Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle

Rate Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle

Dr. Gwen Geraldine Bruce-Houle's Ratings

She has no knowledge of metal health issues and has a very negatively biased outlook on people suffering from them. My advice, i only used her for a referral to a psychiatrist and don't take no for an answer when trying.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Bruce-Houle for my family of 5 and I told her as much at a recent visit. She is very knowledgeable and warm. She welcomes my questions and treats me with respect. I am puzzled by some of the negative comments on here because my entire family's experience has been positive and we have been seeing her for a few years now. I really appreciate that she doesn't push prescriptions and is willing to discuss different treatment options. My husband and I are in our late 30s and our children are aged 17, 11 and 5. I trust Dr. Bruce Houle with my family's whole health: I feel like we are in such good hands when I go to see her. Additionally, her office is clean and welcoming and we typically only sit for a few minutes in the waiting room. I highly recommend Dr. Bruce-Houle.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Dr. Gwen is perhaps the best doctor I have ever seen. I love her approach. It is practical, straight forward and common sense. All questions are answered honestly. Every consult with others she has recommended has been timely and handled beautifully. Absolutely love her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2659750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

The Worst Doctor I've ever seen. She was ride unpurfectional and just plain mean. She swore at me and gave me homework to do and if not I couldn't see her again, and I walked out crying.... Never seeing the mean witch, and i recomened her to no one!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617614].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

Very judgeing cold and condensending Doctor. Looks down on people. I was very uncomfortable. Will never be her patient again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583349].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

Dr houle is a terrible doctor and an awful person. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2549390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

I have to admit that after having read a lot of these reviews beforehand, I was looking forward to my first visit with Dr. Bruce-Houle about as much as I looked forward to my last root-canal! Well all that trepidation was for naught; our first meeting was excellent. First off, Dr. Bruce-Houle very punctual; probably a bit early in fact. This was a huge deal, because - believe it or not - the usual wait-time for my last family doctor (in Southern-Ontario, Niagara region) was between 3 to 6 hours! Dr. Bruce-Houle was cordial, knowledgeable, helpful and she did not come across as being arrogant in the least. I am already in the process of setting up our next appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500390].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

I have had two encounters with dr. Bruce-houle and both have been pleasant. She was extremely knowledgable and friendly. She did not talk down to me or speak poorly on any subject. I will gladly see her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I had the misfortune of meeting Dr. Bruce-Houle in an attempt to find a new doctor. She was rude, condescending and uninformed. When I asked her about her approach to patients with PTSD (which I suffer from) she told me she didn't believe in it and that it was just an excuse for people to hide behind while being lazy. Meanwhile she was telling me this while inserting a dry (non-lubricated) speculum into me to perform my PAP test. I felt as if I had been raped.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][77313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

I saw her in a walk-in at first and she told me that people on Disability (as I am) are just lazy and the gov't is just giving them an excuse to sit on their ass and be lazy. (I am on disability for anxiety, depression, PTSD and bipolar). Now my family dr has moved away and she is my new GP. She told me that i should suck it up and just take some deep breaths and get over it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][77312].votes_count ]]