Rate Dr. Ann L. Mai

Dr. Ann L. Mai's Ratings

Dr Mai is the most self-important terrible doctor I've ever met. After making me wait 50 mins to get into the exam room, she refused to treat me because her staff didn't like the fact that I questioned the wait time! She thought she was so good that it would be fine to make her patients wait 2 hrs! No apology from her or her rude staff for overbooking. This is in spite of the fact that she was my primary for over 10 years, she was therefore probably paid over 10,000 by my HMO ins co, and she only saw me twice in that timeframe! Stay away unless you have hours to waste in her ugly waiting room.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2013 | flag

My appt was at 9am, I signed in at 9:05. There were only two people in the waiting room when I arrived. There were four people that arrived and signed in after me to see Dr. Mai. I asked the receptionist, why and she was very rude and made excuses. I wasn't called into a room until 10:25. How do you make a mistake like that, when there's a list right in front of you? Once the nurse called me into the room, she also had a nasty attitude. When she took my blood pressure, she never asked me to raise my sleeve. She wrapped the cuff around my big chunky sweater. There was one person working in the front office that seemed to care and was polite.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mai is great, however her wait time is almost an hour & her staff is rude. I couldn't get an appointment for almost 2 weeks and I arrived early and they still made me wait 50mins. When I said that I had to go back to work the rude medical assistant said that I didn't wait that long.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

She may be a decent doctor, but waiting more than an hour for an appointment is ridiculous. Staff isn't the least bit apologetic, and others in waiting room say it is always like this. I found a new Dr.

Submitted March 15, 2011 | flag

Very caring doctor , always helpfulrespond quickly by emailsI couldn't ask for a better primary care. The best !

Submitted Sept. 12, 2010 | flag

Very knowledgeable and helpful. Really cares. Best primary doctor I've ever had!

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag

Dr Ann Mai has been my primary doctor for about 6 years and I can only give her the best reviews, since she is always helpful with any questions, sometimes I just call her and she save my time with any concern without going to see her.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Mai for the past 7-8 years. Although young, she reminds me of the "old time" doctors who used to treat patients as people and not numbers (#'s) or dollar signs ($). I believe she went to medical school in Canada and I think that greatly added to and enhanced her skill and treatment of patients. This past year I have had several health issues and she has been very responsive and sent me for all the appropriate and necessary testing. I also LOVE how high tech & efficient she and her office are. She combines the best of a caring, "bedside manner" and modern technology (online and paperless systems). I just wish I could find a dentist as good as Dr. Mai (finding a good dentist in Southern California has been a nightmare).

Submitted March 3, 2009 | flag

I've been going to Dr Mai for 8 or 9 years, with probably 3 or 4 different HMO's. The staff is friendly and competent, and Dr Mai is very friendly and has been very responsive to my requests during off-hours. I've contacted her via voicemail and the relayhealth website and always received a quick response from her.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2009 | flag

Dr Mai is more interested in her contract with my insurance company than with my health. When I was sick and unable to make the appointment time offered, she refused to make a referral to Urgent Care, which my insurance company requires. She told me over the phone "I signed a insurance contract and I have to see you in my office, even if I have to get out of bed". I do not want to trust my health care to a doctor who values her insurance contract over my health. I'm finding a new doctor ASAP.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2007 | flag