Dr. Sherine Guindy

5 1 2.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Sherine Guindy's Ratings

Before I became pregnant, I would see my doctor generally for 2 things 1x or 2x a year - a physical and refill of my annual prescription. I started seeing Dr. Guindy when I moved to the city, which happened to be as soon as I become pregnant; which means monthly appointments. After my first appointment I was so upset that she dismissed any question I had regarding what my appointments would involve now that I'm pregnant, my husband has come with me to every one since - he was not happy.

I have read all the comments below and I don't really have anything to add other than I agree with them all - bed side manners, timing (always late) even a 730am appointment (which is her first one)... anything you read below - believe it. I will however provide one example that I feel illustrates where my frustration at least begins: at about my 3rd appointment with her (3 months pregnant) I asked her when we should start looking into pre-natal classes and does she have any recommendations for us. Her response was: That is not a health question, go onto Google and search for your area.
I made it through 6 months and now onto my OBGYN for the rest of my appointment. Will not be returning to Lakewood, which is unfortunate because the staff (especially Dr. Guindy's receptionist) is AWESOME and it's close to home - but luckily not the only one.
I was not only new to the city, a first time mom and have no family around - all which she seemed to take in at our meet and greet - obviously not retained.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2792804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Guindy for about a year and a half now and have never had a good experience with her. She rushes you out the door as fast as she can and every time I've been there she gives me a prescription (or two) even when I don't need it. She could care less about getting to the root of your problem. She just wants to give you a 'band-aid' solution. She never listens to your symptoms and makes assumptions about your problem. When I told her about something I had been reading online she said "Ha!! I've been practicing medicine for many years! I don't need to read the internet!" It was so rude! I also work in the medical field and if I said that to a patient, I would be reported to my college and could loose my job. I am very dissatisfied with Dr. Guindy. I wish it was easier to find a new doctor because I need to see a doctor now and don't even want to go to her.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2718476].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

It was as if at my age, fifty something, that I'd never had a physical and didn't know what to expect. Going through the motions doesn't begin to describe it. I've been doing this for a while, and I know how things are supposed to happen. She talks over anything I try to tell her about symptoms. The one thing that she IS good at is readily prescribing medication. She seems to be especially good at that. Med du jour. Whatever the latest pharmaceutical sales rep is selling is what's hot. I can't believe I'm taking five different medications and I don't feel better at all. It's the dismissiveness that irks me the most. You go in with a list of symptoms hoping a doctor might make some sort of correlation, but instead she ignores what you're tryin to tell her and hands you bunch of prescriptions. She doesn't really seem to take things seriously.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2713720].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

The staff at lakewood, especially this one lady are really awesome, friendly and professional. I went to Dr guindy for my second appointment ever with her and within minutes she addressed all my problems. I have been 4 other gps and many specialists and she was the only one smart enough to check my b12. She is nice and funny as well. Give her a chance, she could save you from a life time of pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2709265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

I don't know where she got her degree but it doesn't stand up to the standards I expect. She is not knowledgeable in your concerns about your health. You have to listen to the patient....they know their own body best. Sorry you know the patient is right....Listen for a change. Don't walk around with that stethoscope and think that you are above all others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707106].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Brushes off all my health concerns by saying I am "too young". If I hadn't gone to a different doc for a second opinion a serious health issue would have been missed! Also ignores prescription refill requests from pharmacy - for ventolin ! Ive had asthma for life and it's very inconvenient to be forced to make a new appointment in order to get a prescription for a life-long regular medication! Won't be seeing this doctor anymore !

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2667660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 31, 2014

Dr. Guindy is pleasant when you see her but her knowledge of
medicine is poor. She is not eager to listen to what you have to say about yourself and what you are feeling. She dismisses you when you have legit complaints about not feeling well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2665363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2014

Worst doctor ever. She judged my decisions and questioned why I did certain things in my life and laughed in my face. She told me to stop in whenever to receiver b12 shots because it would only take 10 mins. Needless to say, I sat there for an hour before I got into a room. Also, I had to have papers faxed from her office to another doctor and the receptionist charged me $40 saying that "it wasn't covered." Fine, my problem- my other doctor NEVER received the papers and I called dr. Guindy' office about it to remind them. Rooms are messy- bandaid wrappers and Kleenex all over the floor, garbage cans overflowing and needle caps all over the desk. Horrible, I will never go again.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2653716].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

Not thorough enough - not sure if test are read carefully enough

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2508192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Dr Sherine Guindy completely ignored my irregular periods, distressing flooding, crushing fatigue/anemia/insomnia and hot/cold flashes for 4 years. I’m 48, thought it was menopause, Dr Guindy shouted, “You are too young for that!” Two ultrasounds done but she would not discuss results. Dr Guindy NEVER did internal exams, pap smears, etc. and would not refer me to a gynecologist. At my last appointment, Dr Guindy said, “You might have cancer, I will pray for you.” Finally seeing a gynecologist now who immediately found a huge cervical polyp larger than a thumb, needs OR removal. Ultrasounds indicate a cyst in my uterus which Dr Guindy never told me about. A caring, knowlegeable doctor would have saved me all this stress by doing her job properly instead of being ignorant or negligent. If I were you, I would run away from this doctor as fast as you can.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][149602].votes_count ]]