring when I went to her for my first child. I am now going to her for my second. She allows you to call her at anytime and takes a lot of caution with you. There is a level of personal care and patience which I could not find at any other office.
RID: 1442682
17/05/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Fauzia is the most patient and compassionate physician I have ever been examined by. She takes the time to answer any and all of your questions and does her best to alleviate any concerns you may have. She will even go so far as to give you her own personal cell phone number, and actually answers the phone when you call! If you are afraid she encourages you to pray, when you are happy she shares your joy. She is understanding and kind. I will be forever grateful to have been able to be introduced to her. It is hard for me to go to other physicians' offices now, as she has set the standard way above any expectations.
RID: 1392602
21/03/11 5 5 5 5 I recently had my first child and Dr. Fauzia was my doctor throughout my pregnancy. I cannot express enough how pleased I am with the care she provided. She was personally available day or night to assuage any concern I had and always made time in her schedule if I needed to be seen. When I went into labor, she slept at the hospital overnight so that she would be there when the time came. She is so kind, patient, and dedicated. She is one of a kind and my pregnancy experience was so much better because of her.
RID: 1313884
13/12/10 5 5 5 5 My wife and I were married for 3 years without having children.A friend recommended Dr. Fauzia , in our first visit took the time to listen to our case and did the analysis necessary and come out with the option we have,she give us time to read about my wife anomaly and choose the option that we see it good for us. With an outpatient surgery .after one month with the help of God my wife was pregnant .I had 3 baby girls and in all of them doctor Fauzia was not doctor to my wife but Mother.She honors my wife request to have vaginal delivery. 2 weeks ago my wife was on the hospital for delivery. The Nurse reported that my wife still have 10 hrs.to deliver, Dr. Fauzia agree but she said that she will be waiting in the doctor room because her hart told her not to leave the hospital. In 1.5 hrs. My wife was having the Baby and Dr. Fauzia was there for the delivery. Dr. Fauzia Hart told her not to go because she care about patient first .Thanks Dr. Fauzia and God give you the reward.
RID: 1254007
19/09/10 5 5 5 5 I decided to wait the whole 9 months before giving a rating to guarantee a thorough, objective, and complete experience rating. Dr. Fauzia has been the best thing that happened to me as an expectant mom. I had tried a couple of OBGYNs before and had a horrible experience. She is a good listener, personable, patient, and knowledgeable. She gave me her Cell number to call her whenever I have a question or concern throughout my pregnancy. She also respected my wish to have a vaginal delivery, and did everything possible to make sure it was so. During a couple of emergency situations she took me in on the same day. During more than 20 visits we never felt like we were being rushed. She always made sure she answered all our questions before leaving her office. She successfully built the necessary trust and bond between me as the patient and her as the doctor, and oh boy that's very critical when the big Day comes: She went out of her way and spent about 16 hours with me @ the hospital.
RID: 1202421
06/07/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Fauzia...There are no words to explain about her...she is the best doctor. She has lots of experience in her field and lots of patience to listen to each and every concern of mine very patiently. She made me feel comfortable by explaining all procedures in detail. She was available anytime on her cell for any questions we had.I have been going to her for the past 4 years and had a baby last month. Her staff have been very helpful. I would definitely recommend her
RID: 1182234
03/06/10 5 5 5 5 Hi , we met Dr fauzia first time in oct 2009 for our first baby.she is very corporative, helpful . she is always ready for answers or describe the things .during last days we were on frequent visits even late night , eveen at mid night over the phone . she guided us so many things which leads towards a normal delivery.she was also very help full in terms of financial issues as we were missing insurance . but she helped us a lot so we didnt feel burden at any time for paying her. everyhting was like smooth sailing from start to end. i wish her a great success through out his career.  Respond
16/04/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1150904
16/04/10 5 5 5 5 I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for your sincere care & kindness during my pregnancy. Your Genuine honesty regarding my condition during my pregnancy with my twins was truly appreciated . Now Iam having my angles beautiful,healthy and in a good weight. God bless you and give you rewards for all you have done to me. I recommend you to every pregnant women who is seeking good care and knoweldgeable doctor like you.  Respond
04/04/10 SYSTEM: 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1138575
29/03/10 5 4 5 5 I highly recommend Dr Fauzia. She listens carefully to her patients, never rushes appointments, is very accommodating to working moms' schedules, and is very knowledgeable and skilled. When delivering my first child, the labor was very long and doctor Fauzia stayed by my side for more than 10 hours to make sure that everything was going smoothly and do whatever she could to let me deliver naturally as I wanted. Despite the difficulty, I was at peace through the whole process knowing that mine and the baby's health were her top concern and she would step in if a C-section or other any other intervention were needed for a safe delivery. She was even up at all hours during winter shoveling her driveway in case I went into labor during the big snow storm and stayed at the hospital the night before I delivered. She also schedules evening or weekend appointments to accommodate work schedules. Her patience, dedication to her patients, and skill make her a fantastic OB/GYN.
