You may also like

Rate Dr. Amanda Maloney

Dr. Amanda Maloney's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Maloney by me GP in 2014. Dr. Maloney was very informative and answered all my questions. I was pleased with her willingness to explain all the details of the surgery for a deviated septum to me and was much more comfortable knowing what I was getting into. After surgery she spoke with me and put me at ease. I highly recommend this ENT specialist. Her receptiont, Mary, is wonderful and caring as well. Dr. Maloney may run a bit late but that's because she takes the time to listen and explain things to her patients instead of shuffling them out the door.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2741183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Incredible specialist - knowledgeable, kind, and conscientious. Doesn't use a ton of jargon, which I appreciate. Office staff are helpful - avoid the younger one if you can.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739958].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Saw Dr. Maloney twice. The first time I felt indifferent. But, about 8 years later, I saw her again for a different matter. It turned out to be a bad experience. She was arrogant, impatient and seemed lazy. She didn't take the time to listen and brushed off my complaints. She even claimed that my issues weren't even ent related. I asked her about another issue related to my nose but told me I had to make another appointment which could have been easily answered. It gave me a bad impression. Finally, I saw someone else and it was confirmed that it was Ear related. I did not think she cared enough to further investigate. And when it was time to follow up after ear and balance tests, the receptionist just said oh don't bother coming in. An unprofessional doctor with poor front staff

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2720393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Dr. Maloney is one of the best specialists I have ever been to. I have been to her for several different issues, and each time she has been thorough and informative. My g.p.'s office loves her because she sends such detailed notes when a patient is sent to her. The practice is well run and the receptionist extremely pleasant and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Maloney to anyone who is looking for an excellent ENT.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2703781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

Recently saw Dr. Maloney after a very convoluted experience with multiple doctors to deal with a nasty ear infection and rupture. Prior to seeing Dr. Maloney I had seen another ENT and had a really bad experience. Dr. Maloney was warm, very knowledgeable and diagnosed and explained my condition to me in detail. She is obviously very experienced and knows her stuff. The fact that she has a great bedside manner is icing on the cake and sadly, a quality that is lacking in many surgeon's offices. I would highly recommend Dr. Maloney to anyone needing to see an ENT. She was great.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2643860].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2014

Wonderful doctor, she followed up on my tests, explained my ear problem to me in detail and gave me the best advice about my options.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2569524].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

Dr. Maloney rocks!!! she is cool, attentive, a great listener, respectful and educated.
She explains things very well and you can talk to her about anything. Very cool funky Lady, I really like her and enjoy being her patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2567753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2014

I too was surprised by the negative reviews. Dr. Mahoney was very polite and friendly. She asked many questions and listened to the answers. I am sure I wasn't her most exciting patient - I had a mild ear infection that had mostly cleared but I kept the appt as I had waited so long for the referral. She repeated a test just to ensure the results of the first test was valid. She welcomed me back for the duration of the referral period.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1956602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Really baffled by some of the poor ratings - they don't correlate to my experience at all. Dr. Maloney was incredibly helpful, compassionate, and really listened to what I had to say. She cared not just about my symptoms but about the impact they were having on my life. The most impressive thing is that the ENT referral was a mistake (my problem wasn't vestibular, as my GP thought) but Dr. Maloney figured out the cause and got me on a medication that relieved the worst of the symptoms and improved my life dramatically. It's an ongoing condition that I will always have to manage, but thanks to Dr. Maloney's willingness to think outside the box I know what I'm dealing with and where to get the help I need. I will always be grateful to her. (The receptionist I dealt with was awful, but that's a minor inconvenience - the doctor's expertise is the important thing.)

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][1956601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2013

Wow. I can't even begin to explain how awful my appointment was. I think I heard more of her problems then she heard of mine. She practically told me to shut up when I was explaining my history of ear problems. Incredibly rude and did not care at all. Definitely too lazy to do her job so decides to send for an MRI that she is sure will show nothing anyways. Good way to get yourself out of having to do any work or research of your own! I have never had such a horrible experience with a specialist. She had no interest in hearing my own opinions on what I think could be an issue. I do experience the problem...I could actually have something useful to add to the very limited amount of speaking she allowed me to do. Don't waste your time with Amanda Maloney.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1956607].votes_count ]]