Rate Dr. Efraim Vela

Dr. Efraim Vela's Ratings

worst doctor ! he attended me at an emergency at the Rio Grande Regional H. and first of all he was an hour late to my delivery day. angry because we were ''hurrying him up''. So rude with his comments and when my baby was born he saw her and tell me well.. she's not thaat bad looking. Also in the partum i was crying a lot because of the pain and he starts yelling at me Stop crying you're making me so nervous !!! Cero professional and so so rude. When he was gone the nurses told me: Don't worry he's always like that.. i never want to see him again

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

Loved the doctor, but his nurse is rude and has poor hygene.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 26, 2012

Best doctor on the world he care about everything call me after my pregnancy

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2012

Dr. Vela has been my doctor for about 5 years and he is the BEST OBGYN around. The staff is friendly, courteous, and caring. If you have an emergency they take care of you right away, and I've had a few being high risk. Dr. Vela is very caring, easy going, makes you feel comfortable and really cares about his patients. My husband and I are extremely greatful for all he has done to ensure we get the best medical attention for a successful pregnancy and delivery of a healthy child. We love him! Thanks Dr. Vela for all you do!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2012

Dr. Vela was and continues to be a great physician. He was very attentive and took the time to educate my husband and I. I switched mid way through my pregnancy and was glad I did. He was frank and honest, qualitites we needed in the person who would bring our baby into this world. Also, he definitely manages his time well and has an extremely well organized office staff. I never waited more than 15 minutes in the lobby :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

This doctor suggested to a 35 year old pregnant woman that because of her age and the fact that the babys father was not in the picture she should have an abortion, then provided her with contact info for abortion services provider. She had the baby but was horrified and insulted at his suggestion

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

very bad dr. i wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.... he did not attend me when i called and s aid i am miscarrying he said i am not on call go to hospital then when he got there he told the nurses its not brain surgery hurry up and before that i was excited to know that i was expecting my 2nd baby after 11 yrs and he said dont get your hopes up 1 outta 4 dont make it i was devastated.... he is not a good dr. in my opinion i cry a lot and remember him and what he did know that i am pregnant again i found a great awsome dr. i regret the moment i went into his office .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

A doctor who truly loves his job. Caring for his patients is what he loves and does best. Great doctor. Made the birth of my first child the best experience it could be despite my physical complications.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2011

he is a great doctor, my family and I where blessed to have him brought our baby to the world, he si very smilye and professional. We are very grateful with him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2009

Sometimes can be perceived as rude, but only shows true in character of being HONEST. Doesn't tell you what you want to hear he tells you the hard truth (ie. weight, concieving, childbearing,etc.). He is very good at what he does! I've heard comments from nurse's saying he's one of the best surgeons with regards to C-sections. When my daughter is old enough to see an ob/gyn I hope she will still have the opportunity to be treated by him. Timeliness sometimes can be an issue but the nice enviornment and excellent staff helps pass the time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956029].votes_count ]]