RID: 1133163
22/03/10 5 4 5 5 My girlfriend and I wanted to her to have a natural birth and Dr. Fauzia was very supportive of our wishes, saying that the only way she would ever intervene and have to ignore our birth plan was if something was wrong and the baby or mom was in danger. She respected what was most important to us as patients and a family. Because there were no complications, she helped us avoid an episiotomy by stretching the mom's perineum during the birth. She also was very willing to answer any questions we had during the months prior to birth which was very reassuring to us as first time parents. We also felt very comfortable knowing Dr. Fauzia's dedication to her work, which to her, is not work but a lifestyle. Her sister and Husband work in her office, and she is on call 24 hours a day, which I guess must be how an OB must operate, but Dr. Fauzia seems to take it a step further.
RID: 1128259
15/03/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Fauzia is the best. Through out my whole pregnancy period she gave us very good care. Specially on my delivery day, i saw so much peace on her face. she treated the whole case very carefully and with best care. i respect her by my heart. She is simply the best :)
RID: 1126987
13/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr.Mutahar Fauzia, Myself and my wife, Mrs.Girija, parents of Anand Chandrashekaran, are immensely thankful to you for handling delivery of our daughter in law, Ms.Archana, so well and so professionally and at the same time with utmost personal care as if handling the delivery of your own daugter. In India, we believe that God comes and helps in the disguise of man/woman. When my son and daughter in law were searching for a good Gynecologist in and around VA, it was by the Grace of God that they could zero in on your name and address. Earlier in Feb 6,2009 you had almost performed a miracle in removing the Fibroid from Archana's abdoman, that had paved the way for conceiving the baby. Now you had reenacted by enabling the safe delivery of our sweet, cute little grand daughter on 10th March 2010. We have no words to express our gratitude except to say THANKS from the bottom of our hearts. Convey our regards and enquiries to your husband. Regards. NC
RID: 1120099
04/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr fauzia helped me with my 3 pregnancy, she helped me when my insurance didn't want to pay....she saved my last pregnancy from miscarriage and believe in it when no body did (hospitals) , she is my favorite doctor because she cares, you can call her at any time....she answers...and you can see her any day even if you don't have appointment if something is wrong. I thank her everytime I look at my kids... thank you docter. oh also she is the most patient docter you can ever meet, she will do her best to avoid a c-section and will do it only if necessary....
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1098446
05/02/10 3 4 5 5 she is very nice and very friendly and she is very good about understanding the problem instead of wasting time.Its my luck that i met her through my friend.
RID: 1091219
28/01/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Mutahar is a very good doctor and very devoted to her work, one time my wife had a problem threatened the baby's life and Dr. Mutahar was so concerned as if she's dealing with a family member and treated my wife as a mother knows how important a child is. Her office manager is a very cooperative and helpfull person too and he always meets us with a smile on his face and offers whatever help we need.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1088886
26/01/10 5 5 5 5 My mother requested my wife and I to switch our Doctor to Dr.Fauzia. I remembered Dr.Fauzia served my mother very well after she gave birth to my baby sister years ago. So my wife and I decided we should see her. Dr. Fauzia screened my wife well and advised us through my wife's pregnancy. Not only did we receive HONEST AND ACCURATE MEDICAL advice, but she was pleasant to answer personal non-medical questions. Surprisingly, we learned life lessons from Dr.Fauzia that can carry past a pregnancy. She works around the clock everyday sacrificing her time for her patients. You must have compassion, patience, and determination to work like that.I have never known any doctor that works everyday. It would be nice if Doctors were more like her. I would advice anyone if you want excellent medical examination, honesty, reliability, and compassion to stick with Dr.Fauzia as we plan to.We thank the Lord that we found someone like her.
