Rate Dr. Norman A. Armstrong

Dr. Norman A. Armstrong's Ratings

Just wanted to add a comment after being his patient for 4 years, 2 c-sections. He is everything (positive reviews) that says here.I found Dr. Armstrong in this website when I moved to this area,and did not have a doctor. He is a GREAT doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Dr Armstrong was recommended to me by a co-worker. I had never had a male DR before but he was the greatest DR I had ever encountered period! He listened, he asked and answered questions, and made me laugh. Typically, DRs dont listen because "They know best", but I really feel like he took his time and I appreciated that. Im returning today for a ultrasound for my first pregnancy and Im oober excited for to experience this new journey.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956671].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr Armstrong saw me 12/12/12 and did an ultrasound finging the baby's heartbeat and according to him everything was great. I wondered why we say the heartbeat and not hear it and all he said was that the baby is too small. I complained to the Dr about cramping shich he assuared me was normal. A week later I had some spotting and slight cramping, I called the doctor and he called back assuring me that all was well based on last week's ultrasound. Another week passed and this time I called becuase of red blood with a dull lower back pain. The doctor thought I was overreacting and that all was fine and that I should wait for my scheduled date 1/2/2013. Went to the emergency room on 12/31/2012 just to find out that my baby had no heartbeat and according to the ER the baby stopped growing two weeks ago. I was motified. I know there is nothing Dr, Armstong could have done to stop the miscarrage but he has not empathy. NO BLOOD IS NORMAL DURING PREGNANCY.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956670].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Best OB ever! Dr Armstrong was my gyn for years before I got pregnant the first time. I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. He was very supportive, encouraging and comforting. He took the time to understand my desires and concerns and worked with me through my next 2 pregnancies and delivered my 2 beautiful children via C-section. His surgical scars were almost invisible. I have since moved away and wish I could continue to go to him. I highly recommend Dr. Armstrong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

I switched to Dr.Armstrong during my 2nd trimester of my pregnancy due to being unhappy with my previous doctor. I immediately felt comfortable, was never rushed, and he was knowledgeable regarding all of my many questions. I expressed my strong desire to avoid cesarian birth and read that he has a low rate of c section births. I am 37 years old and he was helpful and encouraging regarding all my concerns with "high risk" pregnancy. Despite any anxiety related to my first experience with childbirth, I felt calmed in his presence due to his high degree of confidence and competenct.I had an easy labor and had a successful vaginal birth. I would recommend Dr. Armstron to anyone without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

Dr Armstrong is a class act . He delivered our first child and cared for my wife . I am a surgeon . Simply put Dr Armstrong is the guy who the other OB/GYNs call when they get in a jam. His hands are the ones you want when things are easy and when things get a little tough. He answers questions with a calm confident energy. Wish more docs were like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2012

Great Doctor! Good bedside matter!I would highly reccommended Dr Norman Armstrong!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2011

Originally (I have been a patient since 2002), Dr. Armstrong was amazing...courteous, friendly, funny, and he always took the time to sit down with me and discuss any questions or concerns that I had. I have gone through 3 pregnancies-all complicated-with him as my doctor, so you can imagine that I have had A LOT of questions. During my last pregnancy, however, things started to go downhill with him and his staff. Phone calls were rarely returned, the staff was often rude (there is a high turnover there and the latest batch of employees is subpar), and Dr. Armstrong seemed distracted and unconcerned with my insistence that I did not feel well. Additionally, my tubal ligation procedure was not discussed beforehand (ie, risks v. benefits) nor did Dr. Armstrong cauterize my tubes as I requested (at least based on what he told me during my post-partum check-up). Overall, I was dismayed that our doctor-patient relationship ended this way as I had always been very impressed before.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956665].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2010

Highly recommend Dr. Amstrong. I had to choose another doctor as the hospital he is affiliated with is too far from my house (hospital is in Arlington, VA). However, he was most helpful in helping me identify other doctors to make the transition that much easier. Very kind and good sense of humor! All the staff and Dr. Amstrong make you feel at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Armstrong is great! He's very passionate and understanding. I went to see him after reading the comments written here and all the goods things that have been said about him are very TRUE. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1956663].votes_count ]]