Rate Dr. Andrew Kirker

Dr. Andrew Kirker's Ratings

Dr. Kirker is an amazing retina specialist with charming bedside manner. I thank he & his team for giving me immediate attention. Yes, you have to wait during your time in the office but part of that is due to drops, pictures & pressure tests. We are blessed to have medical caregivers like Dr. Kirker.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2605112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I am very sorry to say that not listening and lack of action by Dr. Kirker almost resulted in me losing my sight. Had other health care professionals not paid attention and intervened I would be blind. This is a case of not listening to the patient when they are telling you something is clearly wrong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2547018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2014

Doctor saved my eye and correct the terrible mistake done by Dr.J.M. Macintosh.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][143553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

This doctor and the Eye Care Centre team he works with are obviously facing a large caseload and doing a heroic job of it. I came in great need with a detaching retina. Arriving after hours, I was seen and helped by the doctor on call and then by Dr. Kirker the next morning, who prescribed immediate retinal surgery which he performed two days later. Maybe I am one of the reasons why people have to wait past their appointment times! I am now 2 weeks post op, seeing quite well out of my eye, and looking forward to further improvement. I am very thankful that Dr. Kirker made his skills available to me when I really needed help.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][143552].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 2, 2013

Dr Kirker performed my retinal surgery and when i was in the surgery room at VGH from the time i was on bed till the completion of the surgery i didnt realize how quick and swift the surgery went. I praised Dr Kirker and told him before my surgery that i wanted my eyes to look as beautiful as before and that his artistic work on my eyes to be remembered for many days. He is a young cute tall doctor and very warm, humble and easy to communicate always has a smile on his face. Thank you Dr Kirker for bringing my vision back

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][143551].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2012

I have had 2 detached retina operations performed by Dr. Kirker. You will not find another doctor who has a better skill set. I have to travel 300 miles to see him, but there is not doubt I would be blind today had it not been for his surgical skills.His case load is very high and when you do go to see him, you can wait several hours. That is not his fault. He is but one of a hand full of doctors doing this kind of intricate surgery in a town of more than a million people. In addition he attends to patients who live in towns that do not have access to the expertise necessary to deal with a fully detached retina. His bedside manner is excellent, and one goes away feeling that he REALLY CARES.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][143549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2012

A great ophthalmologist. Very attentive and caring. Tells you the way it is but is optimistic and gives you peace of mind. He was a student of Dr. Ross, and like Dr. Ross he is an excellent doctor. Unlike Dr. Ross, Dr. Kirker has an excellent "bedside manner". I feel so lucky to have found him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][143550].votes_count ]]