Paid (or co-pay): $4100
Respond
13/01/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1063867
25/12/09 5 5 5 5 I have been a Patient of Doctor Fauzia for 10 years. My 9 years old twins and 3 years old son were delivered by her. She is compassionate phsyican with a great bedside manner. Doctor Fauzia has provided a service beyond my expectations. I have even called her middle of the night and she drove to the clinic and saw me during the my last preganancy. Doctor Fauzia extensive knowledge of Medicine and Religious knowledge gave me great comfort through my preganancies. I admire her and highly recommend her to my family and to my friends. Doctor Fauzia is the best OBGYN any female can have on her side. I am blessed by Grace of God to have Doctor Fauzia as my physican. Anyone need any reference please feel free to contact me. Shamsi  Respond
RID: 1062971
23/12/09 5 5 5 5 She is very knowledgeable in more than just gynecology. She also takes care of the patients as a whole. She is a very kind and caring doctor. Her followups are thorough, and informative. I would recommend this doctor.
RID: 1062762
22/12/09 5 5 5 5 I recently had a second trimester miscarriage. Originally I was with a different obgyn but due to some complications and being referred to a specialist I was left at a dead end and told to go home until I had a miscarriage. That is when I went to visit Dr Fauzia, I wish I had gone earlier perhaps my baby would still be alive right now. She tried to save my baby all week but it was gods will and not meant to be. But in the week I was with Dr Fauzia she was there for me 24-7 she gave me the most unconditional attention you can hope for. Even after my miscarriage she waited at the hospital to carry out the d&c on me. All I can say is that every doctor works differently. People have written here that she is concerned with money only which I believe is to be false. She is very upfront and truthful about everything and some people cannot handle that. I feel a lot of people have cheated her to earned money and now she is direct do you blame her?Best doctor you can have for you and your baby!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1061049
19/12/09 5 5 5 5 I guess God create human being for purpose but most of us will forget why we are here except few of us. Dr Fauzi Mutahar is a person with the mission that set her goal not in this worldly life only she expands it beyond that. Let me try to describe her: - Person who has enough experience, knowledge and passion about what she is doing/practicing - Person who fear God and know there is accountability some day after death so she is very careful person in her practice and follow the rule and procedure of the country plus the rule of humanity which is consensus of God - Her mission is not to accumulate money or after name rather she sees it as God put her in charge of this position to test her and she tries her best to full fill the duty and the trust/position God gave her with full of love and passion. It is hard to find a Dr. that listen and understand your problem. I suggest to anyone to go with her and get the best service that I have received. Aziza Ebrahim and Seid min
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1034111
14/11/09 5 4 5 5 I feel so blessed to have Dr. Fauzia looking out for me. She has detected medical problems that no other ob/gyn has ever found before. She is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have ever had and always gives advice that is in my best interest. I have recommended her to family in other states because she is absolutely worth the trip. May God continue to bless her and those who acknowledge her good work.
RID: 1033329
13/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr.Fauzia is a God given gift to humanity!!One night,due to some cramping I had to go to the ER.After some testing they did a trasvaginal US & told me there was nothing there & most probable it was an Ectopic or what they call a liquid pregnancy.This was very freightning news for me being that I had an ectopic a few months ago.I then went to Dr.Fauzia 2 days later (I researhed OBGYN(S) in my area & went to her based on her ratings).She IMMEDIATELY spotted the pregnancy in my uterus!I then realized how valuable it is to have a knwledgeable and hands on Dr.such as Dr.Fauzia,that privides this level of service.Dr.Fauzia's approach is much more effective!It allows you to have an immediate & accurate response.Keep in mind that Dr.s' today very much rely on Techs & eventhough it may not always be the case;if the proper pictures are not taken or anything vital is not spotted during an US.You will not have the right diagnosis,as it happened to me.She is VERY competent & is EXTREMELY dedicated!
