Dr. Amro El Sawaf

Dr. Amro El Sawaf

Rate Dr. Amro El Sawaf

Dr. Amro El Sawaf's Ratings

After reading the reviews on the staff at this clinic I was a little worried going in. The girl at the front was nice to me and all the other patients that walked in. From sitting there watching, you can tell she is a very busy person with her job and she does not have time to make small chit chat. The nurse in the back was also nice to everyone (myself included) asking how their day was and talking them back fast. The doctor himself seemed to be in a rush and didn't spend a lot of time in my exam room BUT did answer all my questions. Overall - It is a non-fooling again clinic and they are there to do their job and that is it. People need to give the staff at the front a break.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

His receptionist is very rude and told me phone calls are not important. she also changed my appointment for an hour and three quarters earlier than was my original appointment. The doctor is fine and very helpful.

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

I have been trying to call for the last week to book my appointment but no one is answering the phone...

Submitted July 18, 2014 | flag

the receptionist is very very rude i was talking to her on the phone she just hang up.

Submitted July 7, 2014 | flag

The reception at the Southside Dermatology clinic is a joke. Rude, condescending. Maybe she should find another job because she seems to really hate her life. I think Dr. El-Sawaf needs to rethink his admin staff if he wants more patients, or any.

Submitted May 27, 2014 | flag

My son is in grade 11 and has seen Dr. El Sawaf a few times, and our appointments are normally less than 5 min long. We were booked for a 3 month follow up and they cancelled our appointment with less than 48 hours notice - which is there policy for us to cancel. We rebooked the appointment and we showed 7 min late (because I chose to let my son finish his Chemistry exam) my son stood in front of the receptionist while she was on the phone, and when she got off - she told him that they wouldn't see him because he was more than 10 min late. My husband argued with them and the receptionist was rude and wouldn't budget, just repeating that it was their policy. I tried calling MANY times to get an explanation, and she just repeated that it was their policy - and hung up on me 3 times. I was finally transferred to someone else that gave us extremely poor reasons (personal reasons about her being in the hospital and stressed out) and offered no solution. I'll never go back EVER!

Submitted May 26, 2014 | flag

Dr was recommended by a friend w skin cancer. Very thorough in checking my moles, one on my face was cancerous which he treated immediately and delivered (news) politely and considerately. I have not had any trouble with his staff or receptionist. I am very happy with how thorough he is and that he runs on time. Show up early and he'll get you in early!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2014 | flag

Even though we were referred by our famiy doctor, he didn't seem to know why we were there. As with previous reviews, the receptionist and doctor did not seem professional or caring. Said he could do nothing to treat or relieve pain. Yet, another dermotogist successfully and professionally provided treatment only 2 weeks later. It is good that he has helped some people, but I could never recommend him based on our experience.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2013 | flag

I see Dr El-Sawaf every 2-3 months + have my moles checked & the precancerous ones removed. He is extremely proficient & very helpful when you ask questions. He has also been a great help for my 40+ yr acne problem. He is quick, proficient & very Professional. Note: if you are going to be late, phone 7 they are very understanding. Tony A

Submitted Dec. 1, 2013 | flag

I certainly hope that Dr. El-Sawaf has a large client base because he has lost me as a client today for two reasons. Dr. El-Sawaf's current receptionist (April 2013) is unfortunately a patronizing and unhelpful person, not someone that should be front line in a service industry. The main reason however is that I had to go back to his office every three months to refill the same prescription for a lotion that is to treat a skin condition that does not change on such a rapid basis. I would have appreciated receiving enough of a prescription at one time to last for 5 or 6 months instead. I have to rearrange my day in order to come in for an appointment every time, this is a waste of my time!

Submitted April 18, 2013 | flag