Rate Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Sherine Guindy's Ratings

Brushes off all my health concerns by saying I am "too young". If I hadn't gone to a different doc for a second opinion a serious health issue would have been missed! Also ignores prescription refill requests from pharmacy - for ventolin ! Ive had asthma for life and it's very inconvenient to be forced to make a new appointment in order to get a prescription for a life-long regular medication! Won't be seeing this doctor anymore !

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2667660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Dr. Guindy is pleasant when you see her but her knowledge of
medicine is poor. She is not eager to listen to what you have to say about yourself and what you are feeling. She dismisses you when you have legit complaints about not feeling well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2665363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Worst doctor ever. She judged my decisions and questioned why I did certain things in my life and laughed in my face. She told me to stop in whenever to receiver b12 shots because it would only take 10 mins. Needless to say, I sat there for an hour before I got into a room. Also, I had to have papers faxed from her office to another doctor and the receptionist charged me $40 saying that "it wasn't covered." Fine, my problem- my other doctor NEVER received the papers and I called dr. Guindy' office about it to remind them. Rooms are messy- bandaid wrappers and Kleenex all over the floor, garbage cans overflowing and needle caps all over the desk. Horrible, I will never go again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2653716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Not thorough enough - not sure if test are read carefully enough

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Dr Sherine Guindy completely ignored my irregular periods, distressing flooding, crushing fatigue/anemia/insomnia and hot/cold flashes for 4 years. I’m 48, thought it was menopause, Dr Guindy shouted, “You are too young for that!” Two ultrasounds done but she would not discuss results. Dr Guindy NEVER did internal exams, pap smears, etc. and would not refer me to a gynecologist. At my last appointment, Dr Guindy said, “You might have cancer, I will pray for you.” Finally seeing a gynecologist now who immediately found a huge cervical polyp larger than a thumb, needs OR removal. Ultrasounds indicate a cyst in my uterus which Dr Guindy never told me about. A caring, knowlegeable doctor would have saved me all this stress by doing her job properly instead of being ignorant or negligent. If I were you, I would run away from this doctor as fast as you can.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][149602].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

I have recently started having alot of issues with my health. Dr. Guidy has sent me to specialists and sends me for the approrpiate tests to determine the cause of issues (still investingating). She is not always prompt but I do feel like she listens to me when I have issues. I can get in within a day or 2 to a week-far different from my previous dr. who has retired. She is a little quick at times with medications and with 1 medication I stopped as it was bothering my stomach, which she was not too happy I stopped taking it. Overall I am happy with her and her abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][149594].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

Honestly the best thing I have ever done for my health was switching docs. Dr.Guindy is always late. She rushes you out the door. She does not take the time to go over your symptoms and is very quick to prescribe meds. She does not explain the pros/side effects of medication and doesn't give you a list of treatment options. She rarely checks your chart so you have to remind her of important medical concerns.She also does not take medical issues very seriously and brushes you off saying your young don't worry.I saw her for two years and she is the worst doc I have ever had!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][149593].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I am very unhappy with the level of care i have recieved from Dr.Guindy, I am 23 weeks pregnant and should have been refered to a obs/gyno at the very latest 3 weeks ago. However Dr. Guindy and her recepionist are unable to complete the simple task of finding and referring me to a obs/gyno. I have even provided them with names of doctors that i have personally found out are accepting patients. Not sure what there hold up is? However after reading her reviews i guess i never should have left my old doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][149592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Guindy is not a caring physician. I explained my abdominal pain, gastro reflux pain and bloating. She said she wouldn't send me for any testing, but recommended I take her suggestion and a new perscription of Lorazapam and in addition to that additional depression medication. I work in a hospital, I know the drugs she was pushing on me. She doesn't get any "credits" for sending me for x-rays or ultrasounds.....perscriptions might be another story. Dr. Guindy has poor listening skills and I agree with all the other comments regarding her poor performance as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][149591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

I find Dr.guindy to be very intimidating and not helpful at all. I needed to be referred to a specialist and she told me last time she tried that with another patient they never got back to her so she didn't even want to try. Leaving me without the proper resources I really need because she flat out says she doesn't deal with that type of problem but yet she won't help me find someone that does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][149590].votes_count ]]