Respond
11/10/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
03/07/09 SYSTEM: 4 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 890769
18/05/09 5 4 5 5 I have 4 children and 2 have been delivered by Dr.Fauzia. Dr. Fauzia has been the most thorough and overly cautious doctors I have visited. Not many OBs do sonograms regularly in their office usually you get one or two sonos during the pregnancy and you have to go elsewhere to have them done. So to have one done everytime is a blessing. Each visit I have to Dr.Fauzia she is so appreciative that I drive all the way from Maryland to see her. Moreover she asks me each time if there is anything she has done to upset me then I should correct her. I have never seen anyone be so humble. She stays with the patients during the time of delivery. Whereas other OBs are called in only when you are completely ready. She has been a very good doctor and I have been moved by her words of wisdom.I highly recommend her to all of my friends and family.
RID: 834832
18/03/09 4 4 4 4 I have been a patient of Dr. Fauzia's for several years and based on this tenure, consider her not only an excellent physician, but a friend as well. I had seen her for normal gynological visits for some years and then she discovered ovarian cysts. I tend to research everything and question most any diagnosis, so any advice she provided to me, I thoroughly vetted and analyzed prior to moving forward with any treatment. In the end, her advice was generally accurate and her treatment superior. I have recently delivered my first child with her. Although she may not have agreed with some of my birth preferences or considered them feasible, in the end my birth was all that I dreamed of and she came through for me like no other doctor would. My only criticism is that she tends to focus on the negative potential outcomes, in order to fully disclose all potential consequences, which could leave the patient discouraged. When push comes to shove, however, she will do all for the best outcome.
RID: 715672
04/11/08 5 4 5 5 Mutahar is a wonderful doctor with a personal touch. Initially we had to wait long time but later we scheduled our visits according to Dr.'s timings and we never had complained again. The staff is wonderful especially her husband, he explains medical details clearly and patiently. Mostly I have to thank her for being available to us at all times... "Call me anytime" she says. So we called midnight few times and we got response back immediately. One more thing worth mention is...when Dr.Muthahar asks you pray or leave everything to God, don't be intimidated!! She more capable than many other doctors. Try googling her name and see what she is capable of...I would definitely go to her again when we plan 2nd kid.
Insurance: Lumenos
RID: 713235
30/10/08 4 5 5 5 I have known Dr.Fauzia for about 7 yrs and to this day she is still the same warm, caring and loving Dr She was and still is very accommodating to her patients needs.I am from MD and it takes me about 1hr to get to her office and she tries to her best to fit me into her schedule so that I am not inconvenience by the traffic on my way to and from her.I have had several miscarriges over the past few years and now by the will of God and Dr.Fauzia's care I am 71/2 mths pregnant and feeling great.She was able to give me what my other Dr couldn't.Around the clock care I can call her at any time and she will answer.If she is busy as most Dr are, she gives you the option to call her after hours where she can give u her undivided attention.I have had to call on off days and she still takes your call.She never lets you forget that pray to God is most important, and that it is God who has allowed her to have the knowledge to take care of you. She is very experienced and knowledgeable in her field
RID: 700658
12/10/08 5 5 5 5 First time when my wife and I visited Dr. Mutahar we figured out she is serving the people in order to gain the God gratification, therefore we were persuaded whatever she is doing would be for the interest of the patient. her clear directions are precisly adequate and fitting the case. she has performed a hysterectomy surgery to my wife last Wed on Oct 9, 2008. it was wounderful and in all meatures very successful. Dr. Mutahar tought me to keep fiath in God and in her. she is skillfull and experts as she always smilling and full of energy to serve the people sincerely. God bless her and her family.
Paid (or co-pay): $3000
RID: 696105
04/10/08 5 5 5 5 I came to Dr. Fauzia totally unaware of the fact that I was pregnant. I therefore came to her with many complications. Through her experience in using ultrasounds she told me that the baby's head and the placenta were not in the right position. I took her advise and just prayed. During the delivery the baby's heart rate also got distrubed, and so she quickly did a c-section to save both of us. She says to pray to God and He helps, I can easily say that God helped me through her. My youngest daughter is a miracle for me, a miracle that was only possible because of her knowledge, experience, and support through out the pregnancy.  Respond
RID: 691589
26/09/08 1 1 1 1 This is a very unknowledgeable doctor. This will be our first child, and it has been the worse experience relating to doctor. From the very first visit it has gone wrong. My whole mistake was to stay with this lady instead of looking for a doctor. The practice is unprofessional, the doctor is in a rush. She expects one to wait even after an appointment is made. the whole pregnancy she has not even touched and done a manual exam on my wife, all she does is a sonogram and charges the hell out of my insurance. a regular OB sono lasts around 30 - 45 minutes, yes its very detailed and they give you pictures, either hardcopy of a disk. this lady charges teh same amount as a regular OB sonogram and only does it for 10 - 15 minutes, no hardcopy or anything. I mean she preaches about how she has to answer to Allah, I will hold her to this inshallah. horrible dr.
