Rate Dr. Anthony C. Picchiello

Dr. Anthony C. Picchiello's Ratings

I have never written anything on these sites but after what I heard about someone whom I trust & think the world of Dr Picchiello....I felt I had to state some things.......Dr P has absolutely saved my life....I must say without him I would have committed suicide. He has imparted to me somewhat of a physical freedom...prior to becoming part of his practice as a patient, I could not leave the house, raise my children or have any life...I have Multiple Sclerosis, a failed serious back surgery to name a few. I suffer severe pain & disability. If it were not for Dr P's astute evaluative skills and subsequent treatment I would not be here today. I am saddened to think he will not be practicing. I hope The people that be if you would will see at the conclusion of their investigation that he is not at fault. He absolutely follows all of the rules & runs a very tight ship. He is very professional in his evaluation & treatment. I have never had a physician do such a thorough examination & truly "care" about his patients as he does. Nowadays with the big "hype" about pain meds....he is under constant scrutiny........It seemsyou are damned if you do & damned if you dont....Its patients like the one at hand in this exposed case that ruin legitamite patient care...just because some careless patient did something How on earth is the Dr to blame....I am so angry about this I could spit nails...I hope Dr P does not fall victim to the system & continue to do what he was put on this earth for...Care for People. He is not only the best Dr I have ever been to but a Great compasionate person as well....I have been a patient of his for 12 years......I thank you Dr P, and my 2 boys thank you for giving them their mom back .......Please remember there are many patients that love you and your practice

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2740347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr Picchiello is very compassionate. He spends as much time with me as if I am the only person there! He answers all questions & helps as a counselor to boost my attitude to Happy, which I am when I leave his office. He is so kind. I feel confident having him as my Doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2739951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Have been hearing so many rumors about what's going on with Dr. P. First let me say he is one of the best pain management specialists around. I would hate to see him not resume practicing. I have reason to believe that the individual involved did not commit suicide but was hospitalized for overdosing a narcotic which was prescribed by Dr. P. In addition, the individual was also on other types of medications, what I refer to as psychotropic meds, used to treat PTSD, Bi-polar, and other mental conditions. As in any legal allegation the doctor did not admit to wrongdoing so there was a settlement and fine of sorts and some heavy duty handslapping on the doctor and I think once all conditions have been met hopefully Dr. P will be able to resume his practice and continue to treat those individuals who wouldn't consider using anyone else. It's very difficult for any M.D. to treat patients who also suffer from mental disorders and are treated by another doctor for that condition. Combined with pain meds, yes, it can be harmful and some individuals having a mental disorder as well as physical many times do not have a handle on dosage and can easily harm themselves intentionally or otherwise. I am disturbed by the fact that the patient is held out to be the injured victim and the doctor the villain. In today's climate with pain meds everyone is so quick to rush to judgment and lump all pain specialists as running "pain mills" and those who are suffering chronic pain are looked upon as "druggies or addicts". Dr. P runs a very tight ship and I have never found him to be guilty of any of the allegations set forth in the complaint against him. If anything, I can't think of one thing he should be doing above and beyond what he already does in his practice. Anyone who has to do pain management probably has never experienced such a thorough exam and time spent with a doctor before as in Dr. P's practice. Anyone looking for an excellent doctor please consider Dr. P and don't let the rumors dissuade you. I'm sure every patient of his will tell you he's the best!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2738393].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

There are a lot of rumors going around about what happened (see comment below). The bottom line is that if a patient wants to commit suicide or do themselves harm you can't blame the doctor or pharmacist. Yes, Dr. P's license was temporarily suspended pending a review. But, really, folks, I've been a patient of his for a number of years. Every office visit the patient is required to sign a written statement re: meds which contains strong language about locking up meds, don't sell, share, etc., and these drugs can "kill". In additon, at the end of a very extensive examination and consult with Dr. P he also tells you verbally the same thing, including if meds are lost or stolen they won't be replaced. He emphasizes responsibility in taking any meds he prescribes. When was the last time anyone went to a doctor and spent 25-30 minutes with the doc with an exam and this is every visit plus extensive drug testing. How much more careful and responsible can a physician be! What was Dr. P supposed to do, go home with this patient and administer the meds. Someone serious about committing suicide isn't going to go around bragging about doing the deed. They can appear very normal and no one has a clue but their loved ones are very quick to find a scapegoat (doctor or pharmacist or both). This is the best pain management specialist you can find and it angers me that this one individual has "f'kd" this up for all the rest of Dr. P's patients who are using their meds responsibly and now are forced to find another doctor if he's not reinstated and that means a five minute see the doctor, get a script, and out the door. No wonder it's so difficult for many because of a select few screwballs to be able to see a doctor, get the necessary medications, and especially find a pharmacy that is not making up its own rules who will fill it without the patient being treated like a common street addict. I want to thank the idiot who decided to use his meds to end his life and with it take away the one doctor (hopefully, not permanent) who has helped so many responsibile patients who can now have a somewhat normal life and function because of Dr. P. I'm praying that whoever the higher powers are that are reviewing Dr. P will not use him as a scapegoat and reinstate his license and let him get back to doing what he does best, being the best caring physician a patient can ever hope to have.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2738017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2015

I believe this doctor, Dr. Anthony Picchiello, was arrested last week. In addition, his medical license has been suspended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732289].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I am very surprised there has been no comments thus far! Dr. Pic has been my Pain Management Dr. for 5 years, and is hands down the most attentive, caring and knowledgable physician I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I have fibromyalgia, several ruptured disks in my back and was also involved in a near fatal car accident. Through modalities such as physical therapy, TENS, occassional injections, vitamin therapy and low dose meds he has given my life back. This may not be the cure all for everyone, but rest assured he will work with you to find the treatment that allows you to live your life to the fullest. My humblest and deepest gratitude to Dr.P.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][149792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2012

Dr P is the best of the best for pain management, and listens so well, and is such a great guy himself...I will never go any where else ever......

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][149791].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2012

He has been my physician for over 10 years he has helped me through the bad years. I had an accident in 1992 I have had fusions and ruptured (5) disk in total in lumbar area and both shoulders repaired. As I age the pain gets worse he has set with me when I cried and help me make choices so as not to increase my meds. Because I take med he makes sure I have test to check out my organs and blood work to keep me healthy. I respect him! He requires blood test from every patient’s visit to make sure they use there meds right. He has all ways been there for me. The doctor and his staff are very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][149790].votes_count ]]