Rate Dr. Karen M. Allsup

Dr. Karen M. Allsup's Ratings

Dr Allsup is great, she is always shows concern and always answering all my questions

Submitted Nov. 14, 2013 | flag

Dr. Allsup has been my doctor for years...shes the best and coolest Dr. i don't ever want another doctor/..she has great people skills -shes on of the few that actually care ...and she works with you always...

Submitted Oct. 24, 2013 | flag

Here's the deal: She's probably a fine doctor, I don't know, we can never get an appointment with her without a substantial wait. My frustration is, last year she was my husband's PCP, we could never get in to see her, NEVER had a same day appt. avail. Yesterday, husband was in severe pain due to a sinus infection. Thinking we'd switched his PCP to a diff. doc in the office, I called for an appointment. The office staff informed me Dr. A was still his PCP, she didn't have ANY appt's that day, but she could see him on Tues (almost 1 week from yesterday). I said that wouldn't work, could he see SOMEONE that day? "We have to get Dr. A's approval--I'll send her a message and we *might* hear back from her in the next hour". As it turned out, we HAD switched his PCP, so we were able to see the other doc without her approval, but REALLY? You have no appointments and he can't see someone else, when you've never seen him before? Poor. I've no opinion on Punctuality or knowledge

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Karen Allsup is one of the most caring and compassionate doctors I have know. (And I'm getting up there in age so I'm starting to see many more doctors than I did in the first half of my life.) I feel very fortunate to have her as my Primary Care Physician. Whether it be a routine check up or a more serious matter, for the nearly 10 years I have been seeing her, I have been able to count on her make me feel like a valued patient. She has never made me she was in a hurry to get to the next patient. All questions get answered, everything gets explained. She is open to discussing all alternative treatments and is has been fully supportive of me having input with regards to treatment options. I am grateful to have her as my doctor.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Karen Allsup has been my primary care physician for years. She is always upbeat and takes the time to listen and educate even when I know she's running behind. I'm grateful to have her as my doctor given the (negative) stories I've heard from friends who have an HMO plan. My only wish is that Health Care Partners would improve on wait times. Over the years I've noticed that they've been steadily increasing. The avg. time is now 30 minutes.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

She was uncaring and didn't take time to listen. Wouldn't refer me to specialist. After I changed doctors I found I had gallstones causing my problem. She didn't even check.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Allsup is a wonderful doctor. She always remebered me and had a smile on her face. Her staff was very good at getting me in when I needed to see her, but sometimes there was a wait. Being in the medical field myself, I appreciate that she gave me the proper amount of information and explanations without shirking her responsibility as my doctor and the decision maker for my care. She showed alot of concern win I was ill and was good at getting me to who I needed to see. She also does yearly women's exams, and I felt totally comfortable in her care. Now that I have moved out of state, I desperatly miss Dr. Allsup.

Submitted March 7, 2011 | flag

I like Dr. Allsup, but the staff at the Long Beach office leaves a lot to be desired. When you walk in the people at the desk are put out that you are interrupting them. Last year I had a problem and called the office, the nurse that I spoke to was rude beyond belief! But, the call in "advice nurse" type thing was very helpful.

Submitted April 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Allsup is fantastic! She's been my PCP for almost 3 yrs and I LOVE her! She's always caring, knowledgeable, personable, yet professional, and just overall a wonderful doctor. I always feel respected and not like I'm just another dollar bill or rushed through an exam. She discusses VERY pertinent issues with you and makes you feel like she absolutely cares (which I feel she really does). If you call and leave a message with a question, she gets back to you quickly and even takes the time to discuss her reasons and answers. WOW. She's amazing and get's an A++ with 4 stars from me!

Submitted Feb. 9, 2009 | flag

I did not have a very good first time experience at this office. It was my first time so I arrived the 30 before my appointment as asked. However, I was not seen until well after (over an hour)my actual appointment time!! Only to be put in a cold room for another 15 minutes. Once I saw Allsup (for the <10 minutes) she was great, but I wasn't asked anything about my health history, current conditions, etc. She did take time to explain things and seemed very knowledgeable. I will probably go back because she was very nice and made me feel comfortable, but it isn't because of the other staff or puntuality. My 10 minute appointment took over 2 hours!

Submitted Jan. 7, 2009 | flag