See Responses
RID: 666680
16/08/08 5 4 4 4 Our experience with Dr Fauzia was very pleasent. My wife thank her for her great help and patience. As being our first birth experience, we were having issues adapt to this new experience and Dr FAuzia was there in our side to make our family extension a happy and nice event. We are looking forward to having our next birth with her and recommend her to new patients.  Respond
RID: 640952
17/07/08 4 3 5 5 Dr fauzia is one of the best.she is skillful , professional doctor and knows what to do.each time i walked to her clinic during my pregnancy i felt like im going to my moms house ,she cares alot about her patient.in my 39 weeks she told me that my baby didnt get enough food and it is better for me and for the babys health to deliver the baby.after the delivery that decition was very important because my baby was very small and what Dr fauzia said was absolutely correct, she really knows what she is doing,she saved my baby. thank you soooooooo muuuuuuuch Dr fauzia and may god will reward you for what you did for me.i recommend Dr fauzia to every one who is looking for a professional doctor .
RID: 559215
06/04/08 3 4 2 1 Others have described her as like going to see mom. She seems about as knowledgeable as the average ethnic mom. Hard to relate to her culturally as an American and is very passive. I would be concerned if I had any real medical problem or infertility in which time is of the essence.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 495923
27/01/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fauzia is highly skilled and her excellent credentials and fabulous reputation speak out loud. She is very polite and spent more time on listing what I have to say before she gave answer to my medical attention needs. She is very honest on her opinions. During my whole pregnancy each time I walked to her clinic I feel like I am going to my mom house. Her approach makes you feel that you are under your mom special attention. I more than confident to recommend Dr. Fauzia for anyone who seeks professional and family oriented medical service.
RID: 457005
04/12/07 5 5 5 5 She is professional, very helpful considerate and she responded with great detail to all of my wife question, along with all of my questions she always have a smile of a Angel. I would like to suggest Dr Fauzia Mutahar to all the patient who like to have surgery in near future. Good personalty and a good Heart. Hats off for all the staff working with her.  Respond
RID: 433155
23/10/07 1 1 1 1 I was extremely disastisfied with the "service" I received at this office. 1) I had to wait up to 2 hours to be seen. 2) Her office staff is incredibly unprofessional. In terms of patient privacy, I find it apalling that the office staff would ask me what prescriptions I needed in front of the entire waiting room. 3) I had a major issue with them using the wrong diagnostic code on my lab tests. I ended up being charged several times when all the doctors office had to do was call the lab company to change their mistake. It took the doctors office 4 months and the lab company calling THEM to get a response so I could get a refund. 4) The doctor did not address my concerns and was extremely judgemental. Her idea of treatment actually made my problem worse. In the process I ended up spending a lot of money with no improvement. Save yourself a great deal of trouble and do not go to this extraordinarily unprofessional office.  Respond
RID: 416791
22/09/07 5 5 5 5 Dr.Fauzia is very skillful doctor and provides best quality of patient care. From my own experience she was very informative and supportive throughout my pregnancy. I would highly recommend Dr. Fauzia to anyone looking best ob/gyn.
RID: 283622
17/04/07 4 5 5 I'd like to share my experience in hopes of enlightening all. In 2002 I was bleeding profusely for more than a month; I was very frail and facing sure death but unable to see a doctor because I didn't have insurance. But then I was referred to Dr Fauzia whose utmost concern, above anything else, was my well being. She was kind enough to save my life, I on the other hand was a total jerk, once cured I forgot all about her and my payment arrangement with her. In 2007 I was in desperate need of her help again. But I didn't expect for her to help me because of my past payment history, regardless of my fears I approached her, and sure enough once again she showed the utmost concern for my health. I am truly ashamed of negligence in paying her as promised in the past. But must admit she is kind to a fault, a doctor that stands out when it comes to being concerned and caring for her patients. Only if there were more doctors like her. May God bless her for all the good she shows to others!
