Dr. Alexandre Kostirko

Rate Dr. Alexandre Kostirko

Dr. Alexandre Kostirko's Ratings

This is my experience with Dr. Kostirko and his team

Just to mention that Dr. Kostirko is not my regular dentist. I intended to give him a try, as my regular dentist is located far away. I never wrote a review before, but this time I feel compelled to share my experience with others.

The receptionists are very skilled in making sure they will collect the money for the service. There’s nothing wrong with this, but I got the feeling that that’s their main purpose. When I was calling to book appointments, they were submitting “predetermination” claims to my insurance company right after the phone call was ending – without informing me. I am assuming they were doing that to make sure my insurance is still active. They couldn’t have the courtesy or the trust to ask me about my insurance.

Once, during our phone conversation regarding my future upcoming appointment, they informed me that I have to pay upfront for the service. I asked why can’t they wait for the insurance response, and their answer was “somebody must pay Dr. Kostirko”.

On my last visit (it was a cleaning) they asked me again to pay for the service. I asked them to submit my claim online while I was waiting there. Sure enough, my insurance covered all the fees.

I don’t know if Dr. Kostirko is a good dentist or not. The only work he did on me was a redone of an old root canal. After a few months, I told him that I don’t think that the procedure was successful, as the abscess I had is still there. His response was “I think we should just leave it”.

I liked their hygienist; she was very kind and thoroughly.

I decided that Dr. Kostirko practice is not a good fit for me.
I was successful in finally finding a great dentist. In order to save me money, they suggested to get the XRays records (including a full panoramic picture) taken at Dr. Kostirko’s office mailed to them. The receptionist at the new place called Dr. Kostirko’s office weekly to ask if my records have been mailed. Every time they said “Yes”, but when asked about the mailing date, they said “they don’t know”, as the other receptionist did it.

After 4 weeks of still not having my records, I called myself, and again the person who answered the phone said they have been mailed out but she doesn’t know when. I asked her to call my new dentist’s receptionist to figure the things out, as I had an appointment scheduled in a few days. She said she will do that, but she never did. My appointment came and I needed to pay for all the XRays again.
A week after my appointment, new office finally got the XRays. The two offices are located a few Kilometers away, and it took 5 weeks for my documents to arrive.

Dr. Kostirko’s personal were so skilled in collecting money for their service, but they showed indifference and non-professionalism when it was about the potential of saving me money by sending me my records.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2500865].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

The doctor is rude and incompetent. I would NOT recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2205379].votes_count ]]

Submitted May 20, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Kostirko for almost 15 years. He is by far the best in his field. After we have moved to Richmond Hill we have tried to find a dentist closer but it turned out to be a disaster - Dr Rakhinshteyn L removed a perfectly healthy tooth! We went back to Dr Kostirko, he fixed everything and we are very happy! He is the best!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

I had an emergency toothache and Dr.Kostirko and his staff were so accomodating. They took me in the same day (accomodating the time that I requested) and got me out of pain immediately. His expertise in dentistry is amazing - I had no pain during my root canal treatment . His staff was also friendly and always make the insurance claim process as easy as possible. I will be a patient for life!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][144110].votes_count ]]