Rate Dr. Amanda Maloney

Dr. Amanda Maloney's Ratings

I too was surprised by the negative reviews. Dr. Mahoney was very polite and friendly. She asked many questions and listened to the answers. I am sure I wasn't her most exciting patient - I had a mild ear infection that had mostly cleared but I kept the appt as I had waited so long for the referral. She repeated a test just to ensure the results of the first test was valid. She welcomed me back for the duration of the referral period.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

Really baffled by some of the poor ratings - they don't correlate to my experience at all. Dr. Maloney was incredibly helpful, compassionate, and really listened to what I had to say. She cared not just about my symptoms but about the impact they were having on my life. The most impressive thing is that the ENT referral was a mistake (my problem wasn't vestibular, as my GP thought) but Dr. Maloney figured out the cause and got me on a medication that relieved the worst of the symptoms and improved my life dramatically. It's an ongoing condition that I will always have to manage, but thanks to Dr. Maloney's willingness to think outside the box I know what I'm dealing with and where to get the help I need. I will always be grateful to her. (The receptionist I dealt with was awful, but that's a minor inconvenience - the doctor's expertise is the important thing.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956601].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2013

Wow. I can't even begin to explain how awful my appointment was. I think I heard more of her problems then she heard of mine. She practically told me to shut up when I was explaining my history of ear problems. Incredibly rude and did not care at all. Definitely too lazy to do her job so decides to send for an MRI that she is sure will show nothing anyways. Good way to get yourself out of having to do any work or research of your own! I have never had such a horrible experience with a specialist. She had no interest in hearing my own opinions on what I think could be an issue. I do experience the problem...I could actually have something useful to add to the very limited amount of speaking she allowed me to do. Don't waste your time with Amanda Maloney.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

I saw Dr. Maloney tywice. The first visit she was very nice. However diagnosed my condtion on anecdotal information and a hearing test and nothing else. She prescribed me heart medication for my condition even though she knew I had a history of a diagnosed heart condition. She was not concerned about this at all and did not even think to consult my cardiologist. I took the medication once, and my heart immediately reacted. On my return follow up visit with Dr. maloney she was very unhappy and annoyed that I did not want to continue with the medication and wanted me to try again. She said in all her time prescribing this medication she never had a complaint. She was unwilling to hear what I had to say and understand that perhaps not everyone can withstand the same medication. I definitely will not see her again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956600].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

I thought Dr. Maloney was very helpful and friendly in my visit. I was having a long term sore throat, and she took a lot of time asking me questions, and said she'd like to do a scope. I was worried, but she was very friendly, patient and explained the whole process, which made me feel much more comfortable. The scope isn't so bad after all. As she saw nothing serious she suggested a few options to help me which I will try, but I would definitely recommend her as a caring thorough doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956599].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Very knowledgeable and helpful; was able to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe an effective medication for me where other ENTs and family doctors had failed in the past.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2011

Referred to this doctor after complaining about issues with my breathing and a strange noise emenating from my throat when I breathe. She did all of her tests which includes a scope through my nose into my throat. She indicated that I have a large palette and that was all that seems wrong. I insisted that I was having trouble breathing and when she heard the noise she claimed I was making the noise myself, and I should go see a shrink as I have Tourettes! Two months later I was hospitalized with heart failure caused by all the fluid that was built up in my lungs! That is what was causing the strange noise and trouble breathing. She could have just said she didn't know......

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2011

Dr. Maloney took my tonsils out. I was on a wait list for 9 month before hand. The operation took 60 mins, not the anticipated 30. Recovery was extremely painful, partly because she'd cauterized a whole bunch of healthy tissue in my throat, including my uvula. She also incorrectly prescribed me a painkiller which I was wearing an allergy alert wrist band for (which seemed to shake her up a lot, because she became very gruff and flustered after it was brought to her attention). She tried to examine my mouth with the same tongue depressor she'd used earlier that day (I had to ask her to please use a clean one instead) and set her briefcase down on the floor, picked it up, took things from it and then examined my post-surgery mouth without washing her hands. All-in-all, I found her manner less than desirable and her know-how and skills completely incompetent. She opted not to take out my adenoids, even though she admitted they were atypically large. I wish I'd had another surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I visisted Dr. Maloney regarding a throat problem I was having. She was very thurough in her investigation and asked a lot of questions. She sent me for x-rays, and when they came back she sat down to discuss with me the results, analyze the situation and diagnose the problem. She was very patient with me and answered all questions I had, and assured me that my progress would be closely monitored. I would very much recommed Dr. Maloney to anyone requiring a kind, thurough, knowledgable, and patient doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956597].votes_count ]]