Paid (or co-pay): $15000
RID: 268557
09/04/07 4 5 5 When I want to descibe Dr Fauzia these words come to my mind: Experience, Humility, Optimism, Selflessness. We're so glad we've found Dr Fauzia. We've recommended Dr Fauzia to our friends and they now have a lovely girl, we've noticed that Dr Fauzia actively involves the Dad-to-be with small tasks through the pregnancy, this preperation was a great help when managing the newborn. From the onset we knew its quite difficult for my wife to conceive and we put our faith firmly in Dr Fauzia and her team, thanks to them we're new expecting! Dr Fauzia is also an excellent counsellor, she's been so helpful to our family. There is more to being a good doctor than administering medicines, Dr Fauzia is one of the finest doctors We've come across. I am especially happy that she's imparting the same culture to her daughters - Halema takes speical care of us, we wish her the best. Her team deserves a special mention. Thank you all.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 249912
01/04/07 5 5 5 Few years ago my gynecologist told me that I needed a hysterectomy. As for young woman this news was devastating. Dr. Fauzia was recommended to me, so I went for a second opinion and found that I am a healthy woman and have a great chance to have children. She recommended a much less extensive surgery, which went very successfully. I was so much touched that Dr. Fauzia prays for every patient, for their tests, for their surgery, for their pregnancy. I felt that she was like a second mother when she prepared me for surgery. She was so happy after the success of the surgery; she was very happy that now I have an opportunity to have children. I’ve never seen such of kind, caring and professional doctor in my life. I always recommend Dr. Fauzia to my friends. Good bless you, Dr. Fauzia.
RID: 243344
29/03/07 4 5 4 I'm glad that I decided to choose Dr. Fauzia as my physician for many reasons. First of all, she's a wonderful and genuine person who cares for her patients (she's available 24/7!). Secondly, she let's you get involved with your own healthcare. Her staff is nice-her older daughter, a med student who works at her office, is very diligent and caring to everyone. Waiting is a real issue at her office, however, especially if you take an evening appointment. It's best to make morning or afternoon appointment, I learned this the hard way after spending a Friday evening waiting at her office. But don't be discouraged, even though i waited, I got the answers that I needed.  Respond
RID: 51571

20/10/06 1 2 2 I personally do not like. She is always in rush, caring more for her business than patient. Moreover she preaches a lot.
See Responses
RID: 49400
08/10/06 2 1 2 There are several reasons I would not reccomend any one to Dr. Fauzia's clinic. 1) She has an unprofessional staff who are unprofessional and have no idea how to welcome patients at the clinic.2)It is a norm that scheduled patients are delayed atleat 30minutes at times. 3)She is unable to give undivided attention to the patient. She has no recollection of the patient history and would care less who the patient is. 4) She is especially concerned with INSURANCE and will make sure your insurance is WORTH HER time. Otherwise she will not see you for an appointment. 5)The environment is very chaotic and unsettling for the patient. 6)She does not have a PROPER NURSE on her staff at all. We found out that people on her staff were part of her family. 7)We found that she is not discreet about patient privacy and money is an important factor to her. 8) She would care less if the patient was dying and has medicare insurance. I would advise cuation to this Physician who has no medical ethics.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 39899

08/08/06 1 3 3 Proceed with caution. She will make you wait even if you have prior appointment. Many times she may bump patients ahead of you, make you wait and then ask you to come back the next day. Overall she is a nice person and an ok doctor. Her practice is not professional at all. You don't get a satisfying feeling after being seen by her. Most of her disgnoses and treatments revolve around how much money the insurance company will approve and pay her. She would always ask questions about the type of insurance. She would not remember any of our past history. Charts did not have any information I guess. She would keep asking what we discussed last time. She was always in a rush. She never gave us the time and attention a patient deserves. I left her practice in 2002 without even getting my records as they were worhtless. I'll say that her office always let me come in without prior appointments. But I had to wait a long time to be seen.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user