Dr. Sherine Guindy

Rate Dr. Sherine Guindy

Dr. Sherine Guindy's Ratings

Not thorough enough - not sure if test are read carefully enough

Submitted Aug. 21, 2014 | flag

Dr Sherine Guindy completely ignored my irregular periods, distressing flooding, crushing fatigue/anemia/insomnia and hot/cold flashes for 4 years. I’m 48, thought it was menopause, Dr Guindy shouted, “You are too young for that!” Two ultrasounds done but she would not discuss results. Dr Guindy NEVER did internal exams, pap smears, etc. and would not refer me to a gynecologist. At my last appointment, Dr Guindy said, “You might have cancer, I will pray for you.” Finally seeing a gynecologist now who immediately found a huge cervical polyp larger than a thumb, needs OR removal. Ultrasounds indicate a cyst in my uterus which Dr Guindy never told me about. A caring, knowlegeable doctor would have saved me all this stress by doing her job properly instead of being ignorant or negligent. If I were you, I would run away from this doctor as fast as you can.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2014 | flag

I have recently started having alot of issues with my health. Dr. Guidy has sent me to specialists and sends me for the approrpiate tests to determine the cause of issues (still investingating). She is not always prompt but I do feel like she listens to me when I have issues. I can get in within a day or 2 to a week-far different from my previous dr. who has retired. She is a little quick at times with medications and with 1 medication I stopped as it was bothering my stomach, which she was not too happy I stopped taking it. Overall I am happy with her and her abilities.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014 | flag

Honestly the best thing I have ever done for my health was switching docs. Dr.Guindy is always late. She rushes you out the door. She does not take the time to go over your symptoms and is very quick to prescribe meds. She does not explain the pros/side effects of medication and doesn't give you a list of treatment options. She rarely checks your chart so you have to remind her of important medical concerns.She also does not take medical issues very seriously and brushes you off saying your young don't worry.I saw her for two years and she is the worst doc I have ever had!

Submitted June 11, 2013 | flag

I am very unhappy with the level of care i have recieved from Dr.Guindy, I am 23 weeks pregnant and should have been refered to a obs/gyno at the very latest 3 weeks ago. However Dr. Guindy and her recepionist are unable to complete the simple task of finding and referring me to a obs/gyno. I have even provided them with names of doctors that i have personally found out are accepting patients. Not sure what there hold up is? However after reading her reviews i guess i never should have left my old doctor!

Submitted April 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Guindy is not a caring physician. I explained my abdominal pain, gastro reflux pain and bloating. She said she wouldn't send me for any testing, but recommended I take her suggestion and a new perscription of Lorazapam and in addition to that additional depression medication. I work in a hospital, I know the drugs she was pushing on me. She doesn't get any "credits" for sending me for x-rays or ultrasounds.....perscriptions might be another story. Dr. Guindy has poor listening skills and I agree with all the other comments regarding her poor performance as a doctor.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

I find Dr.guindy to be very intimidating and not helpful at all. I needed to be referred to a specialist and she told me last time she tried that with another patient they never got back to her so she didn't even want to try. Leaving me without the proper resources I really need because she flat out says she doesn't deal with that type of problem but yet she won't help me find someone that does.

Submitted Dec. 26, 2012 | flag

The negative responses posted on this sight re: Dr. Guindy's medical expertise are accurate. Yes, she seems to be nice, but when you have a significant medical issue knowledge and medical expertise are required and she seems to lack both. I have bone loss in the jaw; broke two ribs in a fall, yet because I am not 65, she said I could not have a bone density test. My new doctor ordered one right away! (Get it: we don't go to her as she is a threat to our health). Of more significance is my husband's issue: he tried to tell her many times that something did not feel right in his digestive system/stomach area. She replied he is relatively young and worries too much. Never once palpated his stomach or did any tests to investigate. Our new Dr. knew something was wrong and referred for tests. He has significant kidney disease. Had it not been discovered when it was, he might have died. I am thankful for our new doctor and warn anyone reading this NOT to go to Sherene Guindy. A QUACK!

Submitted Nov. 14, 2012 | flag

I switched to Dr. Guindy as my previous Dr retired and I am fully satisfied. She is friendly, happy and listened to the problems very carefully. She does not waste time and get to the problem right away. I am very happy that she is my G.P. and would reccommend her to other family members and friends.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Guindy has an excellent patient-doctor manner. She is always willing to discuss concerns. I was called for an annual checkup a year after my first visit to her last year. This is amazing. In all my 65 years, I have never been reminded to have a physical--that's wonderful concern for the patient. Full tests were done both times.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2012 | flag