Dr. Satish Rachapalli

Rate Dr. Satish Rachapalli

Dr. Satish Rachapalli's Ratings

I am a RN and believe me I know who a real doctor is! Dr Rachapalli is a god send for me. He diagnosed me with a rare problem during the first visit itself and send me to Vancouver for urgent treatment. I think I am the luckiest patient. I do not hesitate to recommend this doctor.

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

I concur with the person coming from out of town. My first rheumy retired in 2009. I decided it was time to find a new specialist in rheumatology. I spent an hour and a half getting there. Dr Rachapalli saw me for 15 minutes. He discarded my former diagnosis, which had taken 12 years to get, because he didn't care what other specialists had to say. In fact, he didn't care what I had to say, so I don't know if he's knowledgeable because he didn't want me to ask questions. He sent me for a bunch of blood tests, most of which I already knew were going to be negative. He discounted everything except he did seem to be excited about treating me for my fibromyalgia. I can't tolerate Lyrica and similar drugs, so I don't know what he planned, but I am too tired to go back for a repeat performance. I've been managing with alternative care this long, so I guess I will continue!

Submitted Feb. 28, 2014 | flag

I spent the day Travelling to Victoria, when I finally got in to see Dr.R he was unable to sign into the medical site to see previously done blood work, tried his password and had forgotten it. Was not impressed at all. He then wanted the test results faxed but then was told his fax was unable to receive faxes. He then told me he would call me at home the next day. I never heard from him. My appt. was on a Thursday and by Sunday I was admitted into the hospital in my home town. I was there for 4 days and still had not heard from him. I had to call his office from the hospital to find out if my new prescription was sent to my pharmacy and it wasn't. Then finally got around to doing this for me. The Visit was a waste of my time and money and will not be going back to see him, all I can say is I hope people from out of town read this so they don't waste there time and money.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2013 | flag

Not impressed and disapointed,I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I have tried 4 different treatments, during my consult I expressed my concer with a side effect caused by Lyrica, I have a mild facial palsy. Said he never heard of that, and sent my history to GP and said that he doesn't have any to offer. He will send the medical history to my family doctor, changed prescription if it doesn't work I should ask to go to Vancouver. If to see a specialist in the island, how long I will be waiting for a referral in Vancouver?

Submitted Dec. 9, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr Rachapalli for my lupus for the last 12 months. He has always been very helpful. I find it unbelievable that I can call his office when ever I have a problem and talk to him if needed. Linda, his new secretary is a welcome addition after some not so good experience with the previous one.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2013 | flag

Not impressed! Spent 5 mins withe second appt. Asked about side effects of drug said nothing and he seems unsure of next step... I will no be back !! This is family deisease not just me. Found him to not be interested and should find a better way to communicate I drove almost an hour tobsee him for 5 mins a waste of my time !!

Submitted Nov. 29, 2013 | flag

He managed to fit me in at the end of the day after 5 as an emergency when my GP called him. Very concerned about the patient's well being. Lucky to have him as my doctor

Submitted Nov. 17, 2013 | flag

I am grateful to Dr R. I have a rare condition which causes inflammation due to genetic causes. He was the first one to suspect it and started him on an expensive drug. Amazingly I am free of pain for the first time in 5 years. His secretary is also very helpful

Submitted Nov. 10, 2013 | flag

Not exceptionally happy . Canada disability has requested twice more info about my condition , no response from dr. Now disability will make decision without info most likely I will be Denyed

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Rachapalli diagnosed me with a rare disease Wegeren vasculitis. His intervention probably saved my life

Submitted Sept. 30, 2013 | flag