Rate Dr. Maha Wanes Hana

Dr. Maha Wanes Hana's Ratings

I have to say I was surprised by the reviews here. I’ve been a patient of Dr Wanes for about a year & I was really impressed by her. I’m asthmatic & the new regime she put me on has worked wonderfully. I moved to her practice because I moved to Kemptville & don’t work in the city anymore. She was highly professional & actually puts her notes in a laptop while interviewing & prints out her prescriptions the same way. Very efficient. The entire practice is very busy so no, there is no time for folksy chit chat but I really prefer my Doctor to come to the point, anyway. I’ll be sticking with her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2580530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

At least its not "just me". I assumed she took an instant dislike to me as a person , and thus her approach with me.
I cant foresee returning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2542265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

WOOOOWWWW
Its truly disappointing when a doctor who is educated, at least their certificate says so, and has absolutely no bedside manner. they go to school and become great doctors and somewhere along the way lose their joy and love for what they do. It Saddens me that this Woman hates her life so much that she must be rude and condescending to the very persons who give her work. I am a strong believer in carma and you get treated the way you treat others. she must remember that one day she will require assistants from a doctor and hopefully that Doctor isn't as life hating as her.
in closing don't waste your time with negative ppl. "itll make ya sick"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2531759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 10, 2014

Rude front desk staff with terrible phone manners. Wanes is confrontational and judgmental. Doesn't let you finish explaining things. You get the feeling that she really doesn't like patients and that we are wasting her time and beneath her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

Probably the worst Dr I've ever seen. Never once has she checked my vitals (even when my complaint has been heart related). Never puts her computer down. Doesn't let you answer her questions. The lady who works the desk is a joke. Never met someone so ignorant and rude. Overall the Dr is a BUST! If all you need is a pill pusher...this is the doctor for you. Otherwise go somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2205362].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Dr. Wanes has poor communication skills, bedside manners and is just plain rude. Doesn't let me finish replying to her questions, stands in the doorway while interviewing me with her computer in hand. No confidentiality, the door is wide open throughout the exam. Just ignored my previous medical history, which I had written down. She is rushing me at every appointment. Prescribes meds but never follow up. Never checks my file to see if/when I should have my meds renewed, doesn't check my BP which is an issue for which I'm seeing her. Her staff is rude, closing the glass window while I'm still standing at the counter. Just a very poor experience altogether. I am NOT going back to her office ever again!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

I just had my initial meeting with Dr. Wanes as I relocated to Kemptville and wanted a local GP. I must agree with the other responders, her interpersonal skills need work. Others complained she was rude or rushed, I would characterize it as "abrupt". A number of times I was cut off mid-sentence as she wanted to move on with her next question. In fact, she hardly introduced herself and didn't ask me for my introduction. She did seem attentive to detail that I gave her about my conditions. I will continue with her but for now give her a neutral rating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144050].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2013

Dr. Wanes has a poor beside manner, almost rude. Watches the clock, anxious to move on to next patient. Not a holistic approach, just one or two issues allowed at each appointment. Do not feel like she cares about the person, just the health issue. Not very friendly. Plan to find a new doctor with better interpersonal skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2013

Terrible doctor and staff! Very unprofessional. Overheard both doctor and her reception staff discussing a pt. everyone in the waiting room could hear what was being said. Always rushed. Stands in the doorway of her exam rooms to interview patients. No confidentiality at all for patients. The whole family is returning to our gp in ottawa with our tails between our legs. We moved to this practice for convenience as we live in kemptville. Will remember this awful experience every time we are driving to ottawa to see our original doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144048].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2013

I rated this doctor poorly after only one visit. She was rushed, rude, didn't introduce herself, would ask me questions, and then not let me finish answering. She asked me no personal questions regarding family history or previous medications, and just scheduled blood tests (when I had nothing wrong). She acted as if I was bothering her when I only came in to meet her because I was told to by the front desk. She treated me poorly when I didn't know the answers to certain questions (what did your last blood work reveal?). She left both exam room doors open so that while I waited I could hear every word she was saying with the young girl next door. She stood at the door to my exam room on her computer and there was no personal involvement at all. I only switched from my other doctor because I moved, but at this point I will make the drive to switch back. She was awful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144047].votes_count ]]