Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle

Rate Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle

Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle's Ratings

Dr. Gwen is perhaps the best doctor I have ever seen. I love her approach. It is practical, straight forward and common sense. All questions are answered honestly. Every consult with others she has recommended has been timely and handled beautifully. Absolutely love her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

The Worst Doctor I've ever seen. She was ride unpurfectional and just plain mean. She swore at me and gave me homework to do and if not I couldn't see her again, and I walked out crying.... Never seeing the mean witch, and i recomened her to no one!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Very judgeing cold and condensending Doctor. Looks down on people. I was very uncomfortable. Will never be her patient again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr houle is a terrible doctor and an awful person. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I have to admit that after having read a lot of these reviews beforehand, I was looking forward to my first visit with Dr. Bruce-Houle about as much as I looked forward to my last root-canal! Well all that trepidation was for naught; our first meeting was excellent. First off, Dr. Bruce-Houle very punctual; probably a bit early in fact. This was a huge deal, because - believe it or not - the usual wait-time for my last family doctor (in Southern-Ontario, Niagara region) was between 3 to 6 hours! Dr. Bruce-Houle was cordial, knowledgeable, helpful and she did not come across as being arrogant in the least. I am already in the process of setting up our next appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

I have had two encounters with dr. Bruce-houle and both have been pleasant. She was extremely knowledgable and friendly. She did not talk down to me or speak poorly on any subject. I will gladly see her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I had the misfortune of meeting Dr. Bruce-Houle in an attempt to find a new doctor. She was rude, condescending and uninformed. When I asked her about her approach to patients with PTSD (which I suffer from) she told me she didn't believe in it and that it was just an excuse for people to hide behind while being lazy. Meanwhile she was telling me this while inserting a dry (non-lubricated) speculum into me to perform my PAP test. I felt as if I had been raped.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][77313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

I saw her in a walk-in at first and she told me that people on Disability (as I am) are just lazy and the gov't is just giving them an excuse to sit on their ass and be lazy. (I am on disability for anxiety, depression, PTSD and bipolar). Now my family dr has moved away and she is my new GP. She told me that i should suck it up and just take some deep breaths and get over it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

It's unfortunate that Dr. Bruce-Houle treated me as she did today because she lost another patient. I was appalled by her stereotypical "doctor's attitude", as I thought I had finally found a good one. After waiting 40 minutes past my appointment time to see Dr. Bruce-Houle, I was shocked and annoyed that throughout the entire appointment she spoke down to me, with a tone of voice so condescending that I felt like an idiot for coming in with some questions regarding my health. She made me feel extremely uncomfortable and beneath her and I truly wouldn't recommend Dr. Bruce-Houle to anyone, unless they wish to feel like they are in the wrong for requesting medical attention.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77320].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

Dr. Bruce-Houle is the worst Dr. I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. She is rude, impatient argumentative & not knowledgeable about new treatments or medications. I went to talk about my chronic back & muscle pain that I've been dealing with for 20 years. I just wanted a referral to a specialist. She refused to give me a referral. She told me she would not give me any pain meds & treated me like a common junky. I didn't ask for pain meds because I've tried them & they don't work. I also discussed my severe insomnia that I've been dealing with since I was a child. She told me to get a life. I was astonished at her judgmental arrogance. I'm either working full time or a full time student. This "Dr." should have her license revoked. She is completely incompetent! I was discussing my medical Chart with my Gyno. in prep. for surgery & he told me that Dr. Bruce-Houle had put in my chart that I had 1 baby. I don't have a baby. He had to correct her many mistakes she'd put into my records

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77319].votes